Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
I said that he is a person with a good moral compass that isn't really himself right now.
My reply was an answer to what dartred previously said. Maybe I should have quoted him directly in order to avoid any misunderstanding. I feel like there's no point continuing arguing about this topic, since apparently following someone with blind faith and becoming an accomplice to a crime is all nice&well as long a you express your displeasure after the fact and blaming it all on drugs seems like a bullet proof defense too...

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
In my opinion those examples don't really constitute strong foreshadowing to the level that we got.

The first one is them playing a game where they seem to just be doing wacky things so I can't say it's foreshadowing. It seemed to me like just some random bullshitting on a game none of them had a stake in personally. I was fine with that. Nothing of this convo to me insinuates a future where an unavoidable LI would be into dogs.

I can't recall the context of the second one but I also don't think it hints hard in that direction either.
Even if it's not strong, the smallest amount of foreshadowing is enough. Also in CH 5, they foreshadow bears are near. CH 10, Sterling is killed by a bear. You wouldn't have thought a bear would ever show up from that little conversation, but it's just to tell the readers that it's there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You really never know what in a conversation will ever be brought up again later. So it's just safe to assume that if they talk about it, be open to it showing up again.

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
My reply was an answer to what dartred previously said. Maybe I should have quoted him directly in order to avoid any misunderstanding. I feel like there's no point continuing arguing about this topic, since apparently following someone with blind faith and becoming an accomplice to a crime is all nice&well as long a you express your displeasure after the fact and blaming it all on drugs seems like a bullet proof defense too...
We should bear in mind the sequence of events.

Brenna didn't tell Sterling what she was drawing, and he didn't figure it out until she was almost done. She didn't tell him the details of her plan.

It stands to reason that Sterling would've been more resistant had he known these things sooner. That's his defense, if one is needed.

Jun 22, 2019
The dog part...Yeah, didn't see that coming. Far from the worst thing I've come across, but still not great. At least there was a choice at the end of that to keep it from going all in. Literally.

The neo-Nazi thing, yeah. Her drawing a swastika on him, and him still going with it long enough to get laid? Yeah, that's not a great look for him. Yes, he was pissed after it, but Brenna going that far was the first time I have genuinely not liked part of this game. No, I don't do the NTR scenes, they're not my thing. At all. But for the main game? Yeah.

DanteRed

Oct 28, 2020
I get your point, but WWG is known to foreshadow events long before they happen. These are two different scenes from CH 5. Bestiality talk has been in the game for a while. second image might not be direct bestiality talk, but it can be used as an easy tie in. So who it happens with you can say it was random, but that it happened at all, not so much.

Eh, I get what you're saying and I agree that WWG is usually pretty good on the foreshadowing front. But those two examples that you gave are ... not pretty good. The first one is just a joke and the one from Aliza is a comment that should remind us that what? dogs exist in this world?
I'll give you about the one with the bears though. That one was solid. Still, while Rebecca isn't an important character, I don't really see the point of having that scene. I wasn't bothered by it since I played worse. It just felt out of place for this game. Although seeing Sterling eaten by a bear was kind of out of place as well.

• Haha
Reactions: AlphaBit

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
Good to know blackmailing isn't illegal in the US, even though they were kind of blackmailed before, although the time Brenna mentioned didn't feel like that much of a threat.

Last edited:

DanteRed

Oct 28, 2020
No, i consider that he hated what she was doing and what it stood for, as MC having a good moral compass. He let it play out because Brenna kept telling him it was part of a plan. A plan that MC couldn't know what it would involve. He saw the plan and hated it. That's good morals. Bad morals would be if he liked any part of the plan.

so again, people are ignoring that MC hated what Brenna did.
I agree with you on this front. A lot of people forget that Sterling trusts Brenna. Sure, he wasn't happy about having that symbol on his chest but he trusted Brenna to know what she's doing. Seeing the end result upset him because he realized that what she did to the clerk girl was overkill.

I know it's bad now but people are acting like they never did something that seemed like a good idea at the time and some time later realized that they were dicks for doing it.

Besides, I'm sure that in the next chapter, Sterling will convince Brenna to apologize to clerk girl (or even better, she'll realize herself that she needs to apologize) and they'll make up by having a hot, steamy threesome. Or maybe a foursome if they bring Eva along.

Duke4515

Jul 8, 2017
Even if it's not strong, the smallest amount of foreshadowing is enough. Also in CH 5, they foreshadow bears are near. CH 10, Sterling is killed by a bear. You wouldn't have thought a bear would ever show up from that little conversation, but it's just to tell the readers that it's there.
You really never know what in a conversation will ever be brought up again later. So it's just safe to assume that if they talk about it, be open to it showing up again.
I disagree; an innocuous convo that doesn't imply much and with very little to do in terms of the main story, wouldn't constitute foreshadowing or at least good foreshadowing. I'm not a mind reader and in no way would I have guessed that small wacky scene would foreshadow Rebecca.

Just because Lucia likes to play games where she has a dick and likes it doesn't mean I should expect her to start growing one or that I would be forced to get involved with a LI in a similar scenario. Funny enough I find her convos to be better foreshadowing that could have led to someone like Drew. The others don't hit the same way.

lightpower

Oct 12, 2018
full of crashes and missed images or it's just because is a test of c11? need a c10 save? can u share it? thank u

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
Good to know blackmailing isn't illegal in the US, even though the were kind of blackmailed before, although the time Brenna mentioned didn't feel like that much of a threat.
I can't tell if you're intentionally making a strawman argument. I see two distinct issues: 1) Nazi imagery and 2) blackmail. Many have complained specifically about the Nazi imagery, and I was only addressing that. TBH I don't know much about blackmail laws.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I agree with you on this front. A lot of people forget that Sterling trusts Brenna.
This right here should be the end all of the arguement. Sterling trusted Brenna, not the plan. He didn't know what the plan was after all. Brenna is the one who took advantage of his trust.

There's this saying i saw in a meme.
"what if I break your trust someday?"
"trusting you is my decision, proving me wrong is your choice"

Orichan

Sep 6, 2017
I'm not sure why 2 minutes into the game the mother tell the MC she had to redecorate his room because he apparently "painted" the ceiling and walls with his semen, wth
And all he got to say about it is that he "got better at aiming", ???

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I'm not sure why 2 minutes into the game the mother tell the MC she had to redecorate his room because he apparently "painted" the ceiling and walls with his semen, wth
And all he got to say about it is that he "got better at aiming", ???
It's like finding his cum sock. Except his sock was the walls. She has to call him out on it once it was found.

4.20 star(s) 368 Votes