clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
I tried to play the game but...... i am honestly 100% lost... i got no idea what to do at all....
Portals of Phereon is a sandbox-type game, so in a sense it's normal to be lost. There's plenty of shit to discover and do, and the "objective/win condition" is just so far away that you will look at things and think "i have no idea what i'm doing, and i don't even know what i'm doing it for either". That's the sandbox.

Now, getting into the game i'd say find something in it you enjoy. do you like the art style and want to fill the 400+ image gallery? do you like the hexagonal-space turn-based combat and push its limits? are you trying to breed a god-like unit that can one-shot the entire enemy team and give you unlimited bragging rights? Wanna get rich? do you want to date all the NPCs? Become the number one pimp in the land?
Each aspect of the game feeds into the others, so you'll learn bit by bit just by trying stuff. Don't think about winning your first game... because in fact, NOTHING happens if you lose. Nothing. you can go on playing, you just don't check that little "completed the story" box.

So, just discover things for a bit and try various stuff, and people on the forum will be there for the technical questions and the "how do i" type of stuff. There isn't really a writable guide when the gameplay options and paths to success are so broad. (y)

Reactions: Darkarhon

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I tried to play the game but...... i am honestly 100% lost... i got no idea what to do at all....
Play a game with the game length set to long, and then just mess around. You'll pick it up quick enough. And if not, just ask a shitload of questions. That's what I do lol

I think I finally got the game figured out. Slowly working my way through the challenges and difficulty levels. About to beat 4/10...

edit: Because I'm bad at math, I didn't realize that my last kings quest was ending the day that the final portal was spawning. So I lost on the final day, despite having the standard broken kitsune comp up and running. I'm a god damn idiot.

My save was from *before* I went through the fusing loop to create my team, with 27 days remaining.

Dammit...

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkarhon

DownloadingWUT

Dec 21, 2018
Is Telekinetic busted in 0.15.0.1 because I started a new game and did my usual lava/lymean build so they are at like 12Mstr and they were doing 1 damage in the arena, the enemies only had like 3 armor.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Is Telekinetic busted in 0.15.0.1 because I started a new game and did my usual lava/lymean build so they are at like 12Mstr and they were doing 1 damage in the arena, the enemies only had like 3 armor.
Telekinetic works just fine. Have you checked the damage type of your attack and the enemy resistances?
Telekinetic=/=deal MStr true damage. Telekinetic= use Mstr for damage if Mstr>Str.

If your attack is lava type onto a lava type, you'll deal 1/4 damage only, but 1.5x on a plant type. Or was the target on a water tile/had the wet status? To see the resistances and attack type, check the info panel of your unit/focus on the unit in combat (left click) and hover over its info in the bot left corner of the screen.

Oct 5, 2020
edit: Because I'm bad at math, I didn't realize that my last kings quest was ending the day that the final portal was spawning. So I lost on the final day, despite having the standard broken kitsune comp up and running. I'm a god damn idiot.
That also happened to me. Since then, I make sure the King either plays nice or dead. This town ain't got space for two power creeps.

Patran

Apr 28, 2018
Finally did the 600% "challenge"! Man are assassins broken with Evolution (or just broken altogether) :p Thanks to one lvl 20 assa and the usual uniques (Girata for the early game carry, Phy with true dmg and Yavoli as an early/mid healer) it was more of a nuisance than a challenge

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: clockwinding

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
That also happened to me. Since then, I make sure the King either plays nice or dead. This town ain't got space for two power creeps.
Yeah, I should really start killing him. Most of my games I'm avoiding combat for like, 50 days, and then I just murder everyone. So I kinda gotta watch him until I get to the point where I'm ready to roll. That game he kept throwing quests at me to level sexual skills, three times to master, and all three times one of the NPCs couldn't be leveled that high. I was only able to reroll one of them, so that was an automatic two losses.

But I beat it after reloading the save. Just took forever.

Onto challenge level #5. Almost half way there.

Finally did the 600% "challenge"! Man are assassins broken with Evolution (or just broken altogether) :p Thanks to one lvl 20 assa and the usual uniques (Girata for the early game carry, Phy with true dmg and Yavoli as an early/mid healer) it was more of a nuisance than a challenge
I've just been running stupid kitsune comps. What's the assassin comp look like? And is Phy that good? I've always gotten her so late that I've mostly just stuck her on fishing duty and ignored her lol

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
Play a game with the game length set to long, and then just mess around. You'll pick it up quick enough. And if not, just ask a shitload of questions. That's what I do lol

I think I finally got the game figured out. Slowly working my way through the challenges and difficulty levels. About to beat 4/10...

My save was from *before* I went through the fusing loop to create my team, with 27 days remaining.

Dammit...
Do you about the auto save? It auto save everytime a day passes in game. It is in my opinion more reliable than our own save.

