Patran

Apr 28, 2018
Hello there, how genes affects to characters, If they have fixed growth stat per lvl? Anyone know how genes work?
The growth stats show the multiplier of gained stats (so a soldier bug which has 1.4* hp modifier will gain 14 hp for every 10hp)
And genes show how much of that stat you gain (so you gain more stats with a gene 10 character than an 8) Just the more genes the better usually

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
is there any news about the next update?
Not that I've seen, aside from potentially new character art on twitter. Or character art for characters I don't recognize, one of the two, but both would make me happy lol

Delsa

Jan 15, 2019
Not that I've seen, aside from potentially new character art on twitter. Or character art for characters I don't recognize, one of the two, but both would make me happy lol
i simply like the gameplay, so any new thing would be a blessing in my book

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Here

or use the Link from the op, i try to keep that file up to date

Just make sure you back up your own unlock file if you're a completionist, or you'll have to completely redo it like me lol

Onto difficulty 10 with my save.

edit: woo, finally beat all 10 difficulties. now to do the 600% challenge with the broken job lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Erta Wanderer

Erta Wanderer

Apr 6, 2021
hello newish player. i really wish i knew about this thread when i first started playing it would have saved a lot of pain. a few questions
what is the kitsune comp? i keep seeing it mentioned and i assume it's got something to do with the boss monsters and spirit breeding, but im only 30 pages deep into this thread and i thought i would just ask.

how do you unlock God form? i'm 4 challenge ranks deep and have even taken a shot at the hidden endings(not enough portal fragments) but i can't find this

how do you raise your max lvl to 30? i'm trying to unlock ancient power starting trait.

Altruant

Feb 20, 2021
hello newish player. i really wish i knew about this thread when i first started playing it would have saved a lot of pain. a few questions
what is the kitsune comp? i keep seeing it mentioned and i assume it's got something to do with the boss monsters and spirit breeding, but im only 30 pages deep into this thread and i thought i would just ask.

how do you unlock God form? i'm 4 challenge ranks deep and have even taken a shot at the hidden endings(not enough portal fragments) but i can't find this

how do you raise your max lvl to 30? i'm trying to unlock ancient power starting trait.
The Kitsune boss would drop an egg upon being defeated, using the egg, you can breed more Kitsune. All Kitsunes have a powerful Map wide spell "thunder storm". By increasing their magic gene, you increase the map wide damage. 5 Kitsune with good gene and trait can therefor repeatedly nuke the entire map 5 times.

Evolution and Prince has some powerful trait copying power. By using a spirit or a seedling dragon with the Trait copying power, they can create a trait "bank", a spirit or a seedling dragon with plenty of trait. The spirit can be fused into the Kitsune to give the kitsune all the positive trait, the dragons can be sacrificed for all the positive traits involving magic and stats.

God form can only be unlocked by maxing out Evolution gene stat page

Portal fragments can be found by exploring map, fighting enemies and then accepting rewards at the guild.

After completing a game, you can use new game plus to unlock a new game. Each new game plus raise the max level of a character you can breed by 5, so after 2 new game plus, it will be 30

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019

the "Kitsune comp" refers to having hunted multiple kitsunes and fused them with gene-maxed spirits so you can breed them with the traits you want and get some truly outrageous value out of your time. It's just pushing the limits of the breeding system a bit.

The God-form is unique to Nila (Evolution), you need to unlock all the other forms to get it: speed, strength, lust, magic, support forms -> unlock god-form. You can also meet it when playing as Siena or Viridion when the "rival strength" reaches a certain cap.

Reaching lvl 30 is doable on a fresh file, you just have to know how. The trick is to find Dragonwelps, and get those to genetic lvl 20. When dragonwelps reach their lvl cap, they can evolve into adult dragons, getting +10 max level in the process, so 20+10=30.

Erta Wanderer

Apr 6, 2021
the "Kitsune comp" refers to having hunted multiple kitsunes and fused them with gene-maxed spirits so you can breed them with the traits you want and get some truly outrageous value out of your time. It's just pushing the limits of the breeding system a bit.
The Kitsune boss would drop an egg upon being defeated, using the egg, you can breed more Kitsune. All Kitsunes have a powerful Map wide spell "thunder storm". By increasing their magic gene, you increase the map wide damage. 5 Kitsune with good gene and trait can therefor repeatedly nuke the entire map 5 times.

Evolution and Prince has some powerful trait copying power. By using a spirit or a seedling dragon with the Trait copying power, they can create a trait "bank", a spirit or a seedling dragon with plenty of trait. The spirit can be fused into the Kitsune to give the kitsune all the positive trait, the dragons can be sacrificed for all the positive traits involving magic and stats.
ooooh got it. already knew about the gene/trait bank and boss eggs just didn't know it could get that strong. time to go boss hunting.

