3.10 star(s) 75 Votes

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Is this "legit"? ;)
I mean is the developer really intentional preventing the community here to unpack the games rpa´s?
Can someone else confirm this?

cat_shock.gif

Why don't you take a look in the unren support thread and read some of the 2000+ posts(as of now) there? :LOL: At least 300-400 of them are about such situations where unpacking not worked. :rolleyes:

Or you compare the code i posted... or test with the modified rpakit for yourself what i explained. :HideThePain:

Reactions: Apostate

Apostate

Oct 14, 2017
I kept thinking that your answers determined who chased you to the restroom, but after trying a few combinations I'm pretty sure they don't. Is that right?

Welshie

May 28, 2017
Unless you are expecting a site full of psychics how are we supposed to know if it has any content you want to play?

It has content, whether you want to play it or not I have no idea.
When did I say that I wanted someone else to tell me if I'd like the content?

If you read the full message, I was asking if there was a way to extract actual images from the RPA files in the download. I then have a look at the images and decide for myself if there is content I want to play.

If you have an answer, by all means share it. Otherwise, don't have a go at someone for your misunderstanding of their post. Thank you.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I kept thinking that your answers determined who chased you to the restroom, but after trying a few combinations I'm pretty sure they don't. Is that right?
:unsure:
You talk to me, or not? If yes, then i am sorry. I do not understand the saying/phrase you use there. :oops:

Welshie: You could go a bit back and read from here: post-5357010 I explained how. It needs however a little bit work in the terminal. And a python installation.

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
Why don't you take a look in the unren support thread and read some of the 2000+ posts(as of now) there? :LOL: At least 300-400 of them are about such situations where unpacking not worked. :rolleyes:

Or you compare the code i posted... or test with the modified rpakit for yourself what i explained. :HideThePain:
I was not trying to offend you (if you feel offended ^^) ... on the contrary ... I believe your statement ... I was looking for another one who can confirm this - because I dont have Renpy SDK installed (and do not intend to^^) ... It would help me with my consideration to stop my support for the dev Burst Out Games because imo its a despicable behavior if he did this intentional and I do not want to reward such actions.

thx for your answers and information Madeddy

Hrothgar

Aug 11, 2018
I'm looking forward to see just where the creators take us on this ride given the hints buried in the mountain of memes. Just what are Tilly's goals (or Lillith as I renamed her with all that name entails)? How long has she been influencing other people? In light of the information starting two years ago, a number of things happened to the main characters in the story that may have been coincidence (accident, coma, incident, cheating and divorce, Val getting her act together) or may be connected. How much of our MC's behaviour and thoughts are totally his own, how much has been influenced by Tilly? I've played a lot of games where as the protagonist you manipulate and corrupt others, but in this game you may be the one being manipulated and corrupted as Tilley builds a family according to her specifications. Is Nika a foreign agent? We'll see what happens when she meets up with our MC in the gym. She's already taken note of his self-healing ability and may be trying to probe to see if there are any other anomalies. Was Stacey acting on her own volition when she cheated, or was this part of Tilly's plan? In my play through I've forgiven her largely because she may not be at fault, but more importantly because I'm worried what Tilly might do to her if I become hostile towards her. We've seen the meme references to Xmen and Nietzsche, is this a story of the rise of the Ubermensch? (or the Ubermadchen?)

Skrotum

Apr 12, 2020
why shows the anti vir that it is a listed virus,trojan whatever!? the sec. i unzipped it ,the warning came....
Same here. Microsoft defender did put it into quarantine.

PowersThatBe-v0.4.0-pc\PowersThatBe-32.exe
Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml

Hrothgar

Aug 11, 2018
Antivirus software really dislikes the latest renpy iteration. When I download files my AV (Trend) scans and gives the all clear, but both windows defender and the AV then need me to approve running the program. I suspect the AV kicks in when renpy creates a save folder in appdata, but I have no desire to dive that deep into code to figure it out. Just remember that you wait a couple of hours after it is posted, any malware will likely be reported in the thread as an actual threat, not an AV false alarm.

Raizen-sama

Oct 20, 2017
So I just played this game for the first time and to be honest I kinda like it. The only problem I have is the fact that the main female character is very repulsive to me... That face just looks horrible and it is gonna haunt me someday. On the plus side the daughter and your boss are beautiful so it kinda balance the situation.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
i deleted the powersthatbe32.exe and the warning stopped ...seems to work ok too
It was a False Positive, but since you do not need the 32 bit version that was the easiest thing to do. Now it is happy again.

The D0n

Feb 7, 2020
So I just played this game for the first time and to be honest I kinda like it. The only problem I have is the fact that the main female character is very repulsive to me... That face just looks horrible and it is gonna haunt me someday. On the plus side the daughter and your boss are beautiful so it kinda balance the situation.
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome the game.... needs a horror tag.

Finisher69

Feb 22, 2020
Why the F the developer mentions "Number of renders brought upto" instead of the "Number of new renders"?
Is he/she pretend trying to fool the patreons?

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
I was not trying to offend you (if you feel offended ^^) ... on the contrary ... I dont have Renpy SDK installed (and do not intend to^^) ...
No offense taken. I was just surprised because i put the data forward. I agree even to not blindly believing everything was others say and checking first. :cool:
You don't need to DL/install Renpy SDK to check this two files: The modified one you have in your game in .../renpy/loader.py line 127, the original you view in the .
... It would help me with my consideration to stop my support for the dev Burst Out Games because imo its a despicable behavior if he did this intentional and I do not want to reward such actions...
I wouldn't go this far and be this hard on the developer.
Like i explained here i am of the opinion there can be good reasons to hide stuff a bit(rather trying). Most devs which do this give the info how to get around it anyway to translators, modders etc. if you ask. In the end its a moot point - we get around it. Every time. :giggle:

Greets

Reactions: PPLayer
3.10 star(s) 75 Votes