yourmomma

Apr 4, 2018
See I find BeingaDik more of a grind than Power Vacuum. In Power Vacuum you just skip the repetive scenes and follow the hint system. Turn off skip for new scenes. Easy peasy.

On the other hand I was stuck in that dumb Halloween house on BDik for like an hour watching my system resources get gobbled up by a botched flashlight script. But I'm so glad Pink got all that time in for anti modding the game instead of smoothing out the kinks in his horrific mini games and questionable hint system.

Also kind of ironic an mc joins a frat called the DIKs, but everyone catches feels. Wait, what? lol

The fanart thread, though. Those guys are doing amazing work.

FoolishFool0

Nov 19, 2017
See I find BeingaDik more of a grind than Power Vacuum. In Power Vacuum you just skip the repetive scenes and follow the hint system. Turn off skip for new scenes. Easy peasy.

On the other hand I was stuck in that dumb Halloween house on BDik for like an hour watching my system resources get gobbled up by a botched flashlight script. But I'm so glad Pink got all that time in for anti modding the game instead of smoothing out the kinks in his horrific mini games and questionable hint system.

Also kind of ironic an mc joins a frat called the DIKs, but everyone catches feels. Wait, what? lol

I am sorry, anti modding what?

Sinopsiso

Sep 3, 2018
I am sorry, anti modding what?
BaDik don't like mods. Save files from the version with mods not working on new versions. And apparently even clean saves.

I quit BaDik in 2021, not beacause its bad, but because i create chaos in my save files, so i didn't remember when i chick, when i dick and which girl i choose. So i decided to wait untill game will be finished and clean it from start to finish.
So how it close to the end?

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
3 letters its the reason why he didnt get recognition
OGL?
I quit BaDik in 2021, not beacause its bad, but because i create chaos in my save files, so i didn't remember when i chick, when i dick and which girl i choose.
I get that. Multi-path games are nice and all, but they need a walkthrough to play and if there's exclusive content, you need multiple playthroughs. That's fun and all if the game's finished, but during development? Yeah, that's a drag.

Champ-Champ

Jan 11, 2018

I've never managed to get through the first few scenes of that game because it was tedious as fuck. But anti modding? seriously? That's dumb as fuck and a very good way of losing your game's momentum. Reminds me of what happened to Lab Rats 2.

Reactions: yourmomma

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
3 letters its the reason why he didnt get recognition, Power Vacuum renders are in the same level as Being a DIK but since one of them had optional NTR, a bunch of dudes believe this game is bad in everything lol.
I mean you're right the ntr tag will make a lot of people not play a game. The bigger issue is that there a a bunch of games that say the ntr is optional but what they mean is it still happens you just dont see it.

Heck i put off this game because of its heavy ntr focus and was pleasently surprised that the ntr is not only easy to avoid but also not canon.

Reactions: ScareKing

FoolishFool0

Nov 19, 2017
I mean you're right the ntr tag will make a lot of people not play a game. The bigger issue is that there a a bunch of games that say the ntr is optional but what they mean is it still happens you just dont see it.

Heck i put off this game because of its heavy ntr focus and was pleasently surprised that the ntr is not only easy to avoid but also not canon.
Yeah like, that's the thing I never got about the complaints here.

Like, I get it, not everyone wants to see this shit, and people might feel like the NTR scenes ultimately take away time and work from the vanilla ones, but this game is ultimately a very specific narrative focusing on a inter-generational conflict that has at no point led outside of ONE flashback and ONE DND sessions to the MC getting cucked, and even in that case it was his aunt and grandma getting fucked.

There is the POTENTIAL of the MC getting cucked, yes, but that's ultimately the narrative that drives the game, that's the necessary villain, the necessary conflict, to give the story some bite, not to make it bland or generic.

Sinopsiso

Sep 3, 2018
Bah. We know what would happen when new chapter outed here.
1. People start complaining that img is not found (cause it would be last chapter only and you need a save).
2. They won't use patch, so game propably won't even run.
3. People start complaining that NTR scenes is a lot better than vanilla scenes.

Its almost like tradition.

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
1. People start complaining that img is not found (cause it would be last chapter only and you need a save).
3. People start complaining that NTR scenes is a lot better than vanilla scenes.

Yeah, dev also following the same tradition with what if NTRs. Doesn't want to change or improve. So, why players will?

ScareKing

May 27, 2017
Yeah, dev also following the same tradition with what if NTRs. Doesn't want to change or improve. So, why players will?
Aren't you a bit early to start? Dev doesn't follow any tradition with What Ifs, it's all the top tier members who choose what happens, if everyone who comes here crying about What If pays and votes on his patreon, you could choose whatever you want, and complain about what people who keep this game alive choose is pointless.

Miliryan

Jun 15, 2022

Me, while preparing myself for this battle.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: Fayn Arawn

yourmomma

Apr 4, 2018
I don't know, I love the What ifs. The dev has specifically said they don't cut into main game development time and I find them hilarious and keeps the momentum going until the next release.

Plus they're a nice insight to how things could go really bad if things went a different way from cannon.

Sometimes I feel like people need to lighten up and or just like hearing themselves complaining about things. I mean seriously if you don't like a game move on. Constructive criticism is one thing, but 870 pages worth of nonstop bitching about NTR, in an NTR game ( that specifically makes it optional) is childish and reaks of control issues.

Reactions: ScareKing

EEVV123

May 21, 2021
What If VOL8 is out, you can download it from the main page.
Next update - 11th chapter of the main game in february.
The version i downloaded ended with Ophelia running to the bathroom and "to be continued" screen so i assumed there was more.

4.20 star(s) 368 Votes