The God-form is unique to Nila (Evolution), you need to unlock all the other forms to get it: speed, strength, lust, magic, support forms -> unlock god-form. You can also meet it when playing as Siena or Viridion when the "rival strength" reaches a certain cap.
God form can only be unlocked by maxing out Evolution gene stat page
there we go! i knew i wasn't investing enough into my Evo starter. normally i just go full melee build with a full team of 50-70 STR fighters. works great but i tend to forget i have a main character when i do it

Portal fragments can be found by exploring map, fighting enemies and then accepting rewards at the guild.

After completing a game, you can use new game plus to unlock a new game. Each new game plus raise the max level of a character you can breed by 5, so after 2 new game plus, it will be 30
Reaching lvl 30 is doable on a fresh file, you just have to know how. The trick is to find Dragonwelps, and get those to genetic lvl 20. When dragonwelps reach their lvl cap, they can evolve into adult dragons, getting +10 max level in the process, so 20+10=30.
wonderfull! i already have a new game + set up so this should work great.

Last edited:

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
ooooh got it. already knew about the gene/trait bank and boss eggs just didn't know it could get that strong. time to go boss hunting.

there we go! i knew i wasn't investing enough into my Evo starter. normally i just go full melee build with a full team of 50-70 STR fighters. works great but i tend to forget i have a main character when i do it

wonderfull! i already have a new game + set up so this should work great.
Yeah, kitsune comps are super strong. They basically carried me through all 10 difficulties and then the 600% difficulty challenge (queens quest helped, of course). Even with a half-assed version, they'll easily be hitting every enemy for 50+ per kitsune. Running four of them basically means you can nuke down everything turn one except for the tankiest of enemies.

And yeah, god form is nice just because it's an extra lighting storm. Basically turns you into a 5th kitsune for the team. Then I just run the alt-ending character who can portal around and one shot anything that lives.

The only problem with the method I used to beat all the difficulty challenges is that you basically ignore 90% of the game. I literally just farm money and then use the tavern and random egg sales to boost Evo's skill points for the first two months of the game until I'm min/maxed to death. The only combat I do is like, 10 minutes to unlock and then level my kitsune party, and then like, 30s to finish the last portal lol

Light elementals are broken for that style of play. Spend the first week cranking out holy spirits to stick in the brothel for unlimited money and easy access to exp potions lol

Reactions: clockwinding
Oct 5, 2020
You don't really need Kitsune to get Lightning Storm, by the way.

You can fuse/breed any character that has Spark, Lightning Bolt or Lightning Strike repeatedly to upgrade the spell all the way up to Lightning Storm. Easiest with Creation, just create a couple sirens (you can set Lightning Strike and skip spark/bolt), if no siren available, lymean can get the spark. With Evolution, you can pick Lightning Strike and breed to propagate/upgrade it. With druid, well, just breed anything that has those spells and hope for the best.

There's more upgradeable spells like that. Meteor Storm is one, hits all enemies, is kinda weaker and has a cooldown, however. World's End is quite powerful, but requires positioning (is cone).

Reactions: clockwinding

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019

You can fuse/breed any character that has Spark, Lightning Bolt or Lightning Strike repeatedly to upgrade the spell all the way up to Lightning Storm. Easiest with Creation, just create a couple sirens (you can set Lightning Strike and skip spark/bolt), if no siren available, lymean can get the spark. With Evolution, you can pick Lightning Strike and breed to propagate/upgrade it. With druid, well, just breed anything that has those spells and hope for the best.

There's more upgradeable spells like that. Meteor Storm is one, hits all enemies, is kinda weaker and has a cooldown, however. World's End is quite powerful, but requires positioning (is cone).
Well looks like i learned something about this game again! Sandbox games with incomplete wikis are really something XD

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021

Shit, I didn't know that.

Kitsune might still be easier though lol

My gameplay loop for beating challenges is pretty lazy

Jinsem

Jul 31, 2017
Amazing, I hardly paid attention to the upgradable skills. I hope someone give us a list of upgradable skills/spells

Mar 5, 2020
Question: does the game include a tutorial? and if not is there a tutorial online i can look at? cause this game looks complicated AF and that kinda intimidates me.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Question: does the game include a tutorial? and if not is there a tutorial online i can look at? cause this game looks complicated AF and that kinda intimidates me.
Does the game include a tutorial? No.
There are some first-time popups that will give you a couple clues as how things work, but not a dedicated game segment to teach you how to play the game.
It's sandbox, and the only thing that matters is the final day's mission.

It is 100% intimidating and even easier to get lost, but the game's worth the learning curve imo. Also, people on the forum are there if you get stuck on something, so just give it a whirl (y)

Patran

Apr 28, 2018
If you don't understand something I think (not sure though) you can go to the library and there should be a tab with game mechanics explained (again, not sure about that). But yeah if you have questions ask here!

4.10 star(s) 79 Votes