RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
I personally do not like FUTA at all. Concept was very good but it would be 200% better if the antagonist was a male character. (I am speaking for what if chapter 8 ofc)

• Angry
Reactions: Avaron1974

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
So, in a way, if we calculate all the what ifs and main story combined & make a overall content. Then, It means, NTR fanbase got more lewd all over to fap with all the main Lis, while non ntr fanbase has to satisfy with heavy story, particularly with Ophelia along with some lewds. Okay. Very fair lol. Thankyou.
Nope, that's also wrong, because you are going by percentage and not file count. A what if can be finished in 10 to 15 minutes, depending on reading speed. Hell, one guy read it in like 5 minutes and we thought he skipped the talking to just watch the sex scenes.

A main game update would need several hours to complete, but again, based on reading speed. So you would need about 8 to 10 what ifs to equal 1 real update. With what ifs coming out every other month and updates every 6 months. You only get 3 what ifs between updates. Not even close to the amount required to "have more NTR content" then a main game update.

Also, a main game update has MANY MANY MANY Sterling / Vanilla scenes. Meanwhile they only ever have TWO and always TWO bad ends. Vanilla to NTR, you have 95% of a main updates play time be vanilla and the other 5% be NTR.

The only thing you can argue is that we get some relief for content more often because we have something to see every other month.

Reactions: TGafy and fcofco

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Thanks for your help to both of you, could you also answer me one more question please? it the MCs mom a Futa? bc in this scene it looks like it
View attachment 2194389 View attachment 2194390
No, that's just from this what if which is a bonus story.

In the main game she is a normal woman.

I personally do not like FUTA at all. Concept was very good but it would be 200% better if the antagonist was a male character. (I am speaking for what if chapter 8 ofc)
Which would also defeat the entire purpose of this what if's story......

Reactions: SuperPerv96

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
No offence, but nothing you said makes any sense.

You seem to have understood the work/life balance argument, but you may have missed the economic one. Think about it: Patreon developers don't get paid by the hour, and they don't get paid based on delivery of their product. What is the incentive to rush development?
The incentive to put updates out faster is to make the existing patrons happier and non patrons more incentivized to support. Not really a hard concept to understand.

The salary worker analogy is perfectly apt. It's like an unwritten contract where the patrons expect a certain amount of value after a certain amount of time. As one of those patrons, I'm willing to wait (and pay) as long as I feel I'm getting fair value. And as a middle-aged adult with other things to do, 6-7 months wait is not the end of the world for me. (Insert rant about young people and instant gratification here.)
Exactly, you feel like you're getting your money's worth and that's fine. If the same amount of content was released every year, would you still feel the same? How about every 2 years? See how the release schedule matters? There's people that don't support and don't care for the what ifs that would maybe feel more inclined to support if the updates came out every 4 months instead of 6 with no what ifs. Again, I have no idea if that would be better financially or not, but it certainly would have some effect.
A regular salary worker doesnt get a say in how long he will work, what kind of work he'll do, and doesnt make decisions that directly impact his earnings.

If WWG were to put out more frequent updates, they'd almost certainly be smaller and lesser in quality. This would more likely risk losing supporters (like myself) than gaining them, as well as risk burnout which would also affect quality. I've seen too many games put out frequent, tiny, boring updates, and I don't support them.
Never said anything about rushing development. The dev says he works roughly 6h a day on the main game and 3h on what ifs, and the main game comes out every 6 months. If he dropped the what ifs and worked on the main game these 9h, the update would come out in 4 months with the same content, assuming the same work rate. Thats just math. Now the dev says he couldnt do it because he'd burn out, and I respect that. Even if I find it strange that doing the exact same work on a different script isn't taxing for him, but to each their own

• Angry
Reactions: Xavier DAnger

What? Why? Games

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2019
Now the dev says he couldnt do it because he'd burn out, and I respect that. Even if I find it strange that doing the exact same work on a different script isn't taxing for him, but to each their own
It's not just about burn out. 80% of the money my game brings in is from the What If? tier. If I were to drop the What Ifs? and spend 9 hours a day on the game, I'd be working 50% harder on the main game and earning less than half the money. My goal here is to make this venture worthwhile. If it isn't, I have to stop. The What Ifs? have proven to be a good way to monetize my free time whereas spending it on the main game hasn't.

Last edited:

Vectoro

Mar 17, 2020
So two questions

*What was all the crossover stuff & the end of the what if.

&

*Is Ophelia possibly pregnant in the main game, been a wee bit since I replayed so I forgot if we have gotten to vaganel sex with her.

(Oh one more question: what are the chances the other women are pregnant?)

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
No offence, but nothing you said makes any sense.
Perhaps I'm failing to articulate my point. I appreciate your patience.

The incentive to put updates out faster is to make the existing patrons happier and non patrons more incentivized to support. Not really a hard concept to understand.
No, not a hard concept, but "happier" and "incentivized" are subjective, so this argument is only hypothesis.

Exactly, you feel like you're getting your money's worth and that's fine. If the same amount of content was released every year, would you still feel the same? How about every 2 years? See how the release schedule matters? There's people that don't support and don't care for the what ifs that would maybe feel more inclined to support if the updates came out every 4 months instead of 6 with no what ifs. Again, I have no idea if that would be better financially or not, but it certainly would have some effect.
A regular salary worker doesnt get a say in how long he will work, what kind of work he'll do, and doesnt make decisions that directly impact his earnings.
If the release were that far apart, I probably would withdraw my support. But if the chapters were closer together, with no What Ifs released in between, what is there to incentivize the top-tier supporters, hmm?

EDIT: I'm a salary worker, but when writing estimates/proposals I have to consider striking a balance between quality/schedule/cost. If I over-promise and under-deliver, I won't win follow-on contracts. Conversely if I under-promise and over-deliver, that's not sustainable/profitable. A balance has to be reached.

Never said anything about rushing development. The dev says he works roughly 6h a day on the main game and 3h on what ifs, and the main game comes out every 6 months. If he dropped the what ifs and worked on the main game these 9h, the update would come out in 4 months with the same content, assuming the same work rate. Thats just math. Now the dev says he couldnt do it because he'd burn out, and I respect that. Even if I find it strange that doing the exact same work on a different script isn't taxing for him, but to each their own
Solid math, but missing the big picture. Take it from the source:

It's not just about burn out. 80% of the money my game brings in is from the What If? tier. If I were to drop the What Ifs? and spend 9 hours a day on the game, I'd be working twice as hard on the main game and earning less than half the money. My goal here is to make this venture worthwhile. If it isn't, I have to stop.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017
In light of the recent what if, assuming at least the characterizations are canon, I have to amend my previous statement, Hunter's sexism, while still present and ingrained within Ophelia after the drugs, doesn't seem to carry over to his daughter becoming the Goddess of Sex, so he's an equal opportunity bastard when it comes to a scion.

However, the what if STILL implies he doesn't consider Drew a worthy scion, both when he was trying to mold Sterling into it in canon, and in his admission that he created the drug to make a scion, specifically. How much is this relevant to the main plot? Who knows, but it is food for thoughts.

Also while her mind is indeed being altered by the drugs and by apparently the unborn son who fused with her, acting as a channel for the god of sex so to speak, Ophelia demostrates that, indeed, she is her father's daughter in her approach to fucking women, using violent and direct means to fuck them specifically. She is forcing herself on the ones who aren't throwing themselves at her if you think about it, so there's that.

I guess Sterling, while losing his family and friend circle, still got an house out of it, and Ophelia does mention how he moved so he could fuck women without her fucking them, so hey, there is a silver lining for him, he is still a fairly attractive man, he just needs to never have contact with his mother again.

The women's personality being unaltered while still becoming obsessed with Ophelia might suggest this isn't a continuation of the in game theme of destruction of a woman identity in bad ending compared to her blossoming under Sterling, so to speak, but it actually is given the way their relationships are instead destroyed.

Like, is Ophelia planning to stick around every family she conquers? The way Hunter is setting it up, she comes, she sees, she conquers, and then she leaves, meaning all those broken families are now suffering that same vaccum of power with her absence.

Is he planning to swoop in? No, they are still psychosexually obsessed with Ophelia, that can't work either, and while they do mention how these women are "still themsleves," there is a pretty big caveat there in "as long as they had their ophelia fix."

The au doesn't explore any of these consequences unfortunately, unlike the other "Hunter finds a Scion" AU in what if 3 where they are at least mentioned in passing, but it does expand on my previous theory on how the pregnancies here aren't just a fetish but a specific claim by the male characters on the female ones, one of conquest as their body are drained of their energies by the parassite within and shit like that.

All in all, a fairly interesting what if honestly, which somewhat explored some of the dynamics within the group, if a tad lacking in favour of the wider power fantasy scenario. People who are angry about it should, like, just not read it honestly, maybe complain about it a bit but this is ultimately a patreon's choice which I guess won a pool, me myself have been bummed out by a concept as trite as "hunter and brenna live in the same room now" winning over "Island of Futa Amazons" honestly.

