GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
You just reminded me of the 1962 film The Brain That Wouldn't Die, which I watched when it was featured on Mystery Science Theater 3000. It was humorous when they presented it, but the original film's premise is quite horrifying. I'm kind of hoping this is NOT what Hunter has planned.:eek:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Jesus, can you imagine? What a horrifying ending that would be to Annabelle's story.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
You might be onto something. Although calling cloning your wife and waiting for her to grow up a "cure," seems a bit distasteful even for Hunter.
He killed his son/daughter. He killed his granddaughter. He killed his grandson and chopped off his limbs to use the torso and head for a robot. I don't think anything for him is off the table.

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
He killed his son/daughter. He killed his granddaughter. He killed his grandson and chopped off his limbs to use the torso and head for a robot. I don't think anything for him is off the table.
Well, Non-Canon-Hunter did those things. Canon-Hunter may want to do those things, but we don't know if he would.

My point with my comment was that calling a cloned replacement of your wife a "cure" for your wife's cancer/death seems a little out of character for him. I think he genuinely loved Annabelle and I would be hard pressed to consider a cloned version of her to be a replacement of her for him.

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Well, Non-Canon-Hunter did those things. Canon-Hunter may want to do those things, but we don't know if he would.

My point with my comment was that calling a cloned replacement of your wife a "cure" for your wife's cancer/death seems a little out of character for him. I think he genuinely loved Annabelle and I would be hard pressed to consider a cloned version of her to be a replacement of her for him.
As say: “Nothing is impossible.” for Hunter there is nothing surprising whether it is non-canon or canon. he is crazy to the point of sexual desire and takes everything to himself.

his frantic desire is clear from the very beginning of the game, whether he loved Annabelle or not, you can expect anything from him :)

as said dartred murder of one's own grandchildren or son/daughter. this explains a lot, loving and a pity Annabelle is less of a surprise...

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017

But non-canon bad ends have often given us real info before it was in canon routes. Him doing what he did in that bad end is what Hunter would do if given the chance.

The way you phrase it, non-canon hunter has had sex with all the girls. Canon Hunter may want to have sex with all the girls, but we don't know if he would. Get what i'm saying?

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
But non-canon bad ends have often given us real info before it was in canon routes. Him doing what he did in that bad end is what Hunter would do if given the chance.

The way you phrase it, non-canon hunter has had sex with all the girls. Canon Hunter may want to have sex with all the girls, but we don't know if he would. Get what i'm saying?
I think the point is we can't necessarily condemn Hunter for what he would do... if he doesn't end up doing it. That's some Minority Report thinking right there. :WeSmart:

Reactions: GeppettoPossum

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019

I see what you're saying. Real info can be gleaned but I think it's important to not always ascribe the motivations/actions of characters in the non-canon endings to the canon characters. An example of this would be Brenna going and fucking all those dogs at that dog pound. Is that something she would do? I would think not.
Sometimes the endings are just there for shock value, I think. Having sex with your daughter is not quite the same as killing your daughter & granddaughter with headshots.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I see what you're saying. Real info can be gleaned but I think it's important to not always ascribe the motivations/actions of characters in the non-canon endings to the canon characters. An example of this would be Brennagoing and fucking all those dogs at that dog pound
What i'm saying is, the characters shown in bad ends are still what a character would do if given the chance. While Brenna will never fuck a dog in canon, she is shown that if she ever does experience it, she will fall in love with it in canon. Brenna would enjoy fucking dogs, if given the chance because that feeling is inside of her character. only coming out in a bad end.

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
What i'm saying is, the characters shown in bad ends are still what a character would do if given the chance. While Brenna will never fuck a dog in canon, she is shown that if she ever does experience it, she will fall in love with it in canon. Brenna would enjoy fucking dogs, if given the chance because that feeling is inside of her character. only coming out in a bad end.
Can't say that I agree with you there. I feel like that's a risky road to go down with the bad ends. Brenna would be into getting gangbanged by dogs, Hunter would have no problem headshotting his own daughter and grandaughter, Keira would enjoy watching Drew fuck Lucia, Ophelia would like Kevin's dick (which happens to be bigger than Sterling's somehow). Basically all of the girls would enjoy getting railed by their decrepit/deformed grandfather (even against their will). And those are just the bad ends I know about.

Not sure I like the conclusions that would lead to about the girls' inner desires/characters.
Unless you have a source from WWG saying that's what he intends with the bad ends, I'm gonna choose to disagree with your assertion.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Can't say that I agree with you there. I feel like that's a risky road to go down with the bad ends. Brenna would be into getting gangbanged by dogs, Hunter would have no problem headshotting his own daughter and grandaughter, Keira would enjoy watching Drew fuck Lucia, Ophelia would like Kevin's dick (which happens to be bigger than Sterling's somehow). Basically all of the girls would enjoy getting railed by their decrepit/deformed grandfather (even against their will). And those are just the bad ends I know about.

Not sure I like the conclusions that would lead to about the girls' inner desires/characters.
Unless you have a source from WWG saying that's what he intends with the bad ends, I'm gonna choose to disagree with your assertion.
Then with your logic, Hunter would have no problem fucking his family, but probably won't in canon? Though we never seen him do it, we KNOW that he would if given the chance. You not want to believe he wouldn't do it because it doesn't sit well with you personally is not a good reason to believe the characters wouldn't do what they are shown to do if given the chance.

As it stands, there's more evidence to show the characters would do their actions then wouldn't. Your only argument that they wouldn't is that you don't like the conclusions it would lead too. My evidence is their behaviors in bad ends. It's material evidence vs feelings in this case.

Last edited:

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
Then with your logic, Hunter would have no problem fucking his family, but probably won't in canon? Though we never seen him do it, we KNOW that he would if given the chance. You not want to believe he wouldn't do it because it doesn't sit well with you personally is not a good reason to believe the characters wouldn't do what they are shown to do if given the chance.

As it stands, there's more evidence to show the characters would do their actions then wouldn't. Your only argument that they wouldn't is that you don't like the conclusions it would lead too. My evidence is their behaviors in bad ends. It's material evidence vs feelings in this case.
I can definitely see your side of the argument.

The trouble is- has WWG ever addressed what we're talking about here? That the characters' behaviors in the bad ends is how they would actually act if given the opportunity?

You are correct that my assertion is based more on feelings, but here's my rationale:

I want to believe that Sterling isn't the only thing separating these girls from throwing themselves at every dick that comes their way. Are we supposed to believe he's the only one preventing them from becoming cum dumpsters to whoever wants it (even dogs?)?

In the canon story, there is evidence that suggests Hunter would act a certain way if given the chance. The drugs, the webcams, his escapades with Drew, etc. However, in the canon story there isn't much evidence that the girls would act as I mentioned above (except for maybe Nora and Keira, but that's a different conversation). They all seem to be pretty satisfied with Sterling (and perhaps some occasional girl-on-girl action), and equally repulsed by Hunter & Kevin.

If WWG truly is telling us that all these women are helpless dick fiends, unable to control themselves at the sight of any penis, and Sterling is the only one preventing them from doing so, then perhaps my issue is more with WWG's writing, as that would reduce these women to stereotypical bimbos.

Reactions: GuidoSardenia

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
I can definitely see your side of the argument.

The trouble is- has WWG ever addressed what we're talking about here? That the characters' behaviors in the bad ends is how they would actually act if given the opportunity?

You are correct that my assertion is based more on feelings, but here's my rationale:

I want to believe that Sterling isn't the only thing separating these girls from throwing themselves at every dick that comes their way. Are we supposed to believe he's the only one preventing them from becoming cum dumpsters to whoever wants it (even dogs?)?

In the canon story, there is evidence that suggests Hunter would act a certain way if given the chance. The drugs, the webcams, his escapades with Drew, etc. However, in the canon story there isn't much evidence that the girls would act as I mentioned above (except for maybe Nora and Keira, but that's a different conversation). They all seem to be pretty satisfied with Sterling (and perhaps some occasional girl-on-girl action), and equally repulsed by Hunter & Kevin.

If WWG truly is telling us that all these women are helpless dick fiends, unable to control themselves at the sight of any penis, and Sterling is the only one preventing them from doing so, then perhaps my issue is more with WWG's writing, as that would reduce these women to stereotypical bimbos.
I'm not aware of WWG addressing this directly, and I doubt he will. Sometimes leaving certain things up to the audience to interpret for themselves is much more artistic and powerful. In other words, there's no right or wrong answer. That said, I do have my own opinions...

There are several recurring themes in the story, including the importance of being in the right place at the right time, and people being slaves to their own wants and needs. These concepts are fully understood by Hunter and he tries to use that knowledge to his advantage. He explains as much to Sterling during their conversation on the very first night, and it's hinted at by the very title of the game ("Power Vacuum").

It's a cynical and unromantic perspective, but there's some truth to the idea that people will eventually fall for each other if they have no better options. So the best strategy is to position yourself to be the one to fulfill someone's needs, financially, emotionally, and sexually, until they convince themselves that they love you. But it's not like the women don't love Sterling, and if given the choice they'd obviously pick him over the alternatives, but at the end of the day they're women with needs. If Sterling is not available to fulfill those needs, they will find someone else who can, it's just human nature.

I'm not quite sure how to reconcile the above with the scenarios where the women have already fallen for Sterling, and then they fall for his rivals while he's still around...

In the Kevin ending, I think we can "blame" the first sexual encounter on the wine and the gas, but the second encounter is more difficult to "excuse": Ophelia was in right mind but was overcome with lust after seeing Kevin's buff body and remembering the pleasure of their first encounter. Afterward, I think her intentions were to continue fucking both Kevin and Sterling, and I can't help but wonder how Sterling would've reacted to this.

In the Brenna/Drew/Hunter ending, and the Brenna/dogs ending, my impression is that Brenna would likely keep fucking Sterling while also continuing these other escapades in secret, unless she got to a point where she was no longer satisfied by Sterling.

But I may be reading too deep into things. It's also perfectly likely that the "canon" women would not do the things we see in the alternative endings, and that these endings exist for "shock value" (as mentioned earlier). It's all open to interpretation, and honestly I think I prefer it remain that way, rather than having WWG explain it too much.

Dec 7, 2017
Thanks Dev for continuing this awesome game, glad I started supporting you early last year.

The anims are great. No zoom in - zoom out, side moving focus to simulate movement, those are crap. Just great.
The ladies are gorgeous, awesome.

So, due to borked save i had to replay ch 9 and 10 again, no probs, but helps refresh the story line.

So after Ch 10 finished, interesting questions rose up for me. Lets use the IC patch for easy ID.
So the MC's mom has confessed that her hubby preferred anal to V sex. Turns out he is Drew's bottom, so gay (not that that is a bad thing).
So, is it possible that neither of the mom's 3 children are from the father.
Also, the mom stoutly refuses V sex with the son, preferring anal. So is she a V?
Where the children adopted?

So interesting times ahead. And plse do not use spoilers.

Cheers all.

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
I'm not aware of WWG addressing this directly, and I doubt he will. Sometimes leaving certain things up to the audience to interpret for themselves is much more artistic and powerful. In other words, there's no right or wrong answer. That said, I do have my own opinions...

There are several recurring themes in the story, including the importance of being in the right place at the right time, and people being slaves to their own wants and needs. These concepts are fully understood by Hunter and he tries to use that knowledge to his advantage. He explains as much to Sterling during their conversation on the very first night, and it's hinted at by the very title of the game ("Power Vacuum").

It's a cynical and unromantic perspective, but there's some truth to the idea that people will eventually fall for each other if they have no better options. So the best strategy is to position yourself to be the one to fulfill someone's needs, financially, emotionally, and sexually, until they convince themselves that they love you. But it's not like the women don't love Sterling, and if given the choice they'd obviously pick him over the alternatives, but at the end of the day they're women with needs. If Sterling is not available to fulfill those needs, they will find someone else who can, it's just human nature.

I'm not quite sure how to reconcile the above with the scenarios where the women have already fallen for Sterling, and then they fall for his rivals while he's still around...

In the Kevin ending, I think we can "blame" the first sexual encounter on the wine and the gas, but the second encounter is more difficult to "excuse": Ophelia was in right mind but was overcome with lust after seeing Kevin's buff body and remembering the pleasure of their first encounter. Afterward, I think her intentions were to continue fucking both Kevin and Sterling, and I can't help but wonder how Sterling would've reacted to this.

In the Brenna/Drew/Hunter ending, and the Brenna/dogs ending, my impression is that Brenna would likely keep fucking Sterling while also continuing these other escapades in secret, unless she got to a point where she was no longer satisfied by Sterling.

But I may be reading too deep into things. It's also perfectly likely that the "canon" women would not do the things we see in the alternative endings, and that these endings exist for "shock value" (as mentioned earlier). It's all open to interpretation, and honestly I think I prefer it remain that way, rather than having WWG explain it too much.
Fair points. I still say that this view of things paints the girls as untrustworthy whores. If all it takes is Sterling missing one opportunity for them to drop him and fuck the next guy in line, then how could they ever be trusted to remain loyal?

Believing that character actions in non-canon ends are accurate representations of what the canon characters would do is essentially saying this:
At over a dozen points since Sterling started sexual relationships with all the women, they would have cheated on him with the first guy they came across had he not intervened.

Personally I think the most coherent view is that, while yes we may be able to glean some scant info (particularly regarding Hunter and past events), for the most part the "bad ends" are for shock value and don't necessarily represent the girls' personalities/desires. After all, they DO NOT happen. Why would they need to represent reality? If anything their personalities/desires are probably more skewed to appeal to the NTR lovers in those endings. "Not only is your girl cheating on you with another man, she LOVES it." That sort of thing. (FWIW, I know that some of that "loving it" came from the changes WWG had to make to please the Patreon overlords).

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
Thanks Dev for continuing this awesome game, glad I started supporting you early last year.

The anims are great. No zoom in - zoom out, side moving focus to simulate movement, those are crap. Just great.
The ladies are gorgeous, awesome.

So, due to borked save i had to replay ch 9 and 10 again, no probs, but helps refresh the story line.

So after Ch 10 finished, interesting questions rose up for me. Lets use the IC patch for easy ID.
So the MC's mom has confessed that her hubby preferred anal to V sex. Turns out he is Drew's bottom, so gay (not that that is a bad thing).
So, is it possible that neither of the mom's 3 children are from the father.
Also, the mom stoutly refuses V sex with the son, preferring anal. So is she a V?
Where the children adopted?

So interesting times ahead. And plse do not use spoilers.

Cheers all.
I'm pretty sure David was the biological father of all 3 of Ophelia's children. There are even comments from multiple characters about Sterling's resemblance to David. And at no point in the game was it ever suggested that Ophelia was unfaithful to David in the time they were together.

It now seems likely that David was gay/bi/whatever, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have fathered Ophelia's children.

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
Fair points. I still say that this view of things paints the girls as untrustworthy whores. If all it takes is Sterling missing one opportunity for them to drop him and fuck the next guy in line, then how could they ever be trusted to remain loyal?

Believing that character actions in non-canon ends are accurate representations of what the canon characters would do is essentially saying this:
At over a dozen points since Sterling started sexual relationships with all the women, they would have cheated on him with the first guy they came across had he not intervened.

Personally I think the most coherent view is that, while yes we may be able to glean some scant info (particularly regarding Hunter and past events), for the most part the "bad ends" are for shock value and don't necessarily represent the girls' personalities/desires. After all, they DO NOT happen. Why would they need to represent reality? If anything their personalities/desires are probably more skewed to appeal to the NTR lovers in those endings. "Not only is your girl cheating on you with another man, she LOVES it." That sort of thing. (FWIW, I know that some of that "loving it" came from the changes WWG had to make to please the Patreon overlords).
Because that's what the people who love ntr desperately want to believe. They abhor the idea of them being loyal and devoted to Sterling.

4.20 star(s) 369 Votes