MEMMOLESTU

May 10, 2018
I started playing this game just yesterday and I loved it to bits but when I came back to it today it loaded to the menu and it played the menu music but i couldnt interact with anything does anyone know how to fix it

Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
I started playing this game just yesterday and I loved it to bits but when I came back to it today it loaded to the menu and it played the menu music but i couldnt interact with anything does anyone know how to fix it
Howdy! I'm going to talk to our programmer here and show him your issue, hopefully we can get that fixed... we had that issue with a few older builds, and it would really help if you came to the discord and worked with deck on the issue.

Yea. exactly that. Never got in on the kickstarter for it but really regret it.
Haha, the coincidence is for a reason. Arbuz is obsessed with the game and a total weeb for it. Our bleed system and ai cards is inspired by Kingdom Death!

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
@Valaska I saw you on Adeptus Steve's page, I would love to see a colab between you two, you guys are some of the best creators on Patreon. Of course I don't know how a colab would function when it's a 3d game, and it takes him week's to make a model from scratch.

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
Er hmm... Windows 10 64bit... game crashes on launch.

Oddly, I have another computer where this doesn't happen... but the game does launch very sluggishly on that one. Loading the game takes about a minute during which the game appears to have stopped responding.

Spyrø

Jan 4, 2018
this game so great! I enjoy all the content of this game.. i love the art style, storyline ,music and that thingy.. i mean.. ahem~ :sneaky:, its just that this game bit laggy when i entered the underground.. idk why(?) i think thats because my lovely AMD graphic card to old.. maybe.. but yeah! im looking forward for further updates & improvement !

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
this game so great! I enjoy all the content of this game.. i love the art style, storyline ,music and that thingy.. i mean.. ahem~ :sneaky:, its just that this game bit laggy when i entered the underground.. idk why(?) i think thats because my lovely AMD graphic card to old.. maybe.. but yeah! im looking forward for further updates & improvement !
Hm! Anything from the R9 line should be fine for the most part, it's abit of a stretch for HD's, a 7970 might get a little behind now and then but should reasonably be good enough. Below that though yeah would be struggling pretty bad!

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
Hm! Anything from the R9 line should be fine for the most part, it's abit of a stretch for HD's, a 7970 might get a little behind now and then but should reasonably be good enough. Below that though yeah would be struggling pretty bad!
Anything from the R9 line? Ehhh... that's a bit confusing.

Like some R7s more powerful than some R9s. And there are even some HD series more powerful than the low end R9s. My R9 390, for example, is roughly as powerful as an RX 580 but also about as powerful as a HD 7990. And all three of those are more powerful than say... an RX 560.

The R* is just the technology used in the GPU... It's more like "R1 122" where:

1 = technology used in the GPU (what features it has)
2 = relative power compared to other GPUs with the same technology

And that's without even touching on video memory.

Or is it a specific capability introduced in the R9 series that it needs? That'd be asking a bit much for this type of game me thinks.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Anything from the R9 line? Ehhh... that's a bit confusing.

Like some R7s more powerful than some R9s. And there are even some HD series more powerful than the low end R9s. My R9 390, for example, is roughly as powerful as an RX 580 but also about as powerful as a HD 7990. And all three of those are more powerful than say... an RX 560.

The R* is just the technology used in the GPU... It's more like "R1 122" where:

1 = technology used in the GPU (what features it has)
2 = relative power compared to other GPUs with the same technology

And that's without even touching on video memory.

Or is it a specific capability introduced in the R9 series that it needs? That'd be asking a bit much for this type of game me thinks.
Hm wait, you have an R9 390 and you are hitting performance issues? That shouldn't be that bad since my R9 290x is only slightly faster than the 390! You've probably already cleaned the heatsink on your GPU and cleaned off the fans? Have you monitored your thermals? You might be hitting TJ Max which could be throttling your GPU, if you've cleaned it out recently... would you mind recording the thermals for me?

If you are hitting high temperatures despite it being clean (or a good airflow case) then it might be something a bit more complicated, which would be your thermal compound between the heat spreader and the cooler plate. It's not too tough to fix just a little time consuming, some GPU's can have weird and stupid "anti-tamper" measures like security screws or soldered... sometimes WELDED nuts to bolts to keep you from opening them up. Most AMD GPU's avoided that nonsense shenanigans though. Basically, it's removing all the screws, keeping careful of the 4 pin connector ribbon cable to the cooler plate and its fans and applying a thermal compound (liberally) that isn't conductive to the IHS.

Where it can get tricky, though... are these stupid mushy things called thermal pads. You NEED to replace them with thermal pads as compound will actually not accomplish the desired affect. If they are dirty (with dust bunnies etc) then you need to replace them.

Reactions: Spyrø

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
Hm wait, you have an R9 390 and you are hitting performance issues? That shouldn't be that bad since my R9 290x is only slightly faster than the 390! You've probably already cleaned the heatsink on your GPU and cleaned off the fans? Have you monitored your thermals? You might be hitting TJ Max which could be throttling your GPU, if you've cleaned it out recently... would you mind recording the thermals for me?

If you are hitting high temperatures despite it being clean (or a good airflow case) then it might be something a bit more complicated, which would be your thermal compound between the heat spreader and the cooler plate. It's not too tough to fix just a little time consuming, some GPU's can have weird and stupid "anti-tamper" measures like security screws or soldered... sometimes WELDED nuts to bolts to keep you from opening them up. Most AMD GPU's avoided that nonsense shenanigans though. Basically, it's removing all the screws, keeping careful of the 4 pin connector ribbon cable to the cooler plate and its fans and applying a thermal compound (liberally) that isn't conductive to the IHS.

Where it can get tricky, though... are these stupid mushy things called thermal pads. You NEED to replace them with thermal pads as compound will actually not accomplish the desired affect. If they are dirty (with dust bunnies etc) then you need to replace them.
The system with the R9 390 is the one that was crashing outright (see crash logs and dump I attached above). The one that's sluggish is a slate computer with an integrated Intel gpu on the cpu. Which, combined with what you said, explains why the performance hit. Still seems odd that this game would require much in the way of 3d rendering "horsepower".

What's really odd is that the system where the game was crashing now, without explanation, runs the game with no problem. The game runs fine on that system now, no crashing or performance issues.

Also, just to save you some typing in the future, I happen to be a professional computer tech. I appreciate the attempt to help though. A lot of devs get pretty salty when you come to them complaints about crashes. It's nice when the first reaction is to try to be helpful instead.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
The system with the R9 390 is the one that was crashing outright (see crash logs and dump I attached above). The one that's sluggish is a slate computer with an integrated Intel gpu on the cpu. Which, combined with what you said, explains why the performance hit. Still seems odd that this game would require much in the way of 3d rendering "horsepower".

What's really odd is that the system where the game was crashing now, without explanation, runs the game with no problem. The game runs fine on that system now, no crashing or performance issues.

Also, just to save you some typing in the future, I happen to be a professional computer tech. I appreciate the attempt to help though. A lot of devs get pretty salty when you come to them complaints about crashes. It's nice when the first reaction is to try to be helpful instead.
Awesome, thanks a ton for the logs! Deck will be running through them in the future, I am a hardware guy not particularly software haha.

Oh props, I wanted to get into IT but I haven't gotten around to the certification test yet. Our main priority here isn't grandstanding or being shitty to our fans, potential partners, customers, etc... we want to make sure our product is running best we can and for as many people as we possibly can. Pointing a finger like some devs do is just silly haha, if a person's pride can't take that their stuff has faults then they must be pretty insecure about what they are doing. So we really appreciate hearing about issues and crashes and want to be thorough as humanly possible with a team of 5 people all at work!

Tae

Jun 18, 2017
What a bunch of legends. Would probably be my fav. game after full release. Hope to get more stories after you've done the core mechanics! stories like The Last Sovereign where there's Evil , Neutral , Good altho I could already see it with "Bestin" the bandit or whatever his name is. But yeah! can't wait for more! I love how npc's walk around town to make the game feel lively.
I love how the innkeep turns around allowing you to get in the kitchen. I love the passion you guys are putting in this game!

I could already imagine how the game would look like if you put day/night cycle after the implementation of shadows and fog.
I could already image sneaking behind bandits and stealing their shit. Just assumptions but wew the hype!

Anyways goodluck , Happy Holidays!

Also! this game reminds me of pillars of eternity: 2 , what a bunch of legends!

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
1.png

Oh my... I was not prepare....

625 patrons! This is just so much and its really humbling, my personal high goal was 500 by the end of this year to February... and you guys & gals have just floored us with this support. Kinda just, choked up here! Thank you all, so much.

626!

This has been the best Christmas ever. Except for that one I got Mechwarrior 4 for Christmas, but its PRETTY DAMN CLOSE! Well, I also got a skiidoo once too, but, yeah VERY close xD. Top 3.

What a bunch of legends. Would probably be my fav. game after full release. Hope to get more stories after you've done the core mechanics! stories like The Last Sovereign where there's Evil , Neutral , Good altho I could already see it with "Bestin" the bandit or whatever his name is. But yeah! can't wait for more! I love how npc's walk around town to make the game feel lively.
I love how the innkeep turns around allowing you to get in the kitchen. I love the passion you guys are putting in this game!

I could already imagine how the game would look like if you put day/night cycle after the implementation of shadows and fog.
I could already image sneaking behind bandits and stealing their shit. Just assumptions but wew the hype!

Anyways goodluck , Happy Holidays!

Also! this game reminds me of pillars of eternity: 2 , what a bunch of legends!
Oops I missed your message, sorry! Haha thanks a ton mate, being compared to PoE or Last Soverign is VERY flattering, both great games with some amazing devs behind them. Really love those guys and gals at Last Sovereign and what they do. We will definitely have a lot of options to ride the line but we won't really lock you into one path or the other, Benjin was a persona idea of how to set a bit of darkness in the universe. There's a few more moments too in the game already but, not many people want to be mean to Hiho it seems so they go unnoticed haha.

We might be more along the lines of day and night maps or missions that are dedicated to the time.... though if there's a way we can figure out how to darken the maps... ah, I can't promise anything liek that just yet haha. Maybe... grayscaling... No no, i can't promise or really speculate on that!

@Valaska I saw you on Adeptus Steve's page, I would love to see a colab between you two, you guys are some of the best creators on Patreon. Of course I don't know how a colab would function when it's a 3d game, and it takes him week's to make a model from scratch.
We'd love to collab with Wild Life, to be honest! Adeptus Steve has just set the bar for animations, fluids, and graphics when it comes to 3D Nsfw games. Heck, his models give some AAA games a run for their money. I just love their Kerpali and Maya is a suuuuper personal favourite, I think the other is Jenny? But jeez, the animations are amazing in that and I cannot wait for their fluid updates because holy... that's gonna just be something else.

Really curious about the gameplay they are going to have too. Sounds sort of like a narrative driven, but non-linear survival game. Hopefully they pull that off well, really watching this project closely.

Reactions: RedPillBlues

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
ether-tease-prep-text.png

Today we celebrate two milestones, the 20th anniversary of Baldurs Gate which has gone on to inspire developers and writers for years, and our one year anniversary of development! Here’s to many more years, and tribute those who laid the groundwork for this all to be possible!

We had no idea we shared our beginning development date with one of our biggest inspirations! Here's to another year, and hopefully delivering something that we can be proud of and you all will love. Thank you so much for being a part of this on our journey. We the whole team want to thank you all for sharing this journey with us. Our deepest thanks from;

Arbuz_Budesh
deck
Hurfy
SomeKindOfWizard
Valaska

And a special shout-out and thank you to all those who have helped us along the way with support, a helping hand, funding, or just plain old interest in the project and enjoying what we've done! We could not do this without you all backing us up. Named like August, Aoiichi, Psypup that we've contracted and worked with directly... thank you all so much too. Here's hoping we can create a legacy of our own!

PapaKangu

Jun 17, 2017
Hi, what were the new girls added to the game? I remembered I followed this game a long time ago and thinking of picking it back up again.

Tae

Jun 18, 2017
Hi, what were the new girls added to the game? I remembered I followed this game a long time ago and thinking of picking it back up again.
[Patreon build 7]
Yo, if you're talking about girls with scenes then if my memory serves me right:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There are 2 more without scenes just gallery:
1 Special char girl:

Mrow

Sep 12, 2017
So it looks like I'm missing the first unlock for the smithy girl Hera, if I already finished her quest, is there no way to go back to finish the unlock?

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
So it looks like I'm missing the first unlock for the smithy girl Hera, if I already finished her quest, is there no way to go back to finish the unlock?
Think this might be a bug, same thing happened to me. Maybe the full unlock code can fix this?(if anyone knows what it is, feel free to share) On an unrelated note, anyone know how to find all of the collectibles? So far I have found 3 from the first dungeon, are all of them found on dead bodies in it?

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes