Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
what if's started middle of chapter 9, you're correct there, it started somewhere near august... no questions there, majority ppl are just confused here abt his off-time, when does he take his time off, is it weekends or something or after 5-7 pm on weekdays?... I think they're asking that.. so no one knows that; if anyone can clarify what is this off-time, these questions or doubts won't arise again, as everyone will be in sync
What difference does the specific hours make, when you work for yourself it's important to make a firm commitment that x number of hours per day be devoted to the project, both the give fair value to the patrons and save yourself from burning out by working all the hours of the day (and a project like this will suck the life out of you if you're not careful).

The fact that he is continuing to work on similar projects in his downtime is a little worrying, to best protect himself from burnout it should be something different, but at least he is under no obligation to do the "What if's" so he can walk away from it when he feels stressed.

ScareKing

May 27, 2017
How often is this argument going to be recycled? can't we make this a sticky or something. Put it up on the OP next to the changelog maybe?
Always same thing, people complain just because they dont like something, last time thread got lock, i think that argument will be recycled untill the thread got perma lock.

Reactions: sava75

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
I really enjoyed most of the "What If"s. But since there seems to be a rule that limits their content, I think it would be better to step forward with the story in order to allow more content in them.

Reactions: Minx077

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
and it's been shown that every chapter gets longer then the last and has more animations too. The what ifs were never the problem. I'm going to take the devs word on him doing what ifs on his off time, over someone's assumption.

Just look at this post where I've already done the homework. You'll see why it's taken longer each update to release. Also, the increase in time started before what ifs. So clearly what ifs were never to blame.

https://f95zone.to/threads/power-vacuum-ch-9-what-if-vol-1-6-what-why-games.36240/post-7648374

borrowing Baescouts homework here.

v0.1 released at 05/09/2019 (2mo 10d - 2mo 25d)
v0.2 released at 23/10/2019 (1mo 18d)
v0.3 released at 02/01/2020 (2mo 10d)
v0.4 released at 01/03/2020 (1mo 28d)
v0.5 released at 21/05/2020 (2mo 20d)
v0.6 released at 14/08/2020 (2mo 24d)
v0.7 released at 28/12/2020 (4mo 14d)
v0.8 released at 11/05/2021 (4mo 13d)
v0.9 released at 31/10/2021 (5mo 20d)

what ifs started in the middle of CH 9. CH 7 and 8 had gotten 2 months longer production time before what ifs became a thing.

I'm posting all this so people don't see your misinforming post and take it as face value. Too many people blame what ifs for delaying the game, when they were never the fault to begin with.
Along with this timeline we should include word count, image count, and animation count for each update. And then maybe put it into a graph with the releases on the horizontal axis and the counts as bars on the vertical axis. Possibly calculate a productivity metric (content ÷ development time). Something we can post every time a moron or a troll complains. I might be willing to assist with this.

Alternatively the kids can stop outing themselves. For them, 6 months feels like a very long time to wait relative to their brief lives.

DD69-1

Engaged Member
Feb 28, 2019
What difference does the specific hours make, when you work for yourself it's important to make a firm commitment that x number of hours per day be devoted to the project, both the give fair value to the patrons and save yourself from burning out by working all the hours of the day (and a project like this will suck the life out of you if you're not careful).

The fact that he is continuing to work on similar projects in his downtime is a little worrying, to best protect himself from burnout it should be something different, but at least he is under no obligation to do the "What if's" so he can walk away from it when he feels stressed.
you're answering in terms of ethics of any developer of what should be done & what is done ideally in any scenario, you're answering in an ideal/perfect scenario without providing any evidence, that's why off-hours remains unanswered and will continue to be a black box & hence, people will keep asking about it, that's the point I was making... It's the devs' choice in the end to work or not, my question was solely on off-hours which isn't being addressed here (y)

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
you're answering in terms of ethics of any developer of what should be done & what is done ideally in any scenario, you're answering in an ideal/perfect scenario without providing any evidence, that's why off-hours remains unanswered and will continue to be a black box & hence, people will keep asking about it, that's the point I was making... It's the devs' choice in the end to work or not, my question was solely on off-hours which isn't being addressed here (y)
You missed my point that the specific hours worked isn't relevant, that understanding that time is allocated to "work" is a necessity, by definition hours outside of that time are off-hours, pretty simple.

Which brings me back to the question you didn't respond to. what difference does it make? are you looking for a specific schedule? you want a list of billable hours? I don't think any Developers offer this kind of information.

