Patran

Apr 28, 2018
Yes, Siena is a weak combatant. If you really want to make a fighter out of her, get her 5 magic gene+some lust and hp + the starting trait that gives your MC +1 genes all around, and finally help Castalia in the library and get the Telekinetic trait. Get all 3 pacts with Hebi while you're at it to get some armor.
You'll have about 60 health, 2 armor, 40 magic power and about 20 Ldmg. this can vary depending on what else you buy in the skill trees, but back to the initial point... Yes, Siena is a weak fighter.
Yeah I don't like her mechanics (or at least the way the concept is implemented, if she was a summoner that'd be way better than creating mostly useless units and no not talking about slime bulbs those don't count) but at least wanted to try her out. I really feel like she needs some kind of a rework tho, every MC has some cool stuff. Druid has Seedlings which become monstrously strong in the mid game, Evo has incredible customizability and is incredibly strong as a flexible option for a team. And Crea is... Weird? Can't adapt creatures unless they are slimes (would make more sense for her to be able to "adapt" in her creation window), can't fight for shit, can't even unlock the stat changing in a short or very short game cause not enough points to go around... She feels more like a challenge character than anything else honestly. Maybe she's better on long games (though with her adapt working only on slimes it sounds as kind of a hassle compared to Evo) but as I previously said she just feels like a worse Evo

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Yeah I don't like her mechanics (or at least the way the concept is implemented, if she was a summoner that'd be way better than creating mostly useless units and no not talking about slime bulbs those don't count) but at least wanted to try her out. I really feel like she needs some kind of a rework tho, every MC has some cool stuff. Druid has Seedlings which become monstrously strong in the mid game, Evo has incredible customizability and is incredibly strong as a flexible option for a team. And Crea is... Weird? Can't adapt creatures unless they are slimes (would make more sense for her to be able to "adapt" in her creation window), can't fight for shit, can't even unlock the stat changing in a short or very short game cause not enough points to go around... She feels more like a challenge character than anything else honestly. Maybe she's better on long games (though with her adapt working only on slimes it sounds as kind of a hassle compared to Evo) but as I previously said she just feels like a worse Evo
Siena... doesn't get better in long games. If anything, it comes to a point where the hostility has scaled high enough to warrant a one-shot death because her stats are too low. Siena shines in scaling speed in the early/mid-game when you're trying to get specific hybrids. Her power of creation lets you cheese some stuff, like unlocking the Spores from the mushroom boss (lol) or the swamp slimes (OP as fuck when you create them back to back and have them feast upon each other, ngl) with her unlockable spell, but to power-up units in the long term, raising a spirits farm as trait bank is still the way to go.

there is ONE thing i have not tested, it's the "hive power" in the top right of the Tanid skill tree, and the influence it has on the hives and/or the influence the hives have on Siena. Maybe that's the OP mechanic and i never tried it by mistake, but... i doubt it.

From the earlier development (pre- 0.10) Siena was always meant as a harder and more challenging MC to play, and Viridion as the hardest. But with the recent changes to their powers, and streamlining the power to adapt traits on their own special units, Viridion has become much more powerful and easy to scale than Siena.

Patran

Apr 28, 2018
Siena... doesn't get better in long games. If anything, it comes to a point where the hostility has scaled high enough to warrant a one-shot death because her stats are too low. Siena shines in scaling speed in the early/mid-game when you're trying to get specific hybrids. Her power of creation lets you cheese some stuff, like unlocking the Spores from the mushroom boss (lol) or the swamp slimes (OP as fuck when you create them back to back and have them feast upon each other, ngl) with her unlockable spell, but to power-up units in the long term, raising a spirits farm as trait bank is still the way to go.

there is ONE thing i have not tested, it's the "hive power" in the top right of the Tanid skill tree, and the influence it has on the hives and/or the influence the hives have on Siena. Maybe that's the OP mechanic and i never tried it by mistake, but... i doubt it.

From the earlier development (pre- 0.10) Siena was always meant as a harder and more challenging MC to play, and Viridion as the hardest. But with the recent changes to their powers, and streamlining the power to adapt traits on their own special units, Viridion has become much more powerful and easy to scale than Siena.
Yup, Viridion is much more interesting to play than Siena (especially after getting blood magic, bloodline all 10 genes for every unit for the rest of the game :p could fight my way through the radiated world from the alternative ending with no kitsune/life root cheese so that's saying something). The hives seem kinda useless on the overworld map and it's weird cause when you have her as an enemy it's important to keep her power down by destroying hives, but when you play her they're just a quality of life when it comes to it (no endurance loss on terrain, c'mon). I had no idea she could do stuff like that with spores and slimes though! I guess it's nice to have a harder character, but at least give her a gimmick that works, cheesing the early game is cool and all but when you essentially play with no MC power in the late game it's kinda boring. Bah my own run got saved only by the fact that lvl 20 Fire Snakes turn out to be quite good! Maybe not to the point of something like a seedling dragon but damn close. Of course it was on very short just to sample the character so didn't have time to unlock most things but yeah... she feels weird... Maybe buffing the slime bulbs would work so they work anywhere on the map, take no action points and take no/minimal mana to deploy, but I'm not an expert at balancing :D

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
There's a list of the unlockables on the wiki.
PANIK

holy shit, that's a LOT of missing info indeed >.>
there's no way i remember by heart what each and every achievement unlocks though, lol.
/panik

Okay, for a minute I thought I somehow missed an entire page lol

Yeah, the wiki only has unlocks tied to achievements or perks listed. All the hidden ones aren't listed anywhere I can find.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
tehlemon Can you provide an example of a "hidden" unlockable? Could you be referring to genetic traits?
The majority of the professions would be a good example. There's achievements that obviously unlock some of them, but having looked at the fully unlocked file compared to my fresh file, there's some that I'm not sure about.

And a lot of the player traits, since they're not actually traits in game that show the "unlock by doing X" when you highlight them. Because, you know, you can't highlight traits you don't have lol

I have a feeling there's a bunch that are like the 'beat the game with the hero profession' one, but without explicit achievements? But I have no idea. Just by raw count, I know there's more stuff to unlock (not counting traits/species) than I have remaining achievements. It's also likely that some achievements are unlocking more than one thing, but I don't have any way to figure out which achievements unlock which things.

I thought about compiling a list of things I unlocked as I unlocked them, just so I could add a page to the wiki for it to help the next person, but after my first two wins on a clean file I unlocked a bunch of random stuff without being able to tell which unlock was from which action lol

Right now I have 16 available, 12 unavailable, and 16 completed achievements.
I'm missing, 7 jobs and 28 traits.

Some of this stuff I can kind of put two and two together and figure out where they're from, but a lot of them are pure guesses. Like, I'm guessing the established trait is from beating the no upgrades achievement? If it's not that, I have no fucking clue where that trait comes from.

Someone said that the Hero Win unlocks the Bonus trait, which I absolutely would not have guessed. The tool tip for Bonus says that it's for beating an extreme challenge. I don't really consider the hero job to be an extreme challenge, just, slightly more annoying that taking trainer every time lol

IDK, I like targeting unlocks in games like this so that I can try and unlock things I'd like to use to unlock other stuff.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
The "bonus" trait (10 bonus points for MC) is definitely unlocked by the extreme 600% challenge, not the Hero job.
Ahhh shit, misread that comment and switched the two in my head.

Okay, then the Hero achievement is a good example of one that I have no idea what it's for.

GhoulGuy360

Dec 17, 2020
Woo, a happy ending!
The only downside is the usual cannot load old save files, but at the same time I do not have to redo Everything due to already doing a achievement or unlocking stuff. The only thing minor one I have to unlock is the Rock spirit as the primary summon spirit, but other than that, the only other things are the more unique or difficult to find species and finishing the other special species you can breed to unlock. other than that, it's not a bad downside. even though the only pain is the early stuff, which the more difficult (for me at least) achievements are achieved in the early game anyways. such as boss fights (like the Kitsune), getting a Spirit to level 15within 30 days, and so on along that. the only traits I need to unlock are a few of the ones that need a specific stat maxed while all others are 2 or 3 and less.

including the ones where you actually have to beat the game with a character.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Okay, new question.

When looking at the hiring screen in the tavern, is there an easy way to tell if the person you're looking at will award any ritual points? Because I'm real bad at remembering what I've already done, and at what level.

GhoulGuy360

Dec 17, 2020
Okay, new question.

When looking at the hiring screen in the tavern, is there an easy way to tell if the person you're looking at will award any ritual points? Because I'm real bad at remembering what I've already done, and at what level.
I am not sure, but the easiest way is when looking in your creation/change Menu, you can also see the level of the species next to it's name (includes some special hybrids). You're fine as long as the one in the tavern is of a higher level then something you already own or had owned before.

aka, it just needs to be a higher level than something you had before, and you can always check in the menu for Creating or Changing into something. Spirits and creatures obviously do not count.

Reactions: clockwinding

Patran

Apr 28, 2018
Tying in to the question about ritual points: any tips on getting more of them quickly other than sniping high lvl tavern characters? Fusion disables rituals and breeding up to max lvl 20 without bloodline takes a lot of time (at least in my case with my abysmal RNG)

Patran

Apr 28, 2018
Also, took the Hive Power trait on Siena that clockwinding was talking about, mostly for science and... I have no idea what it does! No tooltip, no new ability for her, created a couple of hives in the stable portal (cuz Hive Power, duh). Nothing changed. Fought on them, nothing new except the slime tiles, but that's to be expected, so for now it seems to be just a waste of points, unless I'm not seeing something.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
New goal found: Try to survive for 10 days w/o going broke the 5th day...

Patran

Apr 28, 2018
I think someone before me said it, but getting a lizard girl starter and a lymean with beauty (if you can) and just plopping them into the brothel will get you some stable income for the first 10/15 days (if you don't go over board with recruiting of course) Food is a huge money sink so if changing every new recruit job to Fisher should help. Other than that the combat side of things might be hard at the start, though if you spawn a spirit and recruit a unit with decent genes or a good trait (like Strong or Resilient on a front liner) and fight in the arena it usually works for me

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
I think someone before me said it, but getting a lizard girl starter and a lymean with beauty (if you can) and just plopping them into the brothel will get you some stable income for the first 10/15 days (if you don't go over board with recruiting of course) Food is a huge money sink so if changing every new recruit job to Fisher should help. Other than that the combat side of things might be hard at the start, though if you spawn a spirit and recruit a unit with decent genes or a good trait (like Strong or Resilient on a front liner) and fight in the arena it usually works for me
I still don't get this gene thing...
I haven't completed a single task in the tavern as I am a dum dum, can't figure it out.
One recruit usually spikes the taxes to near -1k...

Q wQ

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
We're just going to be repeating ourselves here...

Take your two starters and put them in the brothel. Make sure you've actually assigned them to a room.

Don't spend all your money.
Don't hire more NPCs faster than you can afford.

Full stop.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes