Joyvankek

Dec 9, 2019
Haha nah she's just a random Ogre drawn by Arbuz. Same universe but yeah just a random one-off picture.

When you wear heavy ass things etc you get used to it with time. Wearing full plate carrier, rig over it, ruck, BDU's etc sounds crazy but you get used to it. Gambeson, Bogu, etc all the same. But yeah the uh thumbnails I put in there were all historically accurate pics of what muslim troops wore during the crusades :>. Crusaders also wore gambeson under plate.
Just to add more info, muslims armor type was more effective while defending against slashing dmg type instead of puncture one.
Since other arabic tribes favored that kind of weaponry. Poland, Serbia and Cossaks too... for some reason.(Probably because it worked so it was logical to copy it.)

Also thanks for the nice pictures above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Valaska and Edvin

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Hmm, I might have to re-do research again then! I have seen tons of plate in ancient representations Salahuddin and his soldiers, so I'll have to give it all a once over again. But yeah I've seen gambeson take bows, spears, etc haha. I used to be on fencing and kendo teams and they'd involve us renaissance fairs and stuff as one of the acts. I even got to feature in an east vs west one on one fight with a HEMA guy, we were fully kitted out and I was using an Iaido haha.

But yeah her dual gambeson would definitely be sweaty, she does mention it, but there are ways to layer thick cloth to not be completely awful. I would like "walking around" costume where she's carrying her gear on a... some... fuckin' stick thing Y thingy thing that Romans used to carry their gear on. Too lazy to look up the name they had for them lol. But it would require too much work and animating at the moment.

I'm a huge fan of Salahuddin and the history around him btw. Such a friggen interesting dude that guy was. He hated executing prisoners and actually wanted to find a peaceful resolution to the conflict... but he was NOT shy from the battlefield. Really brilliant man that one.

Reactions: Joyvankek and Edvin

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Valaska
I'm a fan too! (y)

Ironically, though he was a kind man who so much wanted peace, he proved to be one of the most brilliant military strategists. (Perhaps he was motivated by the fact that he wanted to save as many of his men as possible, so he always devised a strategy that brought him the least possible losses.)

Anyway, the armor of Muslim warriors looked like this.
96f00cdeebb8527f9b8264d9697addea.jpg

From left to right:

Leather armor (with tacks)
Splint mail (metal pieces were often attached to leather, so there was no need to wear rough clothing under the armor)
Thick tunic
Chain mail

Saladin's army was so effective because his troops were much better suited to fighting in the desert and was able to cover far greater distances precisely because their armor was light, airy, and the soldiers did not sweat like pigs :)

I am not aware that these soldiers would ever use plate armor, but if you've ever seen anything like that, it's quite possible that it could have been something like the temple guard ceremonial armor, or it was just fantasy nonsence.

P.S.
I'm sorry if I made some inaccuracies in terms.
My country has VERY rich military history (A total of four Crusades came to my country and our soldiers kicked their butts every time!) and for many of the terms we use, there are no English equivalents or are not accurate enough.

Reactions: Valaska

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Valaska
This is definitely not perfect, but what about this style?

I know it's a bit (a lot :D ) arrogant to tell someone what their characters should look like, but I think that this style is much more appropriate for this character. But it is only my personal opinion.

(Sorry I used the link, but I tried to upload the image at least 10 times and the forum always had an error)

Reactions: Nordec

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Valaska
This is definitely not perfect, but what about this style?

I know it's a bit (a lot :D ) arrogant to tell someone what their characters should look like, but I think that this style is much more appropriate for this character. But it is only my personal opinion.

(Sorry I used the link, but I tried to upload the image at least 10 times and the forum always had an error)
Haha that's pretty cute! She's definitely a leg protection gal though. But nah it's perfectly fine to give us advice and opinions on characters, we like having an engaged community that interacts with us. It means we're building something people are actually interested in.

We will have to wait though for if we do alternative costumes though. She'll have to put up with the heat and some baby powder for awhile haha.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Anyone wnna share android version
Sorry, but we haven't made one yet. Updating the entire game each time there's an android update would prove far too cumbersome for our project and slow down development. Another issue would be changing up the UI and scaling the game down to phone resolution sizes when we have 2 meter wide canvas image files.

That'll have to be an issue we assess and then tackle after we finish the game on its PC/Mac/Linux versions and look into other platforms like android, switch, etc.

Reactions: Nordec

LordGid

Sep 27, 2017
Stuck in Whispering Brook in the dungeon. The Faceless God ask for a sacrfice. Cannot proceed.
If you are talking about the stone statue face you need to go find the mercury and favored blood, there is another even lower level below the level with the statue and the door you need to go through that has both items. Also think you need to read the large book that tells you the ritual necessary, its propped up against a wall so you will know it when you see it.

• Love
Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
If you are talking about the stone statue face you need to go find the mercury and favored blood, there is another even lower level below the level with the statue and the door you need to go through that has both items. Also think you need to read the large book that tells you the ritual necessary, its propped up against a wall so you will know it when you see it.
Yarr this guy is right. Also we do have a walkthrough, everyone! It's on our website here;

Thanks a ton for helping peeps out LordGid :>

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

Rakasa771

Jan 17, 2018
Sorry but am I just too dumb or is in the Win x64 download from mega no .exe in the archive? I can't find one :/

Rakasa771

Jan 17, 2018
Diid you unzip the file??
Yes of course. There are 3 Folder "AssetBundles", "MonoBleedingEdge" and "PriceForFreedom_Data", but in neither of them is a .exe file. I also searched with the windows search for something with a .exe extension, but with no success.
The zip itself also doesn't have a .exe file.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Oh, that's off of the first post here? Uhh I can't really help with that, we don't handle that. The downloads over here will have everything you need to play the latest public version;

Which is 13_1 and has everything but Iski's second scene, I think whispering brook, and Osh'to's intro.

Rakasa771

Jan 17, 2018
Oh, that's off of the first post here? Uhh I can't really help with that, we don't handle that. The downloads over here will have everything you need to play the latest public version;

Which is 13_1 and has everything but Iski's second scene, I think whispering brook, and Osh'to's intro.
Ahhh, okay, guess that's it then. Thanks a lot!

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes