ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
Confused as hell and about to give up.
1st) What is NTR in this game specifically? How does it affect game play?
2nd) im on Chapter 3 and bored out of my mind. When does something happen?
3rd) MC seems like a complete idiot being built up but man is it slooooow.

I think I'm going to try to hang in their until Ch.4 at least but a slow burn I can deal with an absolute glacial pace atm.

Groundhog day the movie seemed like it would be fun this game however makes me re think that.
1. Its in the form of non-cannonical bad ends. At specific points in the game you will be 2 options to choose from, if you choose the right answer the story moves forward, if you choose poorly you"ll see the NTR Bad end and be taken back to choice to make the right decision. If you have turned NTR off, you wont be given those choices and the game will continue as if you made the right decision. TLDR you wont see NTR if you dont want to.

2.&3. Yes the earlier chapters are a bit slow, I"ll say it starts getting really good around chapter 5. But since the writing and dialogue was enjoyable i didn't mind that much.

Reactions: Grey Wolf 73

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
Some folks here already mentioned that a very nice talented fellow called Sumatra3D did as an exercise a Fan-Episode called "Ophelias Date Night" as a non canon Whatt If Episode. He did it with the blessing of original PV Dev.The game you can get currently for free on his discord

I must say its really great made and i think after original Devs Futa ambush nonsense in last What If Episode this one will be a perfect relief for some people like me...:)

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Thanks for the heads up. Much Appreciated. I will hang in their then but Chapters 1-3 feels like 1 long Chapter.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Confused as hell and about to give up.
1st) What is NTR in this game specifically? How does it affect game play?
Try reading the OP fully next time.
1674681231575.png

Plenty has already happened by that point. Keep playing and you'll get the sex scenes.

3rd) MC seems like a complete idiot being built up but man is it slooooow.
He's not an idiot, and the pacing is not slow.

I think I'm going to try to hang in their until Ch.4 at least but a slow burn I can deal with an absolute glacial pace atm.
Clearly you've never tried A Wife and Mother...

Groundhog day the movie seemed like it would be fun this game however makes me re think that.
Groundhog day is the exact same day repeating infinitely, with only Bill Murray's character making any differences until he breaks the loop he's trapped in.
In this game, each repeated event is a series of progression in an event chain. They are not identical each time unless you're deliberately going for the repeatable/replayable/"reliving" parts, which are limited to a small section in the game.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Some folks here already mentioned that a very nice talented fellow called Sumatra3D did as an exercise a Fan-Episode called "Ophelias Date Night" as a non canon Whatt If Episode. He did it with the blessing of original PV Dev.The game you can get currently for free on his discord

I must say its really great made and i think after original Devs Futa ambush nonsense in last What If Episode this one will be a perfect relief for some people like me...:)
Just a heads up it is posted here to ;)

Power Vacuum: Ophelia's Date Night [v1.0] [Sumatra 3D]

Reactions: QuantumVNs

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
To be fair, there are some semi-repetitive events early on, like watching TV with Ophelia, where the progression does feel (appropriately?) slow. However, I suspect some players are repeating other events when they don't have to, instead of using the time skip feature.

Reactions: wildride69

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
Ouch he's hurting through the first 3 chapters and now he's on in my opinion the worst chapter in the game. I have to agree with others though from 5 on it ramps up considerably.

TrueJackal

Jul 7, 2020
I think i can explains that. Ophelia is more cautious with MC she fears that with him one thing lead to other and more. And she fears that Sterling do these things on purpose to made it lead to other on purpose.
Catherine may be bad with boundaries but she is a child at heart (no matter how creepy that sounds) and Ophelia was not afraid things to get complicated. Well, untill Catherine start to play lesbian and then Brenna starts to make her moves. And now she is confused.
I get why she does it. It's still frustrating to put in extra work when you don't even know if you'll get the same reward as someone else.

jond2760

Oct 23, 2018
Damn this is a crap game these days. Can't stop any crap other than NTR. Damn, if there's lesbianism within the family, I'll count that as Lez-NTR as well.

OK All shit
- Lesbian sex. Lez-NTR
- Lesbian sex within the family. Lez-NTR
- Femdom
- Trans

Even one of these can stop the game instantly.
How have you made it this far through life being so fucking fragile?

Griphen116

Dec 24, 2020
this is probably one of the best written games I've read from this site. The dialogue is almost reminiscent of Always Sunny but more light hearted and sexual.

The only suggestion i have for improving it is adding some light music. Any kind of bullshit royalty free music tracks would work, just something to play in the background. Maybe a character theme for each girl and then a general house theme? That would be enough.

Please keep releasing more!

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Try reading the OP fully next time.
View attachment 2339278

Plenty has already happened by that point. Keep playing and you'll get the sex scenes.

He's not an idiot, and the pacing is not slow.

Clearly you've never tried A Wife and Mother...

Groundhog day is the exact same day repeating infinitely, with only Bill Murray's character making any differences until he breaks the loop he's trapped in.
In this game, each repeated event is a series of progression in an event chain. They are not identical each time unless you're deliberately going for the repeatable/replayable/"reliving" parts, which are limited to a small section in the game.
Honestly never saw the OP you listed at all. I did look up NTR and the definition seems to vary depending on the VN. I have NTR on now as I see it doesn't affect anything and adds a dose of much needed humor.

Chapter 1-3 IMO are fairly mundane and doesn't move the story very far at all. After reading the suggestions here that led me to the time skip feature for scenes you have already gone through has made the playstyle better.

Pacing and slowness are a matter of opinion and this is by far the slowest VN I personally have ever played IMO. Thank you for the warning on A Wife and Mother.

I just finished Lunas Fall From Grace which is a Slow Burn, it takes its time, has an outstanding story and your choices really really matter. The difference is IMO it start to builds drama fairly early on at least enough to make you feel like part of the story.

This VN has way better Gfx than Luna but fails to make you want to continue as the MC, its getting better now that I am in Chapter 5 and chapter 4 was ok as well.

The first 3 chapter were disappointing from a Story perspective IMO.

Just my opinion though to each their own.

Sinopsiso

Sep 3, 2018
Pacing and slowness are a matter of opinion and this is by far the slowest VN I personally have ever played IMO. Thank you for the warning on A Wife and Mother.
Its an incest game. Slow pace is logical. I mean, what do you expect? That MC start to making out with his family members from chapter 2.
One of the reason i rate this game so high, that dev actually tried to write characters as family members. First chapters was setting up the stage. But then again, considering that i know what will happen next, its easier to me. And i like slow pacing when its needed.

The problem with A Wife and Mother not just pacing, but slow dev. Would his updates would be more regular and bigger, that game would rock. Wasted potential.

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
In fairness I never said this is a Bad game ever. To me this is an above average game. I wouldn't rank it low even now.

The hook doesn't kick in until the end of Chapter 3 iMO. The Graphics are excellent the animated renders are excellent, the dialog starting in chapter 4 is excellent. So I am not knocking this game in any way shape or form.

I would make it VERY clear from the beginning that their is a FF time button so you don't have to click through the same text over and over again. I'm sure this slowed me down considerably reading the same text over and over again.

The conversations that the characters have for the most part seems very natural as well. Is it going to make my favorites list probably not but to me its like playing Halo Single Player, I played it once liked it but I have no desire to do the campaign again, while I play Hades 2-3 times a week the game play keeps me coming back and I love it.

fisty123

Oct 24, 2022
Damn this is a crap game these days. Can't stop any crap other than NTR. Damn, if there's lesbianism within the family, I'll count that as Lez-NTR as well.

OK All shit
- Lesbian sex. Lez-NTR
- Lesbian sex within the family. Lez-NTR
- Femdom
- Trans

Even one of these can stop the game instantly.
But these are some of the best tags going around, need more games with these tags, too much vanilla ice cream fans these days I always liked my vanilla ice cream with some good toppings like these four tags, although I would swap out trans for futa.

Sinopsiso

Sep 3, 2018
That game left me with a stuttering incoherent rage whenever I see a game with tedious grinding.

AND MY DUMBASS PLAYED THE FULL THING
Really? Its opposite for me. When i play another grind game, i remeber Foot... and it became easier to play.

The Graphics are excellent the animated renders are excellent
Its actually became better in my opinion. Second reason for liking this game, that dev tried to do better with scenes. Your processor may even feel it.
It still pains me that he didn't get recognition for dnd scenes. I mean, he was actually one of the first who did that shit. Long before BaDik.

ScareKing

May 27, 2017
Really? Its opposite for me. When i play another grind game, i remeber Foot... and it became easier to play.

Its actually became better in my opinion. Second reason for liking this game, that dev tried to do better with scenes. Your processor may even feel it.
It still pains me that he didn't get recognition for dnd scenes. I mean, he was actually one of the first who did that shit. Long before BaDik.
3 letters its the reason why he didnt get recognition, Power Vacuum renders are in the same level as Being a DIK but since one of them had optional NTR, a bunch of dudes believe this game is bad in everything lol.

Reactions: breahingdolphin
4.20 star(s) 369 Votes