Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
seems someone has created a torrent, thanks

Valaska I will use the crack until the game is available on steam ;) patreon wanted me to complete all this identity verification
lol I mean... steam/valve do too, same info even. If you do 2FA with Valve they get your phone number and what not too. Patreon isn't really as bad as people let them out to be, but we do have a subscibestar too.

Treaddd

Apr 2, 2021
I'm just curious...why does the dev bother hiding each update behind a paywall when they KNOW each update will be cracked in a short amount of time? Does inconveniencing people get hem off somehow? I'm not trying to be an ass but...

Reactions: Dimmadunk

xorxorrax

Modder
Apr 12, 2020
I'm just curious...why does the dev bother hiding each update behind a paywall when they KNOW each update will be cracked in a short amount of time? Does inconveniencing people get hem off somehow? I'm not trying to be an ass but...
If you want to make video games for a living it is a logical step to try to protect your ability to make money off of that hard work imo. It's not about convenience, it's to keep honest people honest.

Treaddd

Apr 2, 2021
If you want to make video games for a living it is a logical step to try to protect your ability to make money off of that hard work imo. It's not about convenience, it's to keep honest people honest.
People aren't going to go be honest when it comes to downloading games, are you insane? People will ALWAYS find ways to pirate games, the only logical step is to provide an option for them to be downloaded for free. EVERY game will eventually be cracked, NO EXCEPTIONS. Devs can either accept this or not.

xorxorrax

Modder
Apr 12, 2020
People aren't going to go be honest when it comes to downloading games, are you insane?
Yah I am insane, I buy games I like. :WaitWhat:
People will ALWAYS find ways to pirate games, the only logical step is to provide an option for them to be downloaded for free. EVERY game will eventually be cracked, NO EXCEPTIONS.
At this point why not leave your door open when you leave your house. EVERY door can be opened by an experienced enough locksmith.
The analogy might not be the best, but you are talking crazy.

Apr 2, 2018
I have a weird glitch where shops don't work properly, their UI gets messed up and I can't click anything, nor does it show any of the merchant's wares. Any help?

lucratif

Oct 24, 2018
FWIW, the game was updated from Unity 2019.x to 2021.3.12. So my PatreonPatch (or any BepInEx plugins) won't work until are ironed out. It might take a while though and the plugin may need to be rewritten since the project was restructured.
TL;DR: For now, directly patching the assembly is easier.

Build 25 was released:

Mega
Gallery code: tail

GameAssembly_25_0_Windows_x64.zip is only for Build 25.0 on Windows x64.
GameAssembly_25_1_Windows_x64.zip is only for Build 25.1 on Windows x64.
I don't really understand what this files are for exactly ?

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
People aren't going to go be honest when it comes to downloading games, are you insane? People will ALWAYS find ways to pirate games, the only logical step is to provide an option for them to be downloaded for free. EVERY game will eventually be cracked, NO EXCEPTIONS. Devs can either accept this or not.
We do have a free download, with over 8 hours of gameplay, over a dozen scenes, and provides the demo to see if people want to support our project further or not... which is the main argument I can agree with in terms of "piracy" in that, you don't have a demo so you need to download the rip to see if you like it or not. It's also the primary argument I hear supporting privacy!

But we do provide a demo, one with 8 hours+ of content... and at the same time we are making an extensive project that requires a ton of resources, time, and dedication by the team.

And we could... make an uncrackable game, if we wanted to. There are ways to do it and some adult games actually do it now. They invalidate your game each update, they tag objects in the game with hidden keys, check back to servers, require logins etc. But we don't want to inconvenience the people who support us. So this mild bit of buffering is all we will do. We're extremely grateful and thankful of all our supporters, and to the people who pirate the game...

There are many with valid reasons. Some people honestly can't afford it and that's fine. Others are a bit uncertain due to other failed projects, while many don't know we offer a free demo to try it out and see if you want to support it. Some yet threw support at some point and might have put in the amount they feel it was worth and now follow the cracked version... and still, we thank these people for the support they gave us and we're going to be providing keys to people who supported X amount (TBD) with the full game. It'll be discounted to our final price of course.

But to people who just want to pirate the game and will never support us and plan to never support us... I mean, I'm not sorry that we have such a minor inconvenience. We need to eat, pay our rent, etc too.

Has anything new happened in the public version or is it still mostly behind supporter walls?
Atm the combat changes etc are the public updates, no new scenes yet. We need to figure out what our permanent public demo version should have in total content-wise! We DEFINITELY have more content that has to be added to the public demo, as we plan to have fishing, CYOA text adventures, and a few other bits of side content. All these things need to be in the demo so people get a real feel and full taste for what the final version is.

I want to provide a LEGIT demo. Like the old ones people used to play at school LAN parties etc, Red Faction, Black Hawk Down, etc. Something that provides all the gameplay loops but excise the rest of the content so you just get more of what you love, not an incomplete fragment... a lot of live service/mobile games do that.

zombi147

Jul 23, 2019
How do I put an auto-translator on this game? ReiPathcher and BepInEx for IL2CPP don't work, or maybe I don't understand something
Thanks for the answer

doruido

Jul 1, 2020
But we do provide a demo, one with 8 hours+ of content... and at the same time we are making an extensive project that requires a ton of resources, time, and dedication by the team.
This is semi related, but I have been a build-access tier patron in the past. Obviously you guys should be paid for your work, especially since this is one of the best games on the market right now. However if I had kept my sub running since then I would be out hundreds of dollars, all for an early access game. If I kept re-subbing every time an update came out just to see what's new then I would have paid more than the price of a full AAA game. This is a niche market and all but still, not a very good deal either way.

I would strongly recommend lowering the price for build access. Arc (Corrupted Kingdoms) have it at like 1$ a month and they are making a killing, with a fraction of your production value. Failing that, buying the game up front would also be nice. Assuming there are any plans to finish it at some point.

xorxorrax

Modder
Apr 12, 2020
How do I put an auto-translator on this game? ReiPathcher and BepInEx for IL2CPP don't work, or maybe I don't understand something
Thanks for the answer
Il2CppInterop library used by those tools doesn't support the new unity version used in the latest build. You can track progress for that or . There is a , with some progress recently but it doesn't work for this game.

Your best bet would be getting a older version of the game (24.2 or older).
Even then Il2Cpp auto-translation was pretty broken the last time i tried it in another game.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
This is semi related, but I have been a build-access tier patron in the past. Obviously you guys should be paid for your work, especially since this is one of the best games on the market right now. However if I had kept my sub running since then I would be out hundreds of dollars, all for an early access game. If I kept re-subbing every time an update came out just to see what's new then I would have paid more than the price of a full AAA game. This is a niche market and all but still, not a very good deal either way.

I would strongly recommend lowering the price for build access. Arc (Corrupted Kingdoms) have it at like 1$ a month and they are making a killing, with a fraction of your production value. Failing that, buying the game up front would also be nice. Assuming there are any plans to finish it at some point.
Yeahfor sure, that was one of the thingies I listed and I get it. Patreon etc is more of a way for people to help fund things to be made and some people just want the end product which is fine.

We'll be putting PFF:A out to steam for sure when finished and other distribution options.

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes