Patran

Apr 28, 2018
What modifiers do you guys take to beat the 600% challenge? I tried setting stuff up but starting with 100 gold and 0 points seems a bit much for me? Unless you gotta do it like that, then I have to try more :p

Oct 5, 2020
What modifiers do you guys take to beat the 600% challenge? I tried setting stuff up but starting with 100 gold and 0 points seems a bit much for me? Unless you gotta do it like that, then I have to try more :p
You're gonna have to use permadeath, min points, min money, limited saves and a few bonuses (I typically go with advancing, unlimited, wild, sparse, teeming, unique spirit, hostile etc.). You can give yourself some points, but you'll need to tick more bonuses on and that's just making the game even harder. Starter points are cheaper than MC points.

To get some traits with that, just spam maluses on your starters or use HardMode / Fragile on MC (you can restart the game a few times to get those in blue for extra -1 point).

Avoid Ugly trait on starters if you plan on putting them in brothel or Dumb if you plan to level them up. Or you can just fuse them, removing negative traits, and breed. You're gonna have to rely on those since MC will be shit (especially if you use Fragile trait).

Permadeath is nasty, get a medic ASAP, until then fight in training room or arena, you can surrender before you lose anyone.

Or just ignore portals until the final one. You just need to win that one. Though the king may pose a problem if you miss his portal quests...

Well, figuring out how to beat the 600% is part of the fun!

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
I'd go with something like this playing Evolution with fire spirits. 10 points in enough to get the profession you want + 1 or 2 traits.
Sparse & raiders don't matter if you do a Creation win to set up the Historic world modifier (more portals spawning) because you're gonna raid unstable portals, not regular ones. Sparse will even help you contain Siena's hives since there will be less portals spawning! Starters can get enough points to buy "beautiful" and be futas by taking negative traits and go straight to the brothel for money. Armored and Wild only matter very early in the game when you can't hit hard, but are quickly overcome.
Just keep in mind it's a challenge to win and not a game to establish yourself a nice looking base.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Patran

Apr 28, 2018
Thanks! I gotta try more games on permadeath then, cause I get a lot of injuries in the early game and just wait for the infirmary.

Sep 23, 2017
I definitely didn't had limited saves, that's for sure.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Patran

Apr 28, 2018
Can you capture spirits with nets? Or is there some other way to getting them? (other than praying to RNG at the tavern of course)

Ippondatara

Sep 2, 2020
Is there any way of getting Crystal Fragments other than via finding them randomly in portals? They're required in a lot of high-level crafting and it doesn't seem like there's any reliable way of finding them outside of stumbling into them.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Is there any way of getting Crystal Fragments other than via finding them randomly in portals? They're required in a lot of high-level crafting and it doesn't seem like there's any reliable way of finding them outside of stumbling into them.
there isn't any other way, alas. Best way is to stabilize every portal until your slots are full and visit them in turn every few days (crystals spawn more in stable portals).

Ippondatara

Sep 2, 2020
there isn't any other way, alas. Best way is to stabilize every portal until your slots are full and visit them in turn every few days (crystals spawn more in stable portals).
Ah, that's unfortunate. Good to know about stable portals, though - I rarely bother stabilizing them because a random portal seems just as good as one that's been stabilized, unless I know it has a rare biome (heaven, hell, swamp, crystal, flower-fields, etc)

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Okay now that's just plain mean. Why spawn them in inaccessible terrain?
It's not inaccessible! You can dig through the rock. Use overworld interactions, click on your MC portait then choose the action "dig/mine" and choose the adjascent tile you want to cut through!
Remember to check your party's overworld interactions, you can heal out of combat with them, some species like succubus can force-start a fight, you can teleport if you've got the spell, etc...

Ippondatara

Sep 2, 2020
It's not inaccessible! You can dig through the rock. Use overworld interactions, click on your MC portait then choose the action "dig/mine" and choose the adjascent tile you want to cut through!
Remember to check your party's overworld interactions, you can heal out of combat with them, some species like succubus can force-start a fight, you can teleport if you've got the spell, etc...
Oh wow, I had no idea that was diggable terrain. I knew about overworld interactions more broadly, but never thought to check the MC's there. Thank you for the tip!

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Can you capture spirits with nets? Or is there some other way to getting them? (other than praying to RNG at the tavern of course)
There is a simple and rather fast way of getting those spirits if you need something specific:

1. Pick an affinity at New Game;
2. level the spirit you get to lv20 within the first 15 days to complete Elementalist achievement;
3. Pick the newly unlocked profession at New Game.

My go-to for the achievement was Explorer profession and fighting in special unstable portals.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
New question from me, again, as always....

Is there a way to give an NPC the architect or alchemist traits for the tavern quests? I'm probably blind, and just didn't talk to everyone...

There is a simple and rather fast way of getting those spirits if you need something specific:

1. Pick an affinity at New Game;
2. level the spirit you get to lv20 within the first 15 days to complete Elementalist achievement;
3. Pick the newly unlocked profession at New Game.

My go-to for the achievement was Explorer profession and fighting in special unstable portals.
Substitute explorer for trainer, and that's how I unlocked all of the elemental affinities lol

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
New question from me, again, as always....

Is there a way to give an NPC the architect or alchemist traits for the tavern quests? I'm probably blind, and just didn't talk to everyone...
No, there isn't. You have to convert people from portals. Those are also not inheritable.

Darkarhon

Donor
Jun 20, 2017
I tried to play the game but...... i am honestly 100% lost... i got no idea what to do at all....

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes