reaver34

Sep 23, 2018
I get your dislike of Hunter, but that's by design. He's needs to be a ghoul or we start rooting for the drugger.
yeah i kind of understand the idea, however i'm not fucked up enough to fap while this lich is looking at me :D

guess i'll pass for now and in time of NTR drought i'll give it a go.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
yeah i kind of understand the idea, however i'm not fucked up enough to fap while this lich is looking at me :D

guess i'll pass for now and in time of NTR drought i'll give it a go.
I don't think NTR will ever not be a thing.

Though we are getting a new NTR antagonist soon. Drew. He is being introduced this coming update and is confirmed to be doing NTR. not sure if doing NTR this update or just introduction. either way, we might have some one young and handsome.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Just curious, I'm not super "in-the-loop" on things like MMO's (for reasons better left undebated) or, frankly, most modern commercial PC games. I thought "DLC" meant "download content."
So like... wtf does that even mean for a game that's only available by download to begin with?
Wouldn't that mean that all of these AVN's we download from Patreons and the like are entirely DLC?
It's not like you bought Power Vaccum on disc and then downloaded extras for it.
Are we just using that term to mean "bonus material" now? Does it even matter if it's downloaded? Could I make a game that's available free online, then sell CD's with bonus content and call that "DLC," because it's "bonus stuff?"
Oh, and I hate all the NTR content in the game. But to be fair, I see most of the game as NTR, because I chose Hunter at the player select screen.
BWA HA HA HA HA!!! VIVA LE DIO DEL SESSO!
(Just so we're all clear: I'm joking. I love the game, and I don't mind the non-canon content, because it's hilarious.)

Last edited:

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
I don't think NTR will ever not be a thing.

Though we are getting a new NTR antagonist soon. Drew. He is being introduced this coming update and is confirmed to be doing NTR. not sure if doing NTR this update or just introduction. either way, we might have some one young and handsome.
Thank the gods we can ignore his bullshit if we have NTR turned off.

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
I really liked this game, so I decided to make this guide based on the variables found in the game scripts.

Guide edition:
The game itself has a system that tells you what objective has been met, however with my guide I seek to help people identify what actions you must complete to execute certain variables and continue with the story.
Initially, I named the file "Walkthrough", however, it was my mistake to call it that, because with this I was not trying to tell the community how to play but to help them identify the variables and in which scripts to get them.
Sorry if that seems complex to some people, but that's my way of breaking down the game.

Updated on 08/15/2020 03:00 EST
Tutorial V0.6
updated version?

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
updated version?
This "guide" doesn't need to be updated, except maybe a line it's now obsolete. There is absolutely no reason for it. Just play the game. If you're stuck somewhere, just tell us here and we'll tell our grandchildren of this very unlikely event.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: msleomac

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I hope some hero to combin the what if scenes into the main game. :love:
I did that for my own copy lol. the problem is, it's not worth doing it. every update you have to manually edit it because codes and scripts will break it. so it's too much trouble. then if you try and do every what if? to come out, forget it lol.

• Angry
Reactions: Warhawk1

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
It also makes me wonder what the overall demographic for his patron is in NTR/Non-NTR fans.
From what I've seen, most of the time those who are against NTR abandon / will never pledge once a dev decides to feature NTR and then they get flooded by ntr fans. But PV is such a weird game in that it appeases the harem fans by including a switch and completely gutting what little NTR there is... so much so that I expected the anti-NTR playerbase to be larger....

Just one of those things that make you go, "Hmm.."
This is very true, why pledge a cent to game with NTR and piss away money on something they I don't like only to be outvoted by those who do like it. The problem with that is then the dev thinks that what's the audience wants, meanwhile he's really lost most of his support because they are chased off by the bad stuff*

*can be any kink you don't like.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
It's not part of the main game. it's a separate download altogether. Patreon highest tiers suggest what the dev should do for a bonus. Then we vote which one should get made. This time, a NTR event from CH4 to get extended won.

That's pretty much What Ifs are going to be.
I got a great idea for a What If....

What If the dev focussed on the game and main story instead of silly side stories and bonuses. (and I don't care if they're vanilla, ntr or just absurd... focus on the damn main game dude)

ghjghjghj

Dec 10, 2018
It's not part of the main game. it's a separate download altogether. Patreon highest tiers suggest what the dev should do for a bonus. Then we vote which one should get made. This time, a NTR event from CH4 to get extended won.

That's pretty much What Ifs are going to be.
Probably worth pointing it out in the main post - both what What Ifs are in general, and the content in this one specifically. People have a hard time restraining their curiosity once it's too easy to go a little further and they've already got a sunk cost (like they just downloaded the thing, and now the single screen describing the content is gone after a mere click). VNs also have the whole self-insert thing going on with them super hard, so it can be a bit harder to forget you've seen something and a bit easier to take it too seriously.

May as well give a bit of a heads up. It'll save people from themselves and save us all from them.

... And don't ask me how I know that exact sequence of events described above.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Probably worth pointing it out in the main post - both what What Ifs are in general, and the content in this one specifically. People have a hard time restraining their curiosity once it's too easy to go a little further and they've already got a sunk cost (like they just downloaded the thing, and now the single screen describing the content is gone after a mere click). VNs also have the whole self-insert thing going on with them super hard, so it can be a bit harder to forget you've seen something and a bit easier to take it too seriously.

May as well give a bit of a heads up. It'll save people from themselves and save us all from them.

... And don't ask me how I know that exact sequence of events described above.
Sory to hear that last, yeah that was why I hoped the what if would get their own thread and keep it away from the main game threads as far as possible. The pages of discussion also confirm that would have been wiser. Considering the dislike of Hunter of non-NTR fans, well it is not just his looks.

You know I would wish guys like him even if rich and young and good looking would die a virgin and would not be allowed within 100 meters of any female. Since no female (or male in gay situations) turns out better after having been in contact with one of those abusive asshole guys and it is the rest of us that have to deal with the fallout of that. Seen it too often last 50 years and is one reason I do dislike NTR personally and especially when concerns female family members in a story.

Reactions: The ArcKnight
4.20 star(s) 369 Votes