Others Predation [v0.2.1.0] [HornedLizardStudios, Veronika Repo]

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes

mimospros

Apr 2, 2018
I'm still surprised people do support projects like these.
I mean this was dead and wasn't updated for quite some time.
You basically pay monthly for nothing.

Edit: Fixed grammar a little, damn sometimes my brain refuse to english.
Game updated to v 2.0.7 7 days ago, you can find it on Itch.
Copypaste:
A big update on the project!
» Devlog
7 days ago by
Share this post:

Greetings everyone on Itch!

First of all I need to say I'm sorry for not posting here much lately! I've been doing a lot of things at once, but finally, I quit my part time job, so that I can focus entirely on Predation for the next couple of years, or possibly even longer!

We set up a role picker in our discord server at where you can pick between receiving very frequent updates or pings when a new big update releases!

We're already working hard on level 2 and a couple of new enemies!

So if you can, please feel free to join our Discord server and keep track of things there as we work towards a new release!

Thank you all <3

xana94

Nov 13, 2021
Game updated to v 2.0.7 7 days ago, you can find it on Itch.
Copypaste:
A big update on the project!
» Devlog
7 days ago by
Share this post:

Greetings everyone on Itch!

First of all I need to say I'm sorry for not posting here much lately! I've been doing a lot of things at once, but finally, I quit my part time job, so that I can focus entirely on Predation for the next couple of years, or possibly even longer!

We set up a role picker in our discord server at where you can pick between receiving very frequent updates or pings when a new big update releases!

We're already working hard on level 2 and a couple of new enemies!

So if you can, please feel free to join our Discord server and keep track of things there as we work towards a new release!

Thank you all <3
Uncensored version with feral dogs available here

Greetings everyone, it's me Tib/Vero!

I'm really sorry I couldn't get the build out yesterday, my arm is still not the best, but I managed to get things together and get the build out now! Here's a quick rundown of the changes:
  • Fixed a crash related to pausing during a starting cutscene
  • Fixed a crash related to pausing during the bossfight
  • Fixed a crash related to old saves being used (we’ll make sure saves are compatible before we release Level 2!)
  • Fixed a few minor graphical glitches or incorrect / missing sprites
  • Fixed a crash related to saving and loading games under very specific circumstances
  • Removed the Syringe gun from the hard-to-find saferoom, and moved it close to the ending of the tutorial, to make sure players don’t miss it
  • The Syringes will now also heal some infection
  • Replaced the “new game” button to “start game” in the main menu to make it less confusing
  • Added a new button to the main menu that will take you to a small demo of the new Player combat and movement we’ve been working on, complete with more sprite frames, better transition between states and a completely new block mechanic! Also added a new OST to this area, which will later be used for a remade intro for the game. Feedback for this area is very welcome!
Because I've been working almost exclusively on the new player system, I didn't have time to work on the current AI, because that will almost entirely be scrapped once I'm finished, in favor of the new, much improved system!
We hope you enjoy, and as always, feedback is very welcome, both positive and negative, just don't be rude please <3 I'll do my best to work on more and more updates, to finish the AI and the new player, then we move onto Level 2 with full force!

Have fun!
-Tib/Vero”

MTCF

Aug 31, 2017
Mostly everything that could "possibly" be fixed, and mechanic changes so i guess it's fine.

Wish them luck tho', quitting a job for 100% focus on a game it's a gamble

deekinftw

Mar 22, 2018
There is no update. There's a new post on the itch website, but not an actual game update. The game has not been updated since May of last year, and this is still the case.

SAM s-300

Aug 4, 2017
okay how do get it to fullscreen and been some time when do i need to click again to pass the warning screen ?

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
all drivers up to date, what else could it be?
What are your specs?

DX11 Supported GPU is a minimum and without it this error can occur.

A very similar issue happened for this steam game with almost EXACT same error . Make sure you are on DX11 GPU (if on laptop your pc can sometimes choose iGPU over Dedicated one)

Last edited:

MTCF

Aug 31, 2017
You know considering the version with the dog is the "uncensored" one, i wonder if the dev is planning to add more beasts or something else to be in the area

Mostly because having to deal with versions of the game might be annoying, but mostly patreons policy fault.

Xol

Sep 11, 2017
You know considering the version with the dog is the "uncensored" one, i wonder if the dev is planning to add more beasts or something else to be in the area

Mostly because having to deal with versions of the game might be annoying, but mostly patreons policy fault.
Unfortunately I doubt it. The dogs were added very early on before Patreon got all micro-managey about it. The only reason there's a second version is because the dev had to make one to comply with them content that they went through the trouble of making and implementing to people that enjoy and want it. You know, that thing I wish certain other devs would do rather than completely capitulate and take away content that already existed with no way of getting it back outside of Patreon's tendrils.

Basically, fuck Patreon a million times over.

Valeria Gomez

Dec 22, 2018
Damn, this game scared me. Last year i downloaded the previous version of the game and all was fine, was a short demo but overall good. I came back today to see the update, i couldn't notice anything new cause the game was buggy (at least for me cause i have a garbage PC) but something strange happened, i paused and unpaused the game, and my character fell of the world, then the screen slowly faded to black like when you are defeated and have to retry, but instead of giving me the option to retry, the POV of the game changed to a 3D first person view, and the scenario was like a small room with yellow walls and the floor had a texture similar to dirt, i could move the camera with the mouse but then the music of the game bugged and the game closed, that scared the sh*t out of me cause i felt like if i was in a creepypasta or something. Does anyone has encountered anything similar? how common is for a game to suddenly change from 2d sidescroller to a first person view 3d game?

• Haha
Reactions: masMalkar

bobbot

May 10, 2018
Damn, this game scared me. Last year i downloaded the previous version of the game and all was fine, was a short demo but overall good. I came back today to see the update, i couldn't notice anything new cause the game was buggy (at least for me cause i have a garbage PC) but something strange happened, i paused and unpaused the game, and my character fell of the world, then the screen slowly faded to black like when you are defeated and have to retry, but instead of giving me the option to retry, the POV of the game changed to a 3D first person view, and the scenario was like a small room with yellow walls and the floor had a texture similar to dirt, i could move the camera with the mouse but then the music of the game bugged and the game closed, that scared the sh*t out of me cause i felt like if i was in a creepypasta or something. Does anyone has encountered anything similar? how common is for a game to suddenly change from 2d sidescroller to a first person view 3d game?
ah you found the backrooms easteregg normaly you use the noclip command to cause amber to fall thru the floor...

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes