Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
About the main game, WWG said countless of times that he does the what-ifs in his free time, outside the main game working schedule, so the development of the main game isn't affected.
That simply doesnt make sense, considering he is the one to determine his schedule. If on his "free time", he's doing the exact same thing he does on his "work time", then it isn't really free time, he just changed his work schedule. Creators of every kind often work on parallel projects to avoid burnout or mental blocks, but even this is hard to argue here since it's the same work, with the same characters, and the same assets, just different scripts.
He's giving his patreons what they're asking for, and there's nothing wrong with that. But lets not pretend this isn't taking a toll on the development of the main game.

Renjiro

Jul 19, 2018
I'm not a fan of the What If's 'cause I really want more of the main story, but more power to the creator for flexing their creative muscles. Back to waiting.

Reactions: Keitlen

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
At this point people who believe 'Muh developer work on what ifs in his free time!!!. It's his hobby!' are either very naive people or simply a ntr fan. Seriously look at how many what if's he released lately and how many main game chapters. Also somebody please check how many renders and animation scenes will be in chapter 11 (excluding bad end ntr's) and compare to how many of them in what if's that released between chapter 10 and chapter 11. If it's close (or even more) then it means the dev has plenty of free time at his hand for his 'hobby' :ROFLMAO: He has more 'hobby' time than work time for his main game it seems...

Honestly why not just say 'I want to farm ntr whales more than work on main game!' and move along. Again this 'what if's doesn't effect development speed of the game! He does it on his free time as his hobby!' is such a cringe lie dude

Also this 'muh cuckold fans are the paying customers so dev want to focus on them!' is completely fair but what would you expect when most of the game's sexual content is simply ntr content when you count the what ifs. You would expect huge portion of harem players supports that? Nearly all the most supported and biggest earner adult games on patreon are vanilla and harem games which has zero ntr in it. So non-ntr players (which is overwhelming majority of the adult game playerbase) would love to support the game more if the focus of the developer wouldn't be so much on ntr content. So blaming them on not paying when they are the lesser catered playerbase of the game is kinda weird. I mean despite all of this I still think even this game has more harem fan patrons than ntr patrons but it seems like 'what if' votes are max tier locked so it's natural that what ifs are always ntr simply because of ntr whales

Last edited:

MrRiouso

Jul 22, 2021
This may be the best What If that I have seen. Liked the references to other visual novels, especially the BaDIK one.

Also, the Ophelia's NTR setting reminds me of blacksheep's futa story about a boy (Josh) whose mom always ends up banging his girlfriend (Nancy), other girls and even Josh himself sometimes. Ophelia becomes as cruel as Josh's mom, not caring at all about her son's feelings.
do you know the name of the other games that are referenced

What? Why? Games

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
At this point people who believe 'Muh developer work on what ifs in his free time!!!. It's his hobby!' are either very naive people or simply a ntr fan. Seriously look at how many what if's he released lately and how many main game chapters. Also somebody please check how many renders and animation scenes will be in chapter 11 (excluding bad end ntr's) and compare to how many of them in what if's that released between chapter 10 and chapter 11. If it's close (or even more) then it means the dev has plenty of free time at his hand for his 'hobby' :ROFLMAO: He has more 'hobby' time than work time for his main game it seems...

Honestly why not just say 'I want to farm ntr whales more than work on main game!' and move along. Again this 'what if's doesn't effect development speed of the game! He does it on his free time as his hobby!' is such a cringe lie dude

Also this 'muh cuckold fans are the paying customers so dev want to focus on them!' is completely fair but what would you expect when most of the game's sexual content is simply ntr content when you count the what ifs. You would expect huge portion of harem players supports that? Nearly all the most supported and biggest earner adult games on patreon are vanilla and harem games which has zero ntr in it. So non-ntr players (which is overwhelming majority of the adult game playerbase) would love to support the game more if the focus of the developer wouldn't be so much on ntr content. So blaming them on not paying when they are the lesser catered playerbase of the game is kinda weird. I mean despite all of this I still think even this game has more harem fan patrons than ntr patrons but it seems like 'what if' votes are max tier locked so it's natural that what ifs are always ntr simply because of ntr whales
I don't know why people need this explained, but here's a mock-up of my schedule:

If I work six hours a day, seven days a week on the main game(assuming eight hours of sleep), that gives me ten hours of non-allotted time per day.

Now, during periods where I have a lenient schedule, if I devote three of those ten hours to What Ifs? as a form of overtime, how is that delaying development of the main game?

Yes, I could spend those overtime hours on the main game. Same way every salary worker could put in 50% more hours per day for no benefit. My goal as a one-man team is to find a work/life balance that is sustainable. The What Ifs? stretch me thin but I do them because I'm passionate about exploring new concepts in my work and they are a breath of fresh air to me.