Reactions: sava75

DD69-1

Engaged Member
Feb 28, 2019
You missed my point that the specific hours worked isn't relevant, that understanding that time is allocated to "work" is a necessity, by definition hours outside of that time are off-hours, pretty simple.

Which brings me back to the question you didn't respond to. what difference does it make? are you looking for a specific schedule? you want a list of billable hours? I don't think any Developers offer this kind of information.
I never missed any of your points my dear, that's why I mentioned ethics in my answer please check again, you're speaking in general sense... yeah I know no developer will make that info public, but strangely he's saying that he's working on it off-hours, that's why I asked in my earlier post can someone define off-hours, the only one who can answer is dev himself, you're pretty simple answer here is not so simple I'm afraid because no developer works off-hours, they work towards a project & deadline, since you're shooting in the dark & giving best case scenario answers.. let's say I'm working 4 hours today... my off-hours will be 2-3 hours after my 4 working hours [if I'm feeling like it/depends on mood] or I work 6 hours today, off-hours would be 1 hour.. you see here nothing is standardized that is why defining work & measuring that to off-hours doesn't hold value I'm afraid

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
....you're pretty simple answer here is not so simple I'm afraid because no developer works off-hours, they work towards a project & deadline, since you're shooting in the dark & giving best case scenario answers.. let's say I'm working 4 hours today... my off-hours will be 2-3 hours after my 4 working hours [if I'm feeling like it/depends on mood] or I work 6 hours today, off-hours would be 1 hour.. you see here nothing is standardized that is why defining work & measuring that to off-hours doesn't hold value I'm afraid
I was saying you need to define your hours, so it's not much different from a salaried job, your day job might be 8-5 Mon-Fri.
and you might say 6-9 Mon-fri and 8-5 Sat & Sun is designated to the game.

It has nothing to do with mood, you need to carve out time that is devoted to work, both to stop yourself slacking off AND stop you becoming a slave to the project.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not sure how clearer I can be, I already feel like I'm repeating myself too much, Hope this helps, because I'm out of ideas how to clarify it further.

Last edited:

DD69-1

Engaged Member
Feb 28, 2019
I was saying you need to define your hours, so it's not much different from a salaried job, your day job might be 8-5 Mon-Fri.
and you might say 6-9 Mon-fri and 8-5 Sat & Sun is designated to the game.

It has nothing to do with mood, you need to carve out time that is devoted to work, both to stop yourself slacking off AND stop you becoming a slave to the project.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not sure how clearer I can be, I already feel like I'm repeating myself too much, Hope this helps, because I'm out of ideas how to clarify it further.
dude again.. is that the working hours for the dev ? if it's not then why you're giving generic answers, I'm asking of the dev hours, you are blinding giving work hours of a salaried job hoping the dev too works the same way lol, are you alright ? your whole answer is based on assumption

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
dude again.. is that the working hours for the dev ? if it's not then why you're giving generic answers, I'm asking of the dev hours, you are blinding giving work hours of a salaried job hoping the dev too works the same way lol, are you alright ? your whole answer is based on assumption
What is confusing for you?? This is not a complicated concept, Are you trolling me?
  1. " is that the working hours for the dev ?"

Of course not, what I showed you something that is called "an example", something that demonstrates how an intelligent person might approach a project like this, Something that answers the question you have posted.
    --
  2. "if it's not then why you're giving generic answers,"

Of course it's a generic answer, you asked a generic question. " can someone define off-hours ".
    We already established that there are going to be any specifics", I already asked and you responded;
    ... yeah I know no developer will make that info public
    --
  3. " I'm asking of the dev hours "

see point 2.
    --
  4. " you are blinding giving work hours of a salaried job hoping the dev too works the same way lol "

We can be sure he works in a similiar way, because he has clearly defined hours for work and hours for off-time.

5. " your whole answer is based on assumption "
    The only assumption I've made was that you aren't a troll, certainly looking like I was wrong about that.
    --

Simple Fact
Working From home makes it difficult to switch between "work" and "relax" modes, clearly defining "Work" and "Relax" hours is important. If you work "when you feel like it" you run the risk of either slacking or overworking yourself (particularly when the trolls are out in force). You need to be able to look at the clock and tell yourself that your shift for the day is finished.

If that doesn't answer your question try rephrasing it rather than throwing disparaging comments.

DD69-1

Engaged Member
Feb 28, 2019
What is confusing for you?? This is not a complicated concept, Are you trolling me?
  1. " is that the working hours for the dev ?"

Of course not, what I showed you something that is called "an example", something that demonstrates how an intelligent person might approach a project like this, Something that answers the question you have posted.
    --
  2. "if it's not then why you're giving generic answers,"

Of course it's a generic answer, you asked a generic question. " can someone define off-hours ".
    We already established that there are going to be any specifics", I already asked and you responded;

--
  3. " I'm asking of the dev hours "

see point 2.
    --
  4. " you are blinding giving work hours of a salaried job hoping the dev too works the same way lol "

We can be sure he works in a similiar way, because he has clearly defined hours for work and hours for off-time.

5. " your whole answer is based on assumption "
    The only assumption I've made was that you aren't a troll, certainly looking like I was wrong about that.
    --

Simple Fact
Working From home makes it difficult to switch between "work" and "relax" modes, clearly defining "Work" and "Relax" hours is important. If you work "when you feel like it" you run the risk of either slacking or overworking yourself (particularly when the trolls are out in force). You need to be able to look at the clock and tell yourself that your shift for the day is finished.

If that doesn't answer your question try rephrasing it rather than throwing disparaging comments.
I'm not trolling you my dear, you're taking things at face value, you're expecting he works in a similar way without there being any proof of the same... you definitely have a certain image of the dev in your mind & you're answering the questions based on that, without knowing what his schedule is or even has one, I'm not sure why are you being defensive about it, if you certainly don't know his what his work hours are, how can you basically assume his off-hours, you're making up diagrams to explain me what work & off-hours is, don't you think I know what that means ? I had made a simple point in my first message to which you never answered which is ' you're answering in an ideal/perfect scenario without providing any evidence, what's the dev off-hours are remains unanswered and will continue to be a black box & hence, people will keep asking about it, that's the point I was making', the whole argument abt the dev here is that you assume he has standardized hours which he works daily & off-hrs followed later, when I asked do you know how much the dev works daily & off-hours time too.. again you have no answer for the same so you cam up with an ideal one, you can only say yeah he might be working, certainly he ain't getting his work hours & off-hrs mixed up... I'm not trolling you, if you feel that way I don't know what to say... you're just blindly defending someone & taking things at face value :giggle:

QuantumVNs

Jan 25, 2019
Nah Knight, I’m pretty invested in this micromanagement thread. Maybe WWG can provide an hourly breakdown and progress towards key deliverables. Let’s set up a Teams call to touch base, I’ll put a recurring meeting on everyone’s Outlook. Can someone write up an agenda? Nothing serious, just reviewing some of the priority items (progress towards next chapter, planned futa content, is Kevin’s megacock canonical, etc). We can always circle back follow up meeting a few days later.
Let’s keep it fun and informal, free pizza for those in the office!

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I'm not trolling you my dear, you're taking things at face value, you're expecting he works in a similar way without there being any proof of the same... you definitely have a certain image of the dev in your mind & you're answering the questions based on that, without knowing what his schedule is or even has one, I'm not sure why are you being defensive about it, if you certainly don't know his what his work hours are, how can you basically assume his off-hours, you're making up diagrams to explain me what work & off-hours is, don't you think I know what that means ? I had made a simple point in my first message to which you never answered which is ' you're answering in an ideal/perfect scenario without providing any evidence, what's the dev off-hours are remains unanswered and will continue to be a black box & hence, people will keep asking about it, that's the point I was making', the whole argument abt the dev here is that you assume he has standardized hours which he works daily & off-hrs followed later, when I asked do you know how much the dev works daily & off-hours time too.. again you have no answer for the same so you cam up with an ideal one, you can only say yeah he might be working, certainly he ain't getting his work hours & off-hrs mixed up... I'm not trolling you, if you feel that way I don't know what to say... you're just blindly defending someone & taking things at face value :giggle:
You need to stop your attempts at mind reading (and the condescending "my dears"). If you want to know whats on my mind I'm pretty active and open to discussion. As for the trolling I don't think you are a full time troll, but you are definitely throwing around more than a few dismissive/demeaning remarks. Not sure if that is you being obnoxious or obtuse, who knows maybe you just failed to get enough sleep.