I'm not into the whole "dude gets cucked" thing honestly, and I was half expecting while Ophelia was fucking Aliza for Sterling to fuck Ophelia in turn, thus shifting the story into a more even "Ophelia has a Harem, but Sterling still has his mother" scenario, but I understand how that might not be the requester's fetish and shit, and I'll respect that. Dude paid money and won the poll, which is more than most people here can say, and I'll have to tip my hat to that.

I guess this was 7/10 for story, 9/10 for meta commentary, 4/10 for realism, 10/10 for references.

(That said, can anyone tell me what the "missing" what ifs that never won the polls were? I know of a couple of them like the amazon futa island, anything else? I'm hoping for one day getting a "the girls unionize" AU where they just straight up unionize and start using Sterling as a shared sex toy, ending with Hunter looking on in Horror as he decides to flee the country rather than mess with forces even he can't survive, as a parallel to how the lone wolf can be easily killed by a single hunter, but a pack can overcome them so to speak).
This is why i come here.

• Haha
Reactions: Fayn Arawn
Jun 11, 2018
This is one of those special games where the Dev seems to take genuine care with the art. We've all seen the same 5 DAZ models recycled as our sister/step-sister/aunt/roommate/childhoodfriend, but this dev went above and beyond. For those among you who are impatient, this is not the game for you, the updates take a good, long while. For those of us who can wait, it's very clear to see why each chapter takes so long. Little details you don't realize other games are missing. Catherine's sex scenes have her stomach contract. I didn't even know daz models could do that. The game is very impressive and the dev manages to balance artistic direction with player demand by utilizing "side stories" to explore specific fetishes that wouldn't otherwise fit in the game. Overall impressive and I look forward to the new update in January (my birthday).

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
So two questions

*What was all the crossover stuff & the end of the what if.

&

*Is Ophelia possibly pregnant in the main game, been a wee bit since I replayed so I forgot if we have gotten to vaganel sex with her.

(Oh one more question: what are the chances the other women are pregnant?)
1st question: Dev was just poking fun at those games. You can really tell when he really laid it on thick with the foot of the mountain grind joke.

2nd question: The what ifs take place in a different universe so to speak. So yes, that Ophelia was pregnant, but not the canon Ophelia. Real Ophelia can't possibly be pregnant unless some stretching happens like anal cum got her pregnant or maybe when she was being bukkaked by Sterling some might have fallen in.

Mighty J

Donor
May 12, 2017
I need a chapter two save file with the current version...I finished chapter 1 on an old save file unknowingly and now its completely glitched

QnotU

Dec 4, 2019
I don't know why people need this explained, but here's a mock-up of my schedule:

If I work six hours a day, seven days a week on the main game(assuming eight hours of sleep), that gives me ten hours of non-allotted time per day.

Now, during periods where I have a lenient schedule, if I devote three of those ten hours to What Ifs? as a form of overtime, how is that delaying development of the main game?

Yes, I could spend those overtime hours on the main game. Same way every salary worker could put in 50% more hours per day for no benefit. My goal as a one-man team is to find a work/life balance that is sustainable. The What Ifs? stretch me thin but I do them because I'm passionate about exploring new concepts in my work and they are a breath of fresh air to me.

People like to throw around the term "milking", but understand that if my patrons want me to stop doing What Ifs?, then they'll just be getting less content on the same schedule because I'm not spending more than 42 hours a week on a creative job that pulls in manager at McDonald's money at it's peak. If you average it out with the first two years where I made employee at McDonald's money and the 15 thousand in computer equipment, it's laughable to expect more.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is my update schedule. And my update schedule of 6-7 months per chapter is absolutely fair. For the amount of content in it and compared to other developers. When you factor in the What Ifs?, you can see how much of my time goes to pumping out content for my patrons. Chapter 11 has been scheduled for January for months on my end whether the What Ifs? exist or not.
This is a completely reasonable explanation. People who are giving you shit are probably the same people who think hiring more devs means they will get updates significantly faster.

Furthermore, you communicate better than a lot of other devs in this realm, and people do seem to want the "What Ifs?". Keep doing you, dude!

ScareKing

May 27, 2017
I need a chapter two save file with the current version...I finished chapter 1 on an old save file unknowingly and now its completely glitched
Just start over and skip everything in CH 1, probably will be way faster then waiting for some one to upload a new save.

Reactions: Mighty J
4.20 star(s) 368 Votes