What? Why? Games

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
A lot of the sourness was when WWG showed the first ever vag sex scenbe with Brenna and Hunter as a gift to the NTR whales (who dominate the top tier and make it pointless to pledge and vote for anything non-NTR, been there and done that until it was obviouslly a lost cause).
I don't "gift" anything in Power Vacuum. Almost every big moment has been outlined for years. The game follows an incredibly obvious trend with Hunter...he gets the girls first! He has since Chapter 2.

But more importantly:

The main game contains avoidable, non-canonical NTR content.

The 'What If...' minigames often contain unavoidable NTR and are clearly labeled.

Both are fantasy and don't affect the main story.

If this offends you, please vacate the thread or refrain from arguing about it. Reports welcome.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I want to add to that^ The Brenna scene came WAY before What ifs were a thing. So he had no way of knowing his top patreons were even mostly NTR fans. He never did any thing that could gauge that. That was made because the story went that way, not because he did it to make any side happy.

What? Why? Games

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
:HideThePain:Well at least you finally admitted it.
I've been upfront about Hunter being ahead:

And being mad that the antagonist is further along than the MC also overlooks a basic element of NTR. Jealousy. You want the NTR to be as potent as possible, so it's another reason to have Hunter be a step ahead of the MC. The NTR fans enjoy the stronger scenes and the vanilla fans are unaffected because they don't watch the bad endings.

What I wasn't prepared for is vanilla players who get riled up at the thought of content they don't experience being slightly more advanced.
Hey, look at that! A post that perfectly applies here!

E_nigma

Jan 20, 2019
Well more referring to the ntr game being the game you actually wanted to make so you baited people in with the normal content which is why it's taken 9 chapters to get any meat on the bones with the main girls. Fair enough tho, hopefully the next one doesn't try and satisfy such diametrically opposed groups of fans. Don't think I've ever seen that post, one of things that in retrospect seems a bit silly but at the time I suppose fair enough you didn't expect backlash

Ghostboy031

Jan 2, 2019
I don't "gift" anything in Power Vacuum. Almost every big moment has been outlined for years. The game follows an incredibly obvious trend with Hunter...he gets the girls first! He has since Chapter 2.

But more importantly:
It always amazes me when people come in after playing the latest few updates and go "ewwww NTR I'm out" when it has always been there from the start as a punishment. Also there's a switch to turn it off so if you are seeing it I've got some news for you mate

E_nigma

Jan 20, 2019
I'd fall for that kind of bait a lot easier without that signature.

It's like trying to take someone's opinion on rap seriously through their Klan hood.
What bait? I said fair enough, it is what it is at this point and any feeling of bait and switch or betrayal or whatever is just sunken cost at this point. I'm sure the game will get better as 10 was a marked improvement over the previous 9 but that one dark mark really put an exclamation point on all the issues I had with the rest of it, especially considering its proximity to what many might call an ideal game. This is the internet, not everyone's gonna be a dart.

The quote didn't load on my phone, but eh whatever. I said what I wanted to say. Don't see how the signature could be bait, it wasn't entirely hyperbolic

Last edited:
Reactions: testo2

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
What bait? I said fair enough, it is what it is at this pint and any feeling of bait and switch or betrayal or whatever is just sunken cost at this point. I'm sure the game will get better as 10 was a marked improvement over the previous 9 but that one dark mark really put an exclamation point on all the issues I had with the rest of it, especially considering its proximity to what many might call an ideal game. This is the internet, not everyone's gonna be a dart.
And not everyone is like you or Ozygator. I can't imagine this board if it was filled with people like you two, instead of people like me who are helpful to anyone who needs it. No matter how many hundreds of times the same question gets asked, i'm still answering them.

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
It should come as no surprise that Hunter tends to get there first when you think about it. He uses anything and everything he can to achieve his goals. It's not like Sterling never gets there, he just is going about it the right way in comparison.

At the end of the day each update gives a lot of content to be enjoyed. If you don't like that some optional content you have the option not to see it.

Just appreciate the game for what it is or find something else to spend your time on.

ScareKing

May 27, 2017
You do realize how backward this comment is right? Why would anyone who doesn't love NTR at this point in development, or after the dev gave first vag sex animations to the NTR protagonist for the two PRIMARY female characters from Chapter 8 (Brenna) and now with Chapter 10 (Ophelia after 2.5-3 years in development), want to support the game at the highest level? Hell I was a contributor at the higher levels until it became clear that the dev catered to the NTR group after Chapter 8. When Brenna had the first ever rendered vag sex scene given to Hunter I dropped the game like a rock and left the discord.

I highly doubt others didn't do the same thing. Sure, when the female characters finally had anal sex (officially) and vag sex (unofficially) I am sure some jumped on board, but it pretty much showed the dev didn't really GAD about those who were following the 'supposedly true story of the game and how others saw the characters. I have more to say on this topic when I write my review, but let's just say that I was not at all surprised that WWG gave all sex options, including first ever vag sex for Ophelia first for the NTR patrons specifically, as that was the clear direction this game was headed 2 updates ago.

You say that Hunter was the reason some paid for the game, well Hunter and the dev giving Hunter all the ''goodies' is also the reason a lot of people stopped supporting, or never supported the game. Compare this game, the length of time its out, the releases it's had, etc, against games that did not follow that path and see which ended up where along the way. I would say to look at games that officially included NTR and those who never had NTR both, since both genre's have done well, but this bastard mix lilely pissed off both camps along the way, with more dev time going toward the NTR group because they were the first major contributors and successfully had the dev expand the scenes along the way, but still too much, or not enough content for both groups most likely.