I'm not defending anyone, I don't know this developer or how many hours he commits to this project, and frankly I don't care,
it is irrelevant. I don't pay for any of this content and even if I did from what I can see he produces it a reasonable quality at a reasonable pace, so whatever amount of time he commits to the project seems to be enough. (the time outside of these hours are off-time BTW :p)
(if you disagree, then you should take it up with him on his channel and/or withdraw your funding)

You posts seem to break down into 2 questions
  1. What is Off-time
  2. What is THIS Devs Off-time
We don't interrogate any other developers about how much time they commit to their projects so why are you so insistent we treat this one differently? and BTW right from my first post I asked
Which you ignored, so I asked again
  • Which brings me back to the question you didn't respond to. what difference does it make? are you looking for a specific schedule? you want a list of billable hours? I don't think any Developers offer this kind of information.
to which you finally answered
  • ... yeah I know no developer will make that info public, but strangely he's saying that he's working on it off-hours, ....

So we've established no developer lists their hours (we seem agreed on this) so your question can't be
2. What is THIS Devs Off-time?​
right?..because this would be unreasonable..right!!

So we are back at question 1. What is Off-Time, and so the endless loop continues.
So what have I assumed?? what have I taken at face value?

PS
Note how I use lists & indents they serve two valuable roles, one it helps breakup the text blocks so I have an easier time keeping my thoughts straight reducing the number of mistakes I make (yeah I know I still make a lot), and it helps highlight the things I want to draw attention to so that readers have an easier time following what I write.

There are several sentences in your posts that don't make sense, partly because you've probably overlooked some simple typos, also some logic leaps. maybe some translator issues?
what does
....I had made a simple point in my first message to which you never answered which is ' you're answering in an ideal/perfect scenario without providing any evidence, .....
You accuse me of not answering something that isn't a question,
you ask for "evidence" when I never made any claims (I gave you an example that answered the only valid question I could see in your post.)

If you still think you're point hasn't come across try using bullet points to highlight the important parts, and if you use paragraphs to break up the block it makes it harder for the eye to skip a line that might make you point clearer.

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018
Screenshot_13.png

Screenshot_14.png

DD69-1

Engaged Member
Feb 28, 2019
You need to stop your attempts at mind reading (and the condescending "my dears"). If you want to know whats on my mind I'm pretty active and open to discussion. As for the trolling I don't think you are a full time troll, but you are definitely throwing around more than a few dismissive/demeaning remarks. Not sure if that is you being obnoxious or obtuse, who knows maybe you just failed to get enough sleep.

I'm not defending anyone, I don't know this developer or how many hours he commits to this project, and frankly I don't care,
it is irrelevant. I don't pay for any of this content and even if I did from what I can see he produces it a reasonable quality at a reasonable pace, so whatever amount of time he commits to the project seems to be enough. (the time outside of these hours are off-time BTW :p)
(if you disagree, then you should take it up with him on his channel and/or withdraw your funding)

You posts seem to break down into 2 questions
  1. What is Off-time
  2. What is THIS Devs Off-time
We don't interrogate any other developers about how much time they commit to their projects so why are you so insistent we treat this one differently? and BTW right from my first post I asked
Which you ignored, so I asked again
to which you finally answered

So we've established no developer lists their hours (we seem agreed on this) so your question can't be
2. What is THIS Devs Off-time?​
right?..because this would be unreasonable..right!!

So we are back at question 1. What is Off-Time, and so the endless loop continues.
So what have I assumed?? what have I taken at face value?

PS
Note how I use lists & indents they serve two valuable roles, one it helps breakup the text blocks so I have an easier time keeping my thoughts straight reducing the number of mistakes I make (yeah I know I still make a lot), and it helps highlight the things I want to draw attention to so that readers have an easier time following what I write.

There are several sentences in your posts that don't make sense, partly because you've probably overlooked some simple typos, also some logic leaps. maybe some translator issues?
what does
You accuse me of not answering something that isn't a question,
you ask for "evidence" when I never made any claims (I gave you an example that answered the only valid question I could see in your post.)

If you still think you're point hasn't come across try using bullet points to highlight the important parts, and if you use paragraphs to break up the block it makes it harder for the eye to skip a line that might make you point clearer.
not really sure why I'm getting pounced here for asking a question, I was just asking time details [work time + off time hours details] for this dev, because he makes side content in those specified off hours... because no other dev, at least who I'm aware of has this off-hour thing, that's why I'm curious

Reactions: Tumblingjoint
4.20 star(s) 369 Votes