Liam the Handyman

Jan 24, 2021
IMO, the best way to go about thinking is that for the main game, Sterling is the mc whereas for the what ifs, Hunter is the mc. :ROFLMAO:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I'm curious
what is WWG, Writer?, Coder?, Artist?, ?? (not sure what other roles these teams break down into).
Who else is on the team?, do they visit here?

randomnamez

Aug 1, 2018
Really...? Dev is doing a great job, as in making sure content is out regularly with what ifs.... and there are people actually complaining about "regular content"...
But still, hope Dev do what he likes and don't get affected by the people who are just trolling....

char_2.0

Jul 15, 2021
This last What IF has been great, I think it has been the one I liked the most. At first I was very upset, as I suppose many are, about not continuing with the main story, but when I played it, my anger subsided. Maybe the wisest thing would have been to postpone this last What If until after we've released an Update to the main story, but I guess the tantrums of the angry rabble on the f95zone forum reached the ears of the Dev, although I don't know how much he cares Haha!

zaimokuza

Sep 1, 2017
Any chance for the what ifs to be integrated into the main game?
Not the main game mechanic in itself since NTR haters may burn the house, but more make getting included in the main game home page, that way we can simply choose to play the main game of the what if game in one place, rather than downloading these separate files
I forgot which game it is, but it has this one function that if you place the dlc file (in this case a xmas one) in the game folder, the Xmas episode option will automatically appear in the home page

Heitcaho

Jul 16, 2017
Honestly the quality in this game is great and the amount of jokes that actually land are impressive. Some characters like the younger roommate have gotten real go away feelings from me, but this is probably one of the top 10 games going on this site.

A big negative is the ever increasing dev time, and a rather unfortunate side effect in terms of production visuals is the What If speeds had(?) increased and is on pace to outnumber Main updates in the future. I even was a patreon supporter for a while, but it does get on people's nerves when it takes six months to get the main game while the What Ifs are released much more often.

I think this Dev is probably a good dude, this whole situation was just a real calamity of things falling on tops of each other. I do wonder why the What Ifs don't have their own forum, it might prevent this in the future and two other games on this site have it set up that way. Kind of baffling the Mods didn't make that happen while it was locked down.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
A big negative is the ever increasing dev time, and a rather unfortunate side effect in terms of production visuals is the What If speeds had(?) increased and is on pace to outnumber Main updates in the future. I even was a patreon supporter for a while, but it does get on people's nerves when it takes six months to get the main game while the What Ifs are released much more often.
The increase in time is because the chapters are getting bigger. We are getting more content per update.

What if speed has NOT increased. It has always been 1 per month ever since it released. It WILL outnumber main updates, because that's how it works when 1 updates every month and the other, roughly every 5 months.

We need people like you to stop spreading misinformation and adding fuel to the fire. that's why this thread got locked up and cleaned in the first place.

Again, for clarity. He works on main game a certain amount each day. Then, when he is done and has free time, he works on what ifs. The what ifs are not causing main game to take any longer then before. The increase in development has started before what ifs were a thing, because the dev is making each chapter longer.

Heitcaho

Jul 16, 2017
What if speed has NOT increased.
You're right, my memory was a bit off and I even donated a dollar just to go check dates and outside of a repost I believe it has been every month my bad.

Assuming work started directly after update 9, the pace is set about 13.5 to 17% give or take every month according to the numbers on Patreon. I don't know the number of renders 10 will have and I can't find how many Chapter 9 included so you may have those numbers which I don't. The game has set a pace of around 6 months if 10 comes out in May which I saw some people say.

Two updates a year, unless the render count increases dramatically is what caused me to pull out. That is my point and a lot of people will either not listen or disregard render increase and probably got real hyped to see an update just to be disappointed.

And it got shut down because of insults involving those 3 letters from what I could discern, not me or anyone stating the update time is slow.

Last edited:

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I don't know the number of renders 10 will have and I can't find how many Chapter 9 included so you may have those numbers which I don't.
You can just open the game folders and see how many renders each individual update has, starting from CH 5 on. Posting this so people can see how much bigger each chapter got from the next

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Heitcaho

Jul 16, 2017
You can just open the game folders and see how many renders each individual update has, starting from CH 5 on. Posting this so people can see how much bigger each chapter got from the next

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Totally missed the obviously marked folders V5 and so on :D thanks for pointing that out.

shymi

Feb 24, 2018
I loved (almost of all) it, the best spin off of the game until now, seconded by What If One. Great narrative, great images. so great, great job. Nevertheless, I cannot fail to mention that I would like to play this version with incest path (optional or not). Hunter is no more Ophelias father, neither Brenna grandpop, just a warden? Seriously? I cannot accepted that. I need to complain (hahaha). Continue to that hilarious great work. Tks a lot. (P.S.: I'm anxiously waiting for Chapter 10, to see what will happens with the family after Drew's arrival at house, as a very beautiful female transgender. Oh my God...)
The uncensor patch also works for the What Ifs.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
He is doing it as a thank you for those who choose to pledge $20. that's why it doesn't unlock over time or to other tiers. That's also why $10 tier has wallpapers. That's their form of thank you. Yes, there was an increase to pledges after he implemented it. that's due to more people wanting to get in on the what ifs.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
Wow - WhatIf6 was HOT! :love: But I found it quite cruel to let it stop just a fee moments too early - before the threesome could take place and later both could show their big, pregnant bellies. :cry:

4.20 star(s) 369 Votes