FoolishFool0

Nov 19, 2017
Alright, let me give this a shot:

Besides being intrinsically woven into too many aspects of the plot to be simply removed, Hunter serves as an antagonist. An antagonist is a plot device that challenges the protagonist, Sterling in this case, and creates conflict in the story. Without an antagonist, you have to find some other source of conflict to drive the plot, or else the story is boring.

You don't like Hunter, that's fine because he's designed not to be liked. What if we had a different antagonist: one who was charming and physically attractive to the ladies? He'd be an even bigger threat to the protagonist, as well as triggering to insecure players who self-insert as the protagonist and can't handle the idea of legitimate competition.

Another thing to remember is that Hunter's meddling helps absolve Sterling of moral responsibility for having sex with the girls. If Sterling had to use all of Hunter's tactics himself then he'd just be a monster and an unsympathetic character. But since Sterling is as much a victim as the girls are, he's not a total piece of shit like all the sleep-molesters we see in other games.

Look, if all you want is a fap and Hunter's that much of a boner-killer, I get it. But acting like he can just be removed from the story is like taking Joker out of Batman because you don't like clowns.
Exactly, Hunter is just your classic House Game protagonist stripped of all pretenses and masks, the ugly truth staring the player straight in the eyes, that someone who would cheat, swindle, spy and drug his loved ones for cheap, easy sex would be nothing short of a monster, and his existence is ESSENTIAL to hammer this point across, much like Kevin's depression leading him to also become your classic House Game "protagonist" does.

Last edited:

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
Thank you, I know what an antagonist is. I also know that you don't strictly need an antagonist to create conflict, and an antagonist doesn't need to be a character. There are plenty, PLENTY of stories in games here on f95zone that proves that very thing. And, before you say anything, many of them have arguably better stories too. This is not a dig on Power Vacuum, I think it's a fantastic game but the overarching plot is simply not its strongest draw. Which is another reason why a character like the grandfather is so superfluous. The overarching story structure doesn't take itself too seriously anyway, so being anal about having a strict antagonist is misplaced. Sure, for people that are into NTR it makes a lot of sense. For people who are NOT into NTR, all he does is serve as a rotten spot on the apple.

So in so many words, that's a false dichotomy. We don't need either this grandfather or some hottie like Erik to be the antagonist. We strictly don't need one at all, and if we are to have one there are plenty of other ways to do so, *cirumstances* can be an antagonistic driving force. You can have antagonists that are turned into deuteragonists. Or a million different ways to achieve the same thing.

But honestly, that's all moot because rewriting the entire structure of the story is a bigger ask than what I'm advocating for. I'm essentially just asking about never having to lay eyes upon that hideous face, or at least as little as humanly possible, and certainly NEVER see him near any of the girls. I could find that meeting the grandfather once early on, while NOT groping one of the girls, would be at least close to necessary. That could be acceptable to me. But after that, in the non-NTR version, his existence on screen simply cannot be justified. Every single impact he has on the story could easily be presented without showing him at all. Make him an invisible influence, something stories do literally all the time.

It's not *just* that he's a boner killer, although he is that to the extreme, it's that he quite literally leaves a foul taste in my mouth that no amount of good things happening after it can get out. His detriment on the entire experience of playing the game is so great that even after experiencing one of truly amazing sex scenes in this game, I find myself not thinking about how good the sex scene was, but how much I truly loathe that he's part of the same story, and how much that spoils it for me.

Rewriting scripts and code isn't necessarily the massive amount of work you make it out to be, and yes, I do expect an advertised NTR-free route to actually be NTR-free. The very blatant threats of NTR is still way too close to NTR in what's supposed to be a non-NTR route.
Speaking of false dichotomies, you've repeatedly suggested that everyone who doesn't hate Hunter like you do must love him. Perhaps we're simply not bothered by him?

I hear what you're saying. You don't want to see Hunter because he's so repulsive to you, that's a valid point of view. But then you try to construct a logic-based argument to support your subjective opinion, and this is where I have to disagree. Of course there are an infinite number of alternative ways this game could be made, but then it wouldn't be this game. Whether or not it'd be easy to create, and whether or not it would fundamentally alter the experience, in the end what you're asking for is a different game. It reminds me of the argument that FromSoftware should make an Easy Mode; they could, and some people would appreciate it, but then they're not experiencing what the creator intended.

SHER!FF

Aug 15, 2019
What?Why?Games, your line "Cong-O's, the number one third world breakfast cereal" made me spew whiskey all over my monitor. It got into my nose! 114 proof whiskey! I'm still cleaning my monitor, clearing the napalm from my sinuses and laughing like a maniac. Asshole. Keep it up. There's no better humor in this weird world than your game.

• Haha
Reactions: TGafy and Pidgeons

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
So a couple things i want to tackle here.

In regards to the vanilla vs ntr complaints coming from the vanilla side. I can understand their frustration because though the ntr scenes are in the minority the sheer size of the ntr scene continues to grow. If you look at the chapter 10 bad end with Ophelia, Hunter gets head, goes down on her, does multiple positions and finally creampies. That's much longer than most of the Sterling vanilla scenes. It can leave the pro vanilla feeling cheated because though numerous the scenes feel much shorter.

When you look at the more recent what ifs what used to be shorter mini scenes continue to grow in length and to be fair in quality. Look at everything from 4 on which are all ntr scenes.

4- you get a full length Hunter Brenna scene, plus the guide and Catherine also fucking and Ophelia sucking dick.

5- you get an Aliza solo scene, an Amber solo scene and a threesome.

6- escalating scenes with Hunter and Breanna that end with a fully in-depth scene to close it out.

7- you get a nobody that gets multiple scenes with Catherine, Ophelia, Brenna and a full blown orgy at the end.

8- Ophelia literally fucks every fuckable character in game (minus Rebecca if memory is correct) then moved on to characters from 3 other VNs. So that's 13 different females she gets.

The divide between ntr and vanilla content which used to be 90-10 is no longer that. So for the vanilla players to feel cheated isn't that unfair considering they have to wait 6 months in-between getting anything.

My suggestion to help improve on this is for WWG to tweak his rules on What Ifs. Based on the scale that they have grown to why can't we have scenarios to cater to both. Would it hurt there was one less ntr scene and a vanilla scene. Look at the most recent what if. He could have given the vanilla crowd the Aliza scene without interruption and the vanilla fans would have gotten something for them to help with the development time wait. Make the what ifs like the bad end scenes in game where a simple choice gives either the vanilla or the ntr and keep everyone happy.

I'm not trying to pick sides here based on liking both types on content. Just trying to make a rational explanation for the vanilla players feelings without being overly confrontational.

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
So a couple things i want to tackle here.

In regards to the vanilla vs ntr complaints coming from the vanilla side. I can understand their frustration because though the ntr scenes are in the minority the sheer size of the ntr scene continues to grow. If you look at the chapter 10 bad end with Ophelia, Hunter gets head, goes down on her, does multiple positions and finally creampies. That's much longer than most of the Sterling vanilla scenes. It can leave the pro vanilla feeling cheated because though numerous the scenes feel much shorter.

When you look at the more recent what ifs what used to be shorter mini scenes continue to grow in length and to be fair in quality. Look at everything from 4 on which are all ntr scenes.

4- you get a full length Hunter Brenna scene, plus the guide and Catherine also fucking and Ophelia sucking dick.

5- you get an Aliza solo scene, an Amber solo scene and a threesome.

6- escalating scenes with Hunter and Breanna that end with a fully in-depth scene to close it out.

7- you get a nobody that gets multiple scenes with Catherine, Ophelia, Brenna and a full blown orgy at the end.

8- Ophelia literally fucks every fuckable character in game (minus Rebecca if memory is correct) then moved on to characters from 3 other VNs. So that's 13 different females she gets.

The divide between ntr and vanilla content which used to be 90-10 is no longer that. So for the vanilla players to feel cheated isn't that unfair considering they have to wait 6 months in-between getting anything.

My suggestion to help improve on this is for WWG to tweak his rules on What Ifs. Based on the scale that they have grown to why can't we have scenarios to cater to both. Would it hurt there was one less ntr scene and a vanilla scene. Look at the most recent what if. He could have given the vanilla crowd the Aliza scene without interruption and the vanilla fans would have gotten something for them to help with the development time wait. Make the what ifs like the bad end scenes in game where a simple choice gives either the vanilla or the ntr and keep everyone happy.

I'm not trying to pick sides here based on liking both types on content. Just trying to make a rational explanation for the vanilla players feelings without being overly confrontational.
Your summary is pretty accurate. Hunter's scene with Ophelia was epic, but it was intended to satisfy a certain contingent of fans who had been waiting to see it. Hunter (usually) gets the women first, and a short scene with Ophelia would've been a disappointment to those fans. I'm just hoping that Sterling's eventual scene with Ophelia is even more epic, and then maybe people can calm down a bit.

One thing I didn't see you mention is that while the What Ifs have gotten larger, their releases have also been pushed further apart (much like the main game). It's not apples-to-apples comparing all of the What Ifs.

Anyway, I'm all for a compromise, but I feel like your suggestion would put undue burden on the dev, as well as dilute the concept suggested by the winner of the poll. If necessary (meaning the supporters want it), alternating NTR and vanilla What Ifs seems much more viable.

Jougen

Jun 6, 2017
Guys, does anyone know why the "what if" episode 7 ends on the new kid under Brenna's bed moment? i can see the files in the folder with more content, but the game just says to be continued and sends me to main menu.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Guys, does anyone know why the "what if" episode 7 ends on the new kid under Brenna's bed moment? i can see the files in the folder with more content, but the game just says to be continued and sends me to main menu.

You need to use the patch in the OP to continue the story. Make sure you start a new game after you apply the patch.

Reactions: Jougen

Jagento

Sep 15, 2019
Honestly, I like the game a lot and it may be that there is a lack of brain power at the moment and that's why the Main story doesn't continue. What I see from the lack of Animation views in the Side stories. Too few or no direct views of how the Penis works the fuck hole. That's what I like the most. I hope that changes. :cry::cautious:

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
Honestly, I like the game a lot and it may be that there is a lack of brain power at the moment and that's why the Main story doesn't continue. What I see from the lack of Animation views in the Side stories. Too few or no direct views of how the Penis works the fuck hole. That's what I like the most. I hope that changes. :cry::cautious:
Work on the main game is proceeding, we get previews of the progress every 10 days or so. But you may have stumbled upon an interesting point: if the What Ifs had more sex positions and angles, they'd take even longer to make. A few shortcuts with camera placement could be a time saver, so WWG can get back to working on the main game sooner.:unsure:

Jagento

Sep 15, 2019
Ah ok, all right. Does anyone know unofficially how many chapters are still to come?......, I hate Hunter, abysmal. -_-

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
View attachment 2200214

I wont hold my breath on that one, Brenna and Cath first sex scenes were really good narrative wise but were kinda dry with the visuals, Aliza cherry pop was exactly the opposite imo had somewhat satisfying length but dialog and narrative was too dry/corny so.....
Still, most likely wont happen in 11, tune in Fall 2023.
I don't agree. Sterling's already done nearly everything with Ophelia. I can't see them stretching it out even more.

darkslide5006

Jan 13, 2019
im really confused. the updated got flooded with comments so im not sure if its the volume8 added for add-ons or an aditional chapter was added to the main game. can someone tell me whats new with the game?

4.20 star(s) 369 Votes