ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
I was kind of disappointed in this. From the hype that I had seen about this "What if" scenario, I thought is was going to be better than it was. Maybe I am getting burt out on these types of games...

Reactions: misunderstoodcookie
Aug 12, 2020
View attachment 1284990

Overview:
Take the reins of Sterling, a nineteen year old male who has just returned home after a four year absence. The impetus for his return? The untimely death of a patriarch. But what should have been a somber moment of reflection is hijacked by the revelation that another entity is aiming to fill the role of patriarch. Do you protect the ones you love or do you roll over and let his conquest flourish?

DISCLAIMER:
This content contains NTR.
There is an NTR switch that removes all NTR from the game.

Thread Updated: 2021-08-31
Release Date: 2021-08-27
Developer: What? Why? Games
Censored: No
Version: Ch. 8 What if DLC
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:
DOWNLOAD
What if
Win/Linux
:
MEGA - - -

Chapter 8
Win/Linux: MEGA - - -
Mac (0.7): - MEGA -
Android (0.7): - MEGA -

Others: Compressed* - - ANDROID

Patches:
Extras: Fan Sigs - Unofficial Points Guide

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.
Thanks Mihai for the share

View attachment 1284994 View attachment 1284998 View attachment 1284996 View attachment 1190152 View attachment 967737 View attachment 665083 View attachment 1190153 View attachment 1190154 View attachment 967738 View attachment 665073 View attachment 1190151 View attachment 967740 View attachment 967739 View attachment 665074 View attachment 665091 View attachment 665080 View attachment 665075 View attachment 665086
Delicious alternative route. I hope to see, in the future, similar alternative with all the main female characters. The NTR option, with someone like Hunter, rather than being shocking, it's hilarious and funny. Tks a lot. Lol.

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
it's a "what if" continuation of an NTR bad end. It's not a full story, just a continuation of a scene already in the game. The "what if"s are a new bonus for patrons above a certain level. they vote each month for what scene from the game they want continued. This month it was
Next month it could be a vanilla scene or another NTR one depending on how the vote goes
So, People voted for the ntr scene to win in poll? Wow.. For a non-canon ntr game, audience are becoming more and more *ntr*ish.. *silent claps*

Edit: Sorry people. Came to know it's dev work as he only given ntr/mmf options in poll.

• Sad
Reactions: The ArcKnight

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Also, if this is the NTR Bad End / stand alone update, shouldn't it get its own thread as its a non canonical sub-story?
Much like the V.I.R.T.U.E.S. What if?

Reactions: harsha_26

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Top 3. There was a few vanilla suggestions, but out of 25 comments i think 4 were vanilla.
Wooooow....

I am assuming the comments were open to the $20 Tier and then there was a poll made out of said comments.
If that is the case, seems WW Game's biggest patrons are big NTR fans. Which just astounds me for a game with no canonical NTR, it would be like me throwing money at a harem game that only had MC getting laid by the girls in his fantasies.

It also makes me wonder what the overall demographic for his patron is in NTR/Non-NTR fans.
From what I've seen, most of the time those who are against NTR abandon / will never pledge once a dev decides to feature NTR and then they get flooded by ntr fans. But PV is such a weird game in that it appeases the harem fans by including a switch and completely gutting what little NTR there is... so much so that I expected the anti-NTR playerbase to be larger....

Just one of those things that make you go, "Hmm.."

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018
So, People voted for the ntr scene to win in poll? Wow.. For a non-canon ntr game, audience are becoming more and more *ntr*ish.. *silent claps*

Edit: Sorry people. Came to know it's dev work as he only given ntr/mmf options in poll.
Wrong... Any of the 20$ patrons could suggest any type of content unless it was going to be future content. 90% of it was ntr and most ntr suggestions were heavily favoured over the few vanilla choices. stop trying to spread misinformation. out of 25 suggestions only 3 were vanilla.

Screenshot_36.png Screenshot_37.png Screenshot_38.png

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
This is not DLC... The dev never said it was DLC or an expansion. It's a standalone AT BEST. this was purely made as an extra bonus to give the $20 tier.

uninformed comments. love it.
Page one:
"Version: Ch. 8 What if DLC"

It doesn't seem like the dev updated the post, but you can see how people think it's a DLC. Which makes it misinformed, not uninformed.

moondrake

Aug 27, 2021
I really liked this game, so I decided to make this guide based on the variables found in the game scripts.

Guide edition:
The game itself has a system that tells you what objective has been met, however with my guide I seek to help people identify what actions you must complete to execute certain variables and continue with the story.
Initially, I named the file "Walkthrough", however, it was my mistake to call it that, because with this I was not trying to tell the community how to play but to help them identify the variables and in which scripts to get them.
Sorry if that seems complex to some people, but that's my way of breaking down the game.

Updated on 08/15/2020 03:00 EST
Tutorial V0.6
It has in all likelihood been asked before; but is this guide to the game going to be updated? It has been ever so helpful in reducing the grindage necessary to advance the plot.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017

Page one:
"Version: Ch. 8 What if DLC"

It doesn't seem like the dev updated the post, but you can see how people think it's a DLC. Which makes it misinformed, not uninformed.
you're still uninformed when given false information...

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
you're still uninformed when given false information...
Yes, but you're not necessarily misinformed when uninformed, which is the problem here. You can't expect people to be informed when misinformed.
EDIT: I was too quick in my earlier reply for a 5:23AM brain.

Last edited:

reaver34

Sep 23, 2018
are we still getting ntred by a ghoul or has the author changed the model?

havent tried the game in a few month and prince Philip was freaking me out big time.

Reactions: The ArcKnight

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
It has in all likelihood been asked before; but is this guide to the game going to be updated? It has been ever so helpful in reducing the grindage necessary to advance the plot.
No, because there's no grind in the game. What little grind there was in the beginning has been removed, and in later chapters, it just flows forward.

TGafy

May 14, 2020
are we still getting ntred by a ghoul or has the author changed the model?

havent tried the game in a few month and prince Philip was freaking me out big time.
I get your dislike of Hunter, but that's by design. He's needs to be a ghoul or we start rooting for the drugger.

4.20 star(s) 369 Votes