Anyway, you know what I hate to find Portal Fragments. Goddamn them all

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Is there a Android ported for this game or is it can play with joiplay ?
No android port. I suppose joiplay is some kind of remote playing software, and i have no idea if it'll work either. Game can be 100% controlled by mouse so it probably works? hotkeys are so great to use though.

I've just been running stupid kitsune comps. What's the assassin comp look like? And is Phy that good? I've always gotten her so late that I've mostly just stuck her on fishing duty and ignored her lol
Phy's got the best stat scaling/level in the game, but her genes are low. You can raise the genes with advanced farm potions over a long time, but it's just so much faster to breed a stupid kitsune comp :unsure:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Do you about the auto save? It auto save everytime a day passes in game. It is in my opinion more reliable than our own save.

Anyway, you know what I hate to find Portal Fragments. Goddamn them all
I use auto-save like 99% of the time. The problem is that it auto saves at the start of the day, and you also fail the kings quests at the start of the day. So if I loaded the auto-save, it just immediately told me I lost.

And yeah, I also hate portal fragments. It's the only reason I haven't tried the alt-ending yet.

Phy's got the best stat scaling/level in the game, but her genes are low. You can raise the genes with advanced farm potions over a long time, but it's just so much faster to breed a stupid kitsune comp :unsure:
Huh, interesting. You probably lose all the benefits if you fuse her with a spirit, I'm guessing? No shortcutting the slow process

Ippondatara

Sep 2, 2020
Huh, interesting. You probably lose all the benefits if you fuse her with a spirit, I'm guessing? No shortcutting the slow process
Fusing her would make her non-unique, but if you're playing a Druid and learn blood magic and sacrifice a seedling to empower her, she'll get their base genes as well as genetic traits (if their base genes are higher than her own) without transforming into a different unit. I honestly don't like playing as the Druid that much but the potential to sacrifice characters and transplant their genes and traits onto other characters without using Fusion has a lot of potential.

Reactions: clockwinding
Sep 23, 2017
Fusing her would make her non-unique, but if you're playing a Druid and learn blood magic and sacrifice a seedling to empower her, she'll get their base genes as well as genetic traits (if their base genes are higher than her own) without transforming into a different unit. I honestly don't like playing as the Druid that much but the potential to sacrifice characters and transplant their genes and traits onto other characters without using Fusion has a lot of potential.

I did it to get a fully upgraded AN_03 with 10 traits, she became an insane power mage with telekinetic, spectral sword and agile (from her unique sonar upgrade). Full satisfaction to use laser beam to evaporate enemies turn 1 and smacking enemies that gather around her considering her weak because she had manabound.

Other one that was insane was Saliel (sniper/quickshot) with savage and overwhelming (+other traits that scale str, speed and growth), it felt like she was truly a sniper with a fucking rifle.

Overwhelming was so good to use. Shame I don't know how to reliably find it.

Patran

Apr 28, 2018
It's not a comp per say it's just something I run before I get to the broken part (like the nuclear kitsune comp) It's just that I took the assassin for 2 points from the knowing trait (they have 3 ap per turn + quick attack + they can roll backstab so 4 attacks per round) turned into one as Evo so now I has two assassins, that carried me through early game and I use Phy as a reliable damage dealer, she's not amazing but true damage + void sword or any weapon that doesn't change the dmg type, like a regular bow are amazing on her. (and the fact she's an early ,day 15, lvl 20 is amazing too) as I said I use Phy, some spirit fused tank (probably insect soldier for their great hp scaling) and any good uniques to get through early/mid game before I can get to the stupidly overpowered partys!
And yeah fusing her would get rid of the true damage part so the only part that really matters on her :p
EDIT: though I imagine it could be a comp if you somehow could get your hands on two of them (maybe Creation?) and breed them cause the lvl 20 i had had completely dog shit genes for a dmg dealer (4hp and 2str and since I was playing on 600% couldn't really get more spirits reliably) and she was doing work regardless so maybe breeding those to 10 in every genes could be really good too, don't think the same could be said about Oracles (the other 2 point "knowing" reward) cause they just have Mind Blast which is a one target nuke vs Assassins 4 attacks (maybe 5 or 6 with Rush and focused if that works on them)

And of course since I was Evo I had "Potential" on everything and even snatched a "Growing" trait from some unstable portal monster so everything was lvl 25 by the time I had the final mission, some Evo potions for adapting later and my soldier bug had almost 500 hp and hit for a respectable 43 (very short game just to get the 600%)

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017
Anyone still having problems to trigger Xhana? One of the two last Unique characters I have to unlock and I am dying of curiosity to know what her kit does, in the wiki it says she has infinity scale possibility and a unique trait. (playing in the last build)

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
ManiacSquisher Sure do. Either it was, in fact, not fixed in 15.0.1, or...I may be blind, but I cannot find the "bugfix" section of 15.0.1 changelog added to OP in the respective Patreon post at all. Wonder if it came from Discord.

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes