NachoAndCheez

Nov 1, 2020
Thank you! I was thinking the same thing after finishing this What if. I will put some of my thoughts in the spoiler section as well, for the same reason.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, I get that people vote for these things but I remember the dev saying at some point that there won't be just NTR what if's. Well, we're at number 7 and so far we only had one of these things that wasn't NTR and that one was with Evil Sterling, so not much improvement there, regarding the corruption of the girls. Seriously, are people adverse to a wholesome What if or something? And before you guys say that people want to explore something different, trust me, with the right story, even a wholesome one can become quite enjoyable.
... What if instead of being inspired by sitcoms "Power Vacuum" was inspired by pixar movies.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Havent looked at this game for a long time now, does it still contain the "avoidable NTR that is actually NTR but you just hear sexsounds and dont go check it out" content as the only "non-NTR" option?
To elaborate on what others said, it's not so that if you pick the NTR option, you see it and if you don't, you don't see it but still happens, but instead it's a different timeline. If you pick the NTR option, the NTR happens, but if you pick the non-NTR option, you actively prevent the NTR situation. There's no NTR, because you prevented it.

Zabutnik

Dec 31, 2019
At least this latest What if gave me plenty of pregnant belly and pregnant sex content. and I actually kinda found myself rooting for sean like he was the underdog. maybe it was also refreshing it was someone other than Hunter. and I honestly hope this ending with all the pregnant sex is what we can eventually get in the main game for Sterling. Kinda like What If 3.

john984

Jun 6, 2020
At least this latest What if gave me plenty of pregnant belly and pregnant sex content. and I actually kinda found myself rooting for sean like he was the underdog. maybe it was also refreshing it was someone other than Hunter. and I honestly hope this ending with all the pregnant sex is what we can eventually get in the main game for Sterling. Kinda like What If 3.
Yess! Hope we get that, maybe one entire chapter at the end dedicated to pregnant belly and pregnant sex content.

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find anything in thread search: I have over 60 pages of saves and I'm trying a What If scenario; is there a way to change the What If save location so that both it and the main game are always in Roaming/Renpy, but not the same "PowerVacuum-1561592800"? That way there aren't a bunch of standalone saves jammed randomly in the middle of the main game saves.

frankrobson123

Jan 17, 2018
guys i cant play this. it says it continues and it doesnt ... the rpy file isnt downloading, showing some codes. DAMN
The patch wasn't working for me on Windows because when I saved the patch it saved as a .txt file. I changed the patch file extension to .rpy and it worked.

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Havent looked at this game for a long time now, does it still contain the "avoidable NTR that is actually NTR but you just hear sexsounds and dont go check it out" content as the only "non-NTR" option?
In the Main Game, Hunter has been described by the developer as a Wile E. Coyote type character, always chasing the girls and instead ending up failing (and increasingly getting injured in comedic ways). The NTR is restricted to the Bad Ends which are by nature designed to be pretty easily avoidable but can also be fully deactivated never to be seen again. There is NO on-going story route that allows for NTR, only Bad Ends.

The What Ifs are voted on, and the NTR fans keep winning the votes. There is, I believe, ONE What If to date that is not NTR, where Sterling embraces his role as harem master and goes hog wild with all the women in sight.

The idea that development time is being taken away from the main game to produce the What If episodes has been repeatedly refuted by the dev along with an explanation of why that's not true, but some people (mostly people who really REALLY hate NTR) refuse to believe him. This has been made worse by the fact the the last few updates to the main game have gradually taken longer to complete. However, that fact was predicted and we were warned about it. The official stance of the dev is that the updates are taking longer because they are bigger, include more girls each time, and have more animations. The official explanation from the dev on why the What If episodes do not cause a delay is that he always had a set work schedule for development of the main game, which he has stuck to, and the work he is putting into the What Ifs he is doing during what had previously been his days off.

EDIT: To be clear, there is metric ton of non-NTR content in this game, most of it beautifully animated. It's one of the hottest games I've ever played. It is also written to be comedic a lot of the time. I personally do NOT like feeling helpless to avoid rivals and NTR, but I never feel that way while playing this. Hunter never feels like a real threat to me in the same way as the NTR threat characters in a lot of other games. He is essentially a parody of NTR characters. He is a hideous buffoon that the women have no interest in romantically and are not attracted to at all. He is a creep that is always lurking, but as long as you follow the story and don't watch the optional and easily avoided NTR Bad Ends, he consistently comes off as comedic foil with ridiculous schemes that constantly backfire in humorous ways.

Last edited:

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
where am i suppose to put this

sry am noob
NameOfYourGamesFolder > PowerVacuum > game > saves

If you just installed it, there might not be a "saves" folder yet, it is created the first time you make a save file. You can either create a saves folder yourself, or if it is easier for you just open the game and make a random save file. You can also change the numbers in file name to control where the save file appears. The name "9-3-LT1.save" will place the save on the ninth page of saves in the third slot. If you rename it to "1-1-LT1.save" that will put it on the first page of saves in the first slot.

4.20 star(s) 368 Votes