Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
Maybe if he start losing subscribers, he'll take his commitment to them more seriously, seriously, there are no new status updates or anything.
What are you talking about, we just had an update on Dec 26: "Release Window Target - First week of January". At least wait until the week actually ends without a release or an update before making such a comment.

And don't worry about his subscribers, for the last 2 years there's been a steady 1000 of them.

jamiehmcw91

May 28, 2021
My favourite bad endings?
Hunter and Eva
Hunter and Aliza
Hunter and Ophelia
Hunter and Catherine in the spa where it was suggested that Hunter got a blowjob from her
Hunter,Amber and Catherine for the party/sleepover.
Drew and Tiffany in the spa
Hunter,Aliza and Ophelia where Hunter fucked them both in Aliza's house
Drew,Hunter and Brenna, Where Drew and HUnter would dp her ass and pussy. Think both Drew and Hunter came inside her(hopefully)
Lucia and Hunter for Catherine's birthday where Lucia said shes fucking her dad

My favourtie sex scenes:
Catherine fucking Brenna with the strapon
Lucia and Sterling first time
Brenna and Sterling anal sex
Sterling and Tiffany
Mallory and Sterling

TrueJackal

Jul 7, 2020
So if a dev just need to said it not a deadline, it only an estimate, they can just infinitely delays it without any solid date of the release?
No that would not be okay. Even an estimate still has to relate to reality.

But deadlines aren't estimates. Deadlines are taken way more seriously than estimates.
An estimate is supposed to give you a general idea.

And this dev's estimates are very workable given the context. He tells us a chapter is 50% done, after 4-5 months. And 4-5 months later the chapter is almost done. That's an estimate working as intended.
He tells us the game comes out end of December, then bumps it back by only a week. Meaning that his guesses are CLOSE to reality.
AND when he says "December release" he even tells people that if you paid December and don't pay January, you STILL get the full official release, so you don't have to pay twice.

He does not infinitely push dates back. Stop lying about him. Stop misrepresenting his work ethic. He gives progress reports then teasers.

You may hate waiting. I hate waiting too. But that doesn't mean we get to start saying dumbstuff.

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018
No that would not be okay. Even an estimate still has to relate to reality.

But deadlines aren't estimates. Deadlines are taken way more seriously than estimates.
An estimate is supposed to give you a general idea.

And this dev's estimates are very workable given the context. He tells us a chapter is 50% done, after 4-5 months. And 4-5 months later the chapter is almost done. That's an estimate working as intended.
He tells us the game comes out end of December, then bumps it back by only a week. Meaning that his guesses are CLOSE to reality.
AND when he says "December release" he even tells people that if you paid December and don't pay January, you STILL get the full official release, so you don't have to pay twice.

He does not infinitely push dates back. Stop lying about him. Stop misrepresenting his work ethic. He gives progress reports then teasers.

You may hate waiting. I hate waiting too. But that doesn't mean we get to start saying dumbstuff.
he has probably not hit a single release window since 0.3 and should 100% be called on it.

everyone seems to forget he pushes updates back 3 weeks - 1 month almost every update so he needs to get better at it but he doesn't need to with so many people saying yes daddy.

so when his next estimate is, lets say November 2024 and we don't see an update till feb 20205 you think that's ok because it was an estimate and he at least updated us on it lmao

fucking boot licking on this thread is wild.

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
he has probably not hit a single release window since 0.3 and should 100% be called on it.

everyone seems to forget he pushes updates back 3 weeks - 1 month almost every update so he needs to get better at it but he doesn't need to with so many people saying yes daddy.

so when his next estimate is, lets say November 2024 and we don't see an update till feb 20205 you think that's ok because it was an estimate and he at least updated us on it lmao

I'm just going to say that I have failed to see a dev that meets the deadlines. These are things that happen when you work on your own and without any contract you know

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019

You seem to be on a crusade about this but I just don't understand why. No one is saying the dev hasn't missed his estimates, but why exactly does he NEED to get better at it? If most of his supporters will tolerate a mere month delay, then what is the problem? WWG hasn't done anything egregious enough to lose my support, I've been satisfied with the value of previous releases, and the monetary cost is insignificant to me anyway.

TrueJackal

Jul 7, 2020

Alright. What do you think the solution is?

