Ghostboy031

Jan 2, 2019
Not before you click on the game it doesn't. If you're just seeing it appear under latest updates and have never seen the game before all it says is the title, "Power Vacuum [What If... Vol. 7 NTR] [What? Why? Games]". And people not interested in NTR are just not going to bother clicking.
It's literally on the game description, use your eyes you numpty

dragonflame

Mar 9, 2020
596.gif
this is ntr i guess (y)( pointing up at the image). why are they complaining about it. better yet why even bother add it ntr switch in this game. if you pick ntr you will see ntr. but you time travel(y) back to the option because you pick the wrong option. ntr is wrong option. that why i don't play this game

Miliryan

Jun 15, 2022
Oh god, we are back to the same shit that happens every update.
Wow, I arrived this forum after Ch. 10 came out. But after updates it is honestly a scary place with all these arguments.

And here i am scratching my head in disbelief.
From what i know, it looks like "What Ifs" are made as a 'Thank you!' for high tier patreons. So i think it is fair that they decide what it will be about. If it is something you don't like, then it is what it is. I mean it is a bonus minigame.

Moreover, "What Ifs" are made in WWG's free time. And there are people who are straight up deny it, and say "What Ifs" are taking time from the main game. On one hand it is ridiculous, because with these statements they call the dev a liar. On the other hand it is sad because they have no trust in him. In the dev, who delivers one of the best quality game.

Same with the NTR argument. Don't like it? No problem, you literally have the option to avoid it. Not some, we don't see it, but still happens behind the walls bullshit. It just does not happen. All i see is that some people scared of the mere thought, that there is an alternative timeline, where the girl gets fucked by someone else. Of course i root for the MC too. But these bad endings offer something different, if you don't want to see just vanilla.
Oh, and i played the 10 chapters together, so i can say the vanilla content easily outwieghs the NTR content. Of coure, if the overall game's quality gets better with every chapter, it will be true to the NTR scenes as well.

Ok, this comment may seem unnecessary. But i can understand when somebody is not liking something and give voice to his/her opinion. What i can't understand when people deny facts, and stubbornly hold on to their own theory.

Last edited:

Alig8r

Nov 9, 2018
That is one way to look at it. I just want to say that I like Power Vacuum overall, and was an early supporter because of the comedy, quality, and heartfelt moments with the cast and MC. I even thought the initial method of including optional "parody" NTR funny and innovative compared to the other versions out there, but just initially. It has become something else now. It started as a little "light hearted", relatively, way of including the fetish, while not really denigrating (my main concern) the characters, because it starts with short instance brought about through drugs or trickery of the girls and a MC who choose that path, and like you say restricted to "bad ends". But it "evolved" unfortunately... obviously because of how much money it is bringing in.

While "non-canon", the characters themselves stay in character during the bad ends and the what-if's, meaning that pretty much every female character in the game not only has the potential to become a relatively mindless cock-sleeve, but does so far more easily for the NTR scenarios (albeit, not as easily as your typical NTR), even when initially there is an excuse/lever to push them into it it is still very damaging to their characters as far as the main game is considered imho, especially in their treatment of Sterling in many of the scenarios. One canon part of the game itself that is proof that this is more of a multi-verse reality than random bad ends, is the fact the Gramps did to the MC's dad and his immediate family exactly what happens to the MC in the NTR situations. The MC never has (as is usual with NTR), an easier road (which is realistic, but hardly fair compared to the NTR).

Then add in all the girls first times going all the way, are almost always NTR, and you cannot tell me as a developer that a considerable portion of time and resources (rendering alone!) that could be spent on the main game are not instead being spent on the "What-if's" to bring in more cash overall across a longer development time, at a determent to the main game for vanilla players. I am quite positive the overall content NTR-vs non, is probably pretty even all together, but for a game where that started as non-canon side stuff... that doesn't seem to be the case now. There is also the potentially darker aspect I worry about, that everything happening in the main line of the game, is just a method for Gramps to train Sterling into being a new kind of seducer, one that uses feelings rather than drugs to achieve the same ends. Which while better, is still in it's own way a subversion of the "battle" between the two. Just a theory, but a scary one.

It is what it is and you do what you do as a developer to make a game profitable within your desired wheelhouse, and this is an interesting game. But you are putting a bit more sugar on it all than is fair I think.
Fetish content has buyers who pay good compared to non f/casual players. Find out what's the ratio and organize a coup d'etat on the right time. Meanwhile find other vanilla games there are some real hidden gems around here.

Reactions: acewinz

Cavpal

May 24, 2017
Why... because when you attract a certain audience, in this case harem fans, and then add something like ntr, the direct antithesis, along the line, you have gone against what your core audience wants. Either you do both courses from the beginning or you don't do it at all. Look at what happened to Foot of the Mountains. Dev added a route into the game, and people were understandably pissed off. You can't cultivate a harem audience, then shoot the old switcheroo and expect it to go well.
THIS. For this reason alone I cannot get back to this game, despite its undeniable quality. It's the breach of trust that seals the deal for me. I had a girlfriend in highschool who cheated on me with her "gay" best friend, just to "help him out". I dumped her ass, deleted her number and never talked to her again. It's been 17 years since then, and I still resent her to this day.

Morgan42

Oct 9, 2019
THIS. For this reason alone I cannot get back to this game, despite its undeniable quality. It's the breach of trust that seals the deal for me. I had a girlfriend in highschool who cheated on me with her "gay" best friend, just to "help him out". I dumped her ass, deleted her number and never talked to her again. It's been 17 years since then, and I still resent her to this day.
The non-canon NTR was always in the game since chapter 1.

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018
Except "THIS" doesn't apply to this game lol you guys really are feelings over facts.

4.20 star(s) 368 Votes