People like to throw around the term "milking", but understand that if my patrons want me to stop doing What Ifs?, then they'll just be getting less content on the same schedule because I'm not spending more than 42 hours a week on a creative job that pulls in manager at McDonald's money at it's peak. If you average it out with the first two years where I made employee at McDonald's money and the 15 thousand in computer equipment, it's laughable to expect more.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is my update schedule. And my update schedule of 6-7 months per chapter is absolutely fair. For the amount of content in it and compared to other developers. When you factor in the What Ifs?, you can see how much of my time goes to pumping out content for my patrons. Chapter 11 has been scheduled for January for months on my end whether the What Ifs? exist or not.

UserPotato

May 7, 2021
I don't know why people need this explained, but here's a mock-up of my schedule:

If I work six hours a day, seven days a week on the main game(assuming eight hours of sleep), that gives me ten hours of non-allotted time per day.

Now, during periods where I have a lenient schedule, if I devote three of those ten hours to What Ifs? as a form of overtime, how is that delaying development of the main game?

Yes, I could spend those overtime hours on the main game. Same way every salary worker could put in 50% more hours per day for no benefit. My goal as a one-man team is to find a work/life balance that is sustainable. The What Ifs? stretch me thin but I do them because I'm passionate about exploring new concepts in my work and they are a breath of fresh air to me.

People like to throw around the term "milking", but understand that if my patrons want me to stop doing What Ifs?, then they'll just be getting less content on the same schedule because I'm not spending more than 42 hours a week on a creative job that pulls in manager at McDonald's money at it's peak. If you average it out with the first two years where I made employee at McDonald's money and the 15 thousand in computer equipment, it's laughable to expect more.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is my update schedule. And my update schedule of 6-7 months per chapter is absolutely fair. For the amount of content in it and compared to other developers. When you factor in the What Ifs?, you can see how much of my time goes to pumping out content for my patrons. Chapter 11 has been scheduled for January for months on my end whether the What Ifs? exist or not.
Trolls are trolls. Quality, content, and writing in your game is top 3 at least, and I'll happily continue to support your work on Patreon.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018

You're wasting your breath... if you are awake you better be working... If you're asleep... WAKE UP!!! and get to work :p

Lazzrael

Dec 2, 2018
Sometimes the what if's are pretty good(1, 3, 5, and kind of 7), and the one's that aren't so good are usually because their boring or too much on the ntr side of things(all of these are basically ntr to the max, but how it's done, and who its done with mean everything).

This one I did like for the unique kinks of futa ntr. However, given who they did the futa'ing too and how she was written, I would of liked this if just Sterling and the mom split the difference and fucked hunter out of the picture(sharing, and basically cucking hunter out of the picture). Clever and fun use of other games however, I thought that was nice and on the nose for those and this game.

Overall, while I do say keep them up; at least if they keep this level of novelty (2 and 6 I didn't like because they were basically just old school ntr plots, but do use lucia more she is bae), please don't get so wrapped up in what if's to end up stopping the main story. Especially since; even though I like some ntr with good characters, I do wish given how sterling has been built up, he would get less dicked on in a horribly karmic way in these stories. Honestly this is also one of those games that balances both ntr/non-ntr choices so well, that while I like to see how you sneak ntr into a update, I enjoy seeing how sterling win's out and beats hutner. Because usually if both choices are an actual option and a creator is trying, inevitably they usually end up putting more effort into one side then another.

I wouldn't be surprised if the main story took a bit longer, since you seem to always add unique or at least interesting/enjoyable dialogue for a genre that usually goes towards the lowest hanging fruit of entertainment. Thanks for the fun while fapping!

Reactions: ScareKing

ScareKing

May 27, 2017

To be honest, i dont know how you are so patient with thoses guys lol, everytime this game recieve a update, a bunch of retards come here crying about ONE game recieving like 10% of scenes they dont like and dont need to see, to me, they should be ban from this thread but i dont know the rules, and i pretty sure you know that already but they will come back in January to complain about NTR scenes again, just ignore it and keep up with your job man, after that What If, i 100% sure you can be way bigger in this type of games, maybe you next project, you should try to release on Steam or something like that, anyway, thanks for the game and i realy hope you can earn way more, to bad i live in a shit country and dolar are way to expensive right now but i promise you i will "help" in the future.

yourmomma

Apr 4, 2018
I see the Anti-NTR crybabies are up to their old whining antics again.

wHy DoEsN't ThE dEv aNd PaTrEoN's CaTeR To My EnTiTlEd PIrAtInG aSs??!!! waaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa

Friggin' infants, are incapable of seperating fiction from reality.

Quite frankly I like the What if's. Their fun and whimsical. I hope the Dev keeps making them.

4.20 star(s) 368 Votes