Would you be satisfied if in November he said "Check back in March" then releases the update in January? Or would you be angry because March feels like too long? Do you think he gives the estimate of December because he likes lying to you? Or because people like yourself complain about release times and he's trying to make you happy?

He typically doesn't even give target months. He just says 35%, 50%, 85%, etc.

Do you think he's slacking off and being lazy? Because he gives progress reports and feedback.

What do you think is a solution to this problem?

zindathar

Nov 25, 2017
When developers reach a high number of subscribers, they begin to take more time to deliver new versions, and squeeze the subscribers as much as they can, the longer they take, the more they charge, don't take me the wrong way, I love this game, but as they said, it has not met its estimates since version 3, and it is January 5 and it has not yet shown signs of life, most likely there will be no delivery until next week or more

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018

Would you be satisfied if in November he said "Check back in March" then releases the update in January? Or would you be angry because March feels like too long? Do you think he gives the estimate of December because he likes lying to you? Or because people like yourself complain about release times and he's trying to make you happy?

Do you think he's slacking off and being lazy? Because he gives progress reports and feedback.

Id be satisfied if he stopped making animations, we'd get faster updates... jokes aside.

my biggest issue has been the moment he said he was in the writing phase in SEPTEMBER its fucking january and only in December the release month he has to scramble to make more scenes because of the writing... if he was this godly writer you guys seem to portray him as you'd think he'd have the skill to write a little more quickly.

4 months of writing and you fools are lapping it up is probably his biggest joke in his failed stand up career and (yes WWG is a failed stand up comedian hence we have PV.)

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
Id be satisfied if he stopped making animations, we'd get faster updates... jokes aside.

my biggest issue has been the moment he said he was in the writing phase in SEPTEMBER its fucking january and only in December the release month he has to scramble to make more scenes because of the writing... if he was this godly writer you guys seem to portray him as you'd think he'd have the skill to write a little more quickly.

4 months of writing and you fools are lapping it up is probably his biggest joke in his failed stand up career and (yes WWG is a failed stand up comedian hence we have PV.)
Jeez dude, you seem to be full of hate for some reason, but in any case, at least I don't think the dev is the best writer ever (lol), which is why I think it's natural that someone has problems when it comes to writing after four years of making the same game, It is normal.

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018
You seem to be on a crusade about this but I just don't understand why. No one is saying the dev hasn't missed his estimates, but why exactly does he NEED to get better at it? If most of his supporters will tolerate a mere month delay, then what is the problem? WWG hasn't done anything egregious enough to lose my support, I've been satisfied with the value of previous releases, and the monetary cost is insignificant to me anyway.
I woke up from being a yes man. there is hope for you too :)

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018
Jeez dude, you seem to be full of hate for some reason, but in any case, at least I don't think the dev is the best writer ever (lol), which is why I think it's natural that someone has problems when it comes to writing after four years of making the same game, It is normal.
He has dished out enough insults to others over the years, I'm sure he can take a jab or two....but then again maybe not since he booted me from his discord for saying his animations aren't very good.:whistle:

My last reply. see yall on update day, next week.... maybe:ROFLMAO:

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018
That's a total non-answer to my honest questions, and I'm not sure you know what a "yes man" actually is.

I'm looking forward to your opinions on chapter 12. Take care!(y)
If you haven't seen any of my criticisms today or over the last 6 months as any good reason then your a shill who wont agree with anything I say even when I end up being correct about WWG you'll cope hard :p

Reactions: BBC King

uscmiller22

Oct 6, 2018

The solution is to develop new skills and improve the ones he has. Estimating and creating timelines is a skill, to put it plainly he’s not good at it. He needs to improve whatever tool he uses to develop his estimates or he needs to put in more work to reach his estimates. This is something you need to be good at to be in any sort of management. For all intents and purposes, he is his own project manager, estimating timelines accurately is a skill he should have. He also waits until the very last minute every time to announce a delay when he surely knows way ahead of time. We’re approaching the end of the week, and still no release. If there was still this much work left, he damn well knew before December 24th when he announced the delay.

We get that you guys love his game, it’s great, but you excuse everything negative and freak out of everyone who gives any type of criticism. It’s like some of you are in a fucking cult. If this chapter isnt twice as long with double the words, like has been claimed constantly, will any of you call him out?