WWG as a dev has proven they cater to the NTR crowd in any number of ways, and I for one would never support them again because even if they 'claim' their next game will not have NTR as a focus, they will likely do the same tactic they have done here, or find some other way to include it. They almost have to at this point, because they have already proven they carer to that crowd, the NTR group is firmly ensconced in Discord and the dev (per Discord) likes NTR as a fetish and topic anyway.
Do you read the whole discussion or just that? The whole discussion was about NTR What Ifs, you can cry about this game being NTR focused as much as you want but to say that 10% of NTR scenes are the focus, i dont think you are stupid to believe that, sounds like you just mad because dev did what hes always did and not what you want, and whoever turn NTR off not even know what Hunter did or did not, your whole point makes no sense at all.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018

But more importantly:
I've tried recommending this game to a couple of people who hate NTR, just because of the unique way that NTR is handled in this game. Don't want even the risk of it to ever occur at all? No problem. Just turn it off at the very beginning of the game and then you're golden. That and of course don't touch the "What If..."s, none of which are canon anyway. Even with the NTR scenes turned on in the main game, they still aren't canon. The game even saves you the trouble of rolling back or reloading after (if) you see them :LOL:.

Now I think I can understand why some people strongly dislike NTR even when it's avoidable. Because I can see still being bothered by knowing that the LI even has it in her to cheat under the right circumstances. But even so, look at the way that it's done in this game. The NTR only ever happens because Hunter gets them so hopped up on sex drugs that their minds break. Which makes sense to me, because I mean how else is he realistically supposed to get them? Look at the guy lol!

NTR is not even a big kink of mine, but I still actually aim for them in this game because I find them so hilarious. If Hunter was some ruggedly handsome dilf or something then that would give the NTR scenes a completely different tone, would likely destroy any comedic value that they have, and I doubt I'd care to even see them at all. But with the way that Hunter looks, this game may as well have the "monster" tag added to it. He's essentially a cave troll, let's be real :ROFLMAO:

Nothing's going to please everyone. But I'm actually into the "monster" kink somewhat (don't kink-shame me... actually go ahead if you want to, I don't give a shit :LOL:) and this game saves me the trouble of having to do a separate "NTR playthrough" or anything. So for me personally, that aspect of it just ended up working.

"Let's see the didn't-actually-happen NTR scene. Have a laugh. Fap to the hot chicks enjoying getting fucked by the troll. Okay now back to the real game/story. Have a laugh. Fap to the hot chicks enjoying getting fucked by the MC and each other. See the next didn't-actually-happen NTR scene. Repeat."

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
I said fair enough, it is what it is at this point and any feeling of bait and switch or betrayal or whatever is just sunken cost at this point.
What bait and switch? The flow of the game has been consistent since day one. Hunter is always ahead of the MC in the bad endings since the start. If things had been different and Hunter suddenly made his move after a few chapters, I'd agree, but Hunter's motives were clear from the start.

DD69-1

Engaged Member
Feb 28, 2019
this update Sterling got 4 anal scenes [doggy, cowgirl] with Ophelia + 1 BJ, Hunter topped all of that in one huge scene
in 1 bad ending of Ophelia's, Hunter got a BJ, titfuck, vaginal sex - missionary, reverse cowgirl, doggy, missionary+creampie
:KEK:
Hunter got 10% of the animations in an update? Oh no, Sterling isn't the focus anymore!
so Hunter gets the chicks first... ok :)
lol but anyone saying the 10% scene is small in anyway is high af, I mean look at the sex scene distribution lol... and layering it like a cake saying it's just one scene & it never happened :KEK: come on... just see the scene distribution and say it for what it truly is, don't spin it :p
the patreon report on what if's too [I don't play what ifs...] but it was evident that the whales are in highest tier make it impossible for the other content to drop in

DD69-1

Engaged Member
Feb 28, 2019
WWG as a dev has proven they cater to the NTR crowd in any number of ways, and I for one would never support them again because even if they 'claim' their next game will not have NTR as a focus, they will likely do the same tactic they have done here, or find some other way to include it. They almost have to at this point, because they have already proven they carer to that crowd, the NTR group is firmly ensconced in Discord and the dev (per Discord) likes NTR as a fetish and topic anyway.
I don't know about this, but dartred has confirmed it with the dev, and also posted a screenshot here in this thread, saying that there won't be NTR in the next game, since there are no males except MC

Last edited:
Reactions: lxh123

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
so Hunter gets the chicks first... ok :)
lol but anyone saying the 10% scene is small in anyway is high af, I mean look at the sex scene distribution lol... and layering it like a cake saying it's just one scene & it never happened :KEK: come on... just see the scene distribution and say it for what it truly is, don't spin it :p
the patreon report on what if's too [I don't play what ifs...] but it was evident that the whales are in highest tier make it impossible for the other content to drop in
That kind of stuff is frustrating to read about. Not just with this game specifically but just in general. That you could potentially have 999 patrons who all unanimously want the same thing, and then 1 whale could come along and say "I want the opposite... and I'll pay you x10 more than what all of your other patrons are paying you combined." :LOL:

I mean it sucks, but what's the ideal answer to that conundrum?

• Red Heart
Reactions: DD69-1

What? Why? Games

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
Just counted Chapter 10. MC gets 21 sex scenes and Hunter gets 1. What spin is there? He gets one damn scene in Chapter 10. God forbid I make it good. Anyone complaining about it just sounds entitled and lost.

That kind of stuff is frustrating to read about. Not just with this game specifically but just in general. That you could potentially have 999 patrons who all unanimously want the same thing, and then 1 whale could come along and say "I want the opposite... and I'll pay you x10 more than what all of your other patrons are paying you combined." :LOL:

I mean it sucks, but what's the ideal answer to that conundrum?
That's not what is happening at all.

4.20 star(s) 368 Votes