Led

Jul 16, 2017
this game is so bugged - more unplayable - not even that all images are not found, if you add them by using previous version, the helper leads to crash, variables are not found and ... and ... and ....
DAMN - ok - i know it's called "Testing", but how to "test" a version which is not able to run at all? I mean wasn't there ANY tests before publishing?
Sidenote: started a new game from scratch (like i nearly always do)
Same here. I have no idea why it seems to be working for others to use the 0.7 version to add the missing pictures. The error screens won't go away. Also, some say paste the 0.7 files on top of the 0.8 files, others say it's the other way around. I tried copying the 0.8 files on top of the 0.7 files. I'm gonna try it the other way around and see if that does work. I'll report my findings, in a bit.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Same here. I have no idea why it seems to be working for others to use the 0.7 version to add the missing pictures. The error screens won't go away. Also, some say paste the 0.7 files on top of the 0.8 files, others say it's the other way around. I tried copying the 0.8 files on top of the 0.7 files. I'm gonna try it the other way around and see if that does work. I'll report my findings, in a bit.
Dev said he made it so you CAN'T just copy old version files onto CH8 test. it's meant to error out if you tried.

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Dev said he made it so you CAN'T just copy old version files onto CH8 test. it's meant to error out if you tried.
Yeah, that would make sense, too, but since some guys say "it's" working, I wonder what they meant. I think they're just running the 0.7 version. Not the 0.8 version. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. :D

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
the time to content ratio still works out to be the same (note, i didn't do any math on that).

it took longer, but we got a lot more content. the time between updates is fine with what we got. making it shorter just means we go back to the same amount of content we had before. if you're asking for the amount we got this update, but want it in the timespan of older updates, that's not happening lol.

Maestro91

Aug 2, 2017
Yeah, that would make sense, too, but since some guys say "it's" working, I wonder what they meant. I think they're just running the 0.7 version. Not the 0.8 version. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. :D
You're not supposed to overwrite anything.
The test 0.8 version is it's own folder and when playing has only the newest renders. I still can't comprehend why people leak the test version when the full release comes out usually the next day.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Great update, and for those of you that don't play all the scenes like the hilarious bad endings.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
So the full version is out tomorrow? Cool. It's always funny to see this place explode when a test build is put out, though deleting the old build is a new one I think.

4.20 star(s) 369 Votes