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
The solution is to develop new skills and improve the ones he has. Estimating and creating timelines is a skill, to put it plainly he’s not good at it. He needs to improve whatever tool he uses to develop his estimates or he needs to put in more work to reach his estimates. This is something you need to be good at to be in any sort of management. For all intents and purposes, he is his own project manager, estimating timelines accurately is a skill he should have. He also waits until the very last minute every time to announce a delay when he surely knows way ahead of time. We’re approaching the end of the week, and still no release. If there was still this much work left, he damn well knew before December 24th when he announced the delay.

We get that you guys love his game, it’s great, but you excuse everything negative and freak out of everyone who gives any type of criticism. It’s like some of you are in a fucking cult. If this chapter isnt twice as long with double the words, like has been claimed constantly, will any of you call him out?
I used to write estimates for contract proposals. I would love more accurate release dates for this game, but I recognize it isn't an assembly line project where you can just load historical actuals and spin a Gantt Chart to follow. It's a creative work, and by its very nature doesn't have an explicit plan to adhere to. Obviously there's an outline, but a lot of the content is thought up while it's being produced. There's a back and forth to the workflow, outlining, rendering, writing, and often more renders are needed to support the writing. Trying to predict when it'll be complete is not an exact science, that's why it's called an "estimate".

Another aspect that many seem to forget is that each chapter has satisfying story progression for every character. On top of that, many of these plot lines are interconnected. So it's not as simple as cutting unfinished scenes and bumping them to the next chapter in order to meet an arbitrary deadline. If the dev did that, it could leave the current chapter a disjointed mess requiring extra work anyway just to make it coherent.

I'm too old to be offended by words like simp, shill, cope, etc. Honestly I'm just disappointed by the entitlement and unrealistic expectations on display here, by people who should just be thankful that someone else is paying for this game to be produced.

Having said all that, if we don't get a release this weekend I will be quite vocal in my disappointment.

cosmefulanito333

Apr 30, 2023
I used to write estimates for contract proposals. I would love more accurate release dates for this game, but I recognize it isn't an assembly line project where you can just load historical actuals and spin a Gantt Chart to follow. It's a creative work, and by its very nature doesn't have an explicit plan to adhere to. Obviously there's an outline, but a lot of the content is thought up while it's being produced. There's a back and forth to the workflow, outlining, rendering, writing, and often more renders are needed to support the writing. Trying to predict when it'll be complete is not an exact science, that's why it's called an "estimate".

Another aspect that many seem to forget is that each chapter has satisfying story progression for every character. On top of that, many of these plot lines are interconnected. So it's not as simple as cutting unfinished scenes and bumping them to the next chapter in order to meet an arbitrary deadline. If the dev did that, it could leave the current chapter a disjointed mess requiring extra work anyway just to make it coherent.

I'm too old to be offended by words like simp, shill, cope, etc. Honestly I'm just disappointed by the entitlement and unrealistic expectations on display here, by people who should just be thankful that someone else is paying for this game to be produced.

Having said all that, if we don't get a release this weekend I will be quite vocal in my disappointment.
Fair points. Still, a chapter is about a 10 month project, its hard to estimate at the start but being days away from release it should get easier.

Reactions: Fayn Arawn

uscmiller22

Oct 6, 2018

I would agree if he was releasing estimated release dates immediately. He usually doesn’t give any estimated dates until 7+ months into the process. If you don’t have a good grasp on your timeline that far into the process there’s an issue. I am an Engineering Manager, I have to do this all the time for my teams projects. Scopes change, estimates change, and deadlines change; however if you are this far in and have to pivot last minute (less than a week before your estimate) then you either have a bad grasp of your efficiency, you put off the work, or you are being disingenuous to yourself to try to delay criticism. Being a repeated offender of this gets you reprimanded and fired when you aren’t your own boss. Considering he’s 4+ years into this, expecting him to grow and get better at this aspect seems like a pretty trivial ask from his fan base/customers. He hasn’t hit an estimated drop date in years, thinking that should be improved is in no way “entitlement and unrealistic expectations”. Most don’t even complain about the actual wait time, it’s being mislead with timelines changing last minute.

4.20 star(s) 369 Votes