ScareKing

May 27, 2017
But it was a major Network so it's perfectly fine.
Besides being two people without any blood relationship, in games, its just a bunch of pixels who could become anything, even two people from the same family, to be honest, i think patreon and payment companies should explain that but thats probably never going to happen.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Patreon is just a shitty platform. There have been a lot of creators that have had issues with censorship on patreon.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
once CH 10 gets releases, it "should" be smooth sailings. He won't be asked to fix any past chapters and he will be careful how he words going forward. So something like this shouldn't happen again. Shame too, because the what ifs can't be as dark as some of us would have wanted them, but it's better then closing up shop.

Reactions: IAmTheMinotaur

Nick Black

Oct 22, 2019
once CH 10 gets releases, it "should" be smooth sailings. He won't be asked to fix any past chapters and he will be careful how he words going forward. So something like this shouldn't happen again. Shame too, because the what ifs can't be as dark as some of us would have wanted them, but it's better then closing up shop.
Maybe I'll say bullshit, but if the problem is born for what if, why WWG doesn't continue the main story on patreon, and use F95 to publish the what if series?

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Patreon wouldn't allow that. What ifs are a tier reward and it's not allowed to break the rules even if it's handed out outside of patreon.

also, how would he manage it? who would get to choose and vote for which what if is being created? If voting takes place here, we'll get interference from people who aren't pledged.

If voting takes place on patreon, then it goes back to the first part about not being allowed to hand it out if it would break rules.

WWG can't be associated with it in anyway, if it breaks rules.

Last edited:

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
I know its not the same but theres a couple of country who believes games/movies could make someone more violent, here in Brasil happens pretty often when they found the criminals also like to play games, i think those company its just overprotective, and who knows what you can or can not do in other countrys, i dont agree with those rules but i think that would be an excuse for them.
And the US is probably number 1 on the list of Countries with that mindset. it's what happens when our Law makers are old to remember when PONG first came out :ROFLMAO:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Patreon wouldn't allow that. What ifs are a tier reward and it's not allowed to break the rules even if it's handed out, outside of patreon.

also, how would be manage it? who would not get to choose and vote for which what if is being created? If voting takes place here, we'll get interference from people who aren't pledged.

If voting takes place on patreon, then it goes back to the first part about not being allowed to hand it out if it would break rules.

WWG can't be associated with it in anyway, if it breaks rules.
One solution could be, making the what if stuff exclusive to another platform like subscribestar. There are devs that release their games on patreon and uncensored versions of the same game on subscribestar and they don't seem to have any issues.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Yeah it's called The Bible.
And here I was thinking of making a whole list of books like Lolita and Flowers In the Attic. The Bible has everything!

Addendum:
I agree with dartred. In that line of reasoning: murder, illicit drug use, adultery, and grand theft auto often occur in all forms of entertainment media one can possibly consume. Illegal activities of all sorts are often compelling subject matter, and they are allowed to be sold and consumed in fiction. If one doesn't like those subjects, they don't buy those products, it's really that simple.

And it's not like WWG games and PV are mainstream production studios/games involved in high profile advertising campaigns. It's all make believe and part of a relatively obscure niche interest/market. Technically it is not even a matter of free speech either. One (WWG) is free to create such games/stories (in America at least), but when it comes to economic support that is a different subject. Ultimately, regardless of subject matter, these platforms (PayPal/Patreon) are companies that are free to do business with, and not do business with, whoever they wish, regardless of the content.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone was irked by WWG's success and reported the content just to illicit the "eye of censorship" from Patreon out of some jealousy or other ill-will. Hopefully it's just a paranoid thought, and ultimately it cannot be proven or disproven. Just speculation, but there are other Patreon supported games that include far more taboo, or more obviously taboo content than PV. As long as no one complains, those devs tend to do business unmolested. But once you get that eye on you then good luck.
Not to mention that a LOT of action movie heroes are technically illegally operating vigilantes and therefore murderers. Even John McClain was outside his jurisdiction. Dude killed what, like 8 people in one night? Hell, that's nothing. The Punisher is a straight-up serial killer. I root for him every time, but I can't argue that the dude has murdered more people than every real world serial killer combined, by the roomful.

Last edited:
Reactions: OmegaZero21

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Is not possible he give the what if to the supporters posting it in a exclusive channel in discord?

Nick Black

Oct 22, 2019
One solution could be, making the what if stuff exclusive to another platform like subscribestar. There are devs that release their games on patreon and uncensored versions of the same game on subscribestar and they don't seem to have any issues.
For some time I have been practicing with DAZ and RPG maker because I too would like to start creating content that can also be shared on F95, and maybe make it more of a hobby, but honestly, seeing the work of WWG, which risked losing out due to an update of the patreon rules, it made me pass inspiration xD

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
For some time I have been practicing with DAZ and RPG maker because I too would like to start creating content that can also be shared on F95, and maybe make it more of a hobby, but honestly, seeing the work of WWG, which risked losing out due to an update of the patreon rules, it made me pass inspiration xD
I mean you can avoid patreon completely and have your game on other platforms like subscribestar. I think for people that are starting right now, subscribestar is probably the best option because, at least for now they aren't censoring anyone.

Reactions: DBOO and Nick Black

snowman97

Oct 5, 2019
Do we have a release date for Ch. 10? I know that it has been pushed due to patreon guidelines, I just don't know if the dev has given any update recently.

4.20 star(s) 369 Votes