Valorious80

Mar 18, 2019
You're way off lol. This is more of a 4 to 5 months between update right now. Maybe earlier in the games life it was closer to 2-3. It's been a while so I can't remember the 2 year ago schedule, but it's never been a once a month game.
Used be 2 and sometimes 3 months, it fit in between everyone elses release window

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
That's what i said in the post you quoted lol.

Very interesting idea! Curious, why would the tribe "make Brenna forcefully marry Hunter"...?
If I have to "guess", maybe in a way, Hunter have some items that they want/need? Or like something normal, how he have a lighter, and the tribe think that he is some "higher beings"? Or something?
In my mind, I imagined the tribe might have looked something like Hunter, so they allowed him to be one of them. I didn't add a reason why, to see what WWG would spin it with.

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
Has WWG said anything about the amount of time he spends on the What Ifs? I really appreciate the montly releases but how much delay does that cause for the main game?

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
No, he hasn't. I imagine it's not that much time. He doesn't know for sure which one he's making until the 21st and the what ifs release before the end of the month. 2 of them releasing on the 28th and the other on the 26th. So at most he's putting in a week. We don't know if he's even doing the What if the entire time or a little of the main game and what if at the same time.

Either way, the what ifs aren't taking very much time away from the main games development.

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
No, he hasn't. I imagine it's not that much time. He doesn't know for sure which one he's making until the 21st and the what ifs release before the end of the month. 2 of them releasing on the 28th and the other on the 26th. So at most he's putting in a week. We don't know if he's even doing the What if the entire time or a little of the main game and what if at the same time.

Either way, the what ifs aren't taking very much time away from the main games development.
I suppose. I was working off the one week theory and if that holds up then since every chapter takes >4 months then it is adding a month at minimum.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
I was working off the one week theory and if that holds up then since every chapter takes >4 months then it is adding a month at minimum.
That would be true if the work method was constant. But we're dealing with script and rendering. During the start of the process, there's no need to render since there's no script yet, so he can write and code while he renders the What If. As long as he's still working on the script and setting everything up, Daz isn't doing a thing. It's like when a triple A game adds cosmetics close to launch of a game. The Graphics department doesn't have anything to do anymore since all that's left is coding and fixing bugs, which they can't contribute to. So, while yes, it might delay the update, it's not on a week for week basis, more like half the time (and since WWG always releases on the end of the month, what's the difference if he finishes it the start of the month or at the end, since it'll be released at the same time anyway).

BaeScout83

Nov 10, 2018
I've cooked up a little something for while we wait for "What If...? volume 4" to be released. :sneaky:

After much testing and tweaking I've made a 2nd revision, where I combine all 3 currently released "What if...?" stand-alone games into a fan-repacked DLC-pack that integrate into the main game. About 8 people and I have already tested it thoroughly, so it should be bug-free. :censored:

Just remember to read the Readme.txt!

When you download it, please react to this post with (party-hat emoji), so I can see how widespread the interest is. MEGA doesn't display any stats for me.

TrueJackal

Jul 7, 2020
You're way off lol. This is more of a 4 to 5 months between update right now. Maybe earlier in the games life it was closer to 2-3. It's been a while so I can't remember the 2 year ago schedule, but it's never been a once a month game.
So March-April is when we can expect the next update?

beegemgeege

May 10, 2017

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Hold up, did you name the images?! Cause thats freakin hilarious #CanYouBelieveDartredWonBoth
Nope, that's what they are actually called lol

he always has a message in all the teasers file names.

edit: some examples 1640145351364.png 1640145359342.png 1640145364486.png

treasure hunt 2 begins is homage to last chapters teasers. He led us on a treasure hunt through the file names. I'm still not 100% sure if he was trolling us or there was an actual easter egg / treasure to be found.

4.20 star(s) 369 Votes