Feb 21, 2018
Hello people.

I don't want to get your hopes up (i've only tested the gallery on my pc), but i think i removed the patreon verification.

Replace the "Assembly-CSharp.dll" inside this folder -> PriceForFreedom_12_1_Windows\PriceForFreedom_Data\Managed
This is just making the game hard crash immediately. Should I get the x32 version or something?

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
yey happy to see it's still alive, even if it is maybe struggeling a little bit.
Howdy! Haha don't worry we're actually going pretty strong right now. A bunch of people are having issues with cracking out patreon version right now, they are downloading the out of date one which is incompatible with our current release. We honestly can't help with that, other people are cracking the game other than us here on our end!

We're trying to make it a bit easier to run on older systems but we can't dig into optimizations too heavy right now. We're actually doing really well on the content creation side! Our Whispering Brook update tested us as a team and we noticed a bunch of bottlenecks in production. We've taken steps to alleviate that. We're working on more regular-sized updates from now on, and we'll tackle the larger content updates when our new team members are up to speed with how we do things.

We've covered a ton of ground and are pretty on track!

Oct 2, 2018
Good game so far. I shall watch this one for sure. Though a lot of Patreon locked off content I could not access. Also the hovering npcs rushing about and my name being changed to "Madman" during "Loose ends" quest need fixing... Other than that the art is great. The story is alright, though abit random cause you can wander around though I like that about this game. Hope to be able to change my name back or I will have to start new save come a new update that fixes that bug... :/

tankie123

Nov 17, 2017
Hey, Valaska, I saw the posts about black screens, and the low fps one by cyberfreak, and I felt I should share my experience. I have a Win10 box, i5-9400, RTX 2060, so it should be OK handling the game, but the results I get in my management software are kind of troubling.

At rest (by which I mean now, with just firefox, notepad, and the gpu monitoring software open), the GPU runs at about 35-36C, somewhere between 3-10% load, clock speeds around 300 mhz, and fan speeds around 1000 rpm.

I opened another unity game, windowed, 1900x1200, ultra settings, and got up to a temperature between 37-38C, anywhere from 10-40% load, a clock speed ranging between 405-1300 mhz, and fan speeds still roughly 1000 rpm.

Then I opened Price for Freedom. The temperature immediately spiked to 50C, and settled in at 39-40C on the load screen. Fan speed immediately spiked to 1130 rpm. Once I started playing the game (and this wasn't much, it was about 10 seconds), when my mouse was active in the game screen, the temperature of my GPU jumped to 58-60C, the load stayed between 90-97%, the clock speeds hit 1935 mhz, and the fans jumped to 140 rpm. As soon as I clicked outside of the window (didn't close it, just clicked outside) it began to drop back to something closer to a rest state. (I was alerted to all of this because of some previous attempts to play the game, where I got thrown messages about the GPU temperature spiking to over 82C, and that being a hazard if left on too long.) I don't know what's going on to cause so much strain on even a fairly new GPU, but I can imagine stress like that doing a number on an older machine, which could be part of what cyberfreak is experiencing.
hey, i personally didn't yet tried this game but i'll say right away,

for your case scenario it doesn't matter if this game is optimized or no, you need to act

option 1 :
increase your gpu fan speed manually to avoid such high temps, most of gpus stock auto fan curve is horrible, and a 1400RPM during gaming is very low(most of gpus have around 3500~3900 at 100% fan/s speed, i though never owned a single fanned gpu since 9800 gt which never reported rpm), e.g. make a custom fan curve in msi afterburner or always keep it at 75~100%'s when gaming.

option 2:
buy a 120mm or 140mm fan(if your case supports 140mm), and place it on top of your case as exhaust fan, better if you will buy 2 of them, also the more CFM they will have the better, RPM doesn't matter much as long as CFM is high, your gpu runs very hot and it doesn't really matter if this game is optimized or no - furmark will make your gpu even more hot, as well as a couple of other games in which cpu will not be bottleneck, basically what i'm saying is that you need to act, you can't leave your gpu in the scenario in which it is right now, e.g. 82C on 90~97% load which isn't even 99%

option 3:
open the front/side door of your case

option 4:
open the front door & remove the filter (if any)

make sure to do at least any of these or come up with some other option which will be just as effective, it's better than doing nothing :)

Reactions: Pirat.911

Psyside

Jun 30, 2017
Guys can I get some help with the Big stone door in the catacombs. I cant for the love of me find the damn key

whateverbro

Nov 23, 2018
Howdy! Haha don't worry we're actually going pretty strong right now. A bunch of people are having issues with cracking out patreon version right now, they are downloading the out of date one which is incompatible with our current release. We honestly can't help with that, other people are cracking the game other than us here on our end!

We're trying to make it a bit easier to run on older systems but we can't dig into optimizations too heavy right now. We're actually doing really well on the content creation side! Our Whispering Brook update tested us as a team and we noticed a bunch of bottlenecks in production. We've taken steps to alleviate that. We're working on more regular-sized updates from now on, and we'll tackle the larger content updates when our new team members are up to speed with how we do things.

We've covered a ton of ground and are pretty on track!
not that it is hard to get to any point in the game with combat skip :p
i am so happy to hear you can affort food and shelter ^^

Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
not that it is hard to get to any point in the game with combat skip :p
i am so happy to hear you can affort food and shelter ^^
Hahaaa yeah... we're gonna keep working to make it so people want to use skip less x3. I think we might only allow skipping on easy mode once the build is more stable and we work out kinks and bugs. It'll be our Story "mode" basically!

Vealis

Aug 14, 2016
Stuck in Whispering Brook in the dungeon. The Faceless God ask for a sacrfice. Cannot proceed.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Stuck in Whispering Brook in the dungeon. The Faceless God ask for a sacrfice. Cannot proceed.
At the statue? You need to get two items, a vial of mercury and blood.

arghas

Nov 6, 2018
Hahaaa yeah... we're gonna keep working to make it so people want to use skip less x3. I think we might only allow skipping on easy mode once the build is more stable and we work out kinks and bugs. It'll be our Story "mode" basically!
Maybe a combat guide? Because I still don't get the combat system.
Like I get that there is armor on every limb etc, and you need to go through that to do damage, and once health on a body part is 0 you get status effects, but I have no clue in what way to exploit that, it seems just aimlessly going through parts is as fruitful as having an actual plan.
But thats probably me being bad :p

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Maybe a combat guide? Because I still don't get the combat system.
Like I get that there is armor on every limb etc, and you need to go through that to do damage, and once health on a body part is 0 you get status effects, but I have no clue in what way to exploit that, it seems just aimlessly going through parts is as fruitful as having an actual plan.
But thats probably me being bad :p
Haha there's actually a lot of metas and builds people are doing in our server. Quite a few of our communities have been figuring out the best ways of approaching different enemies and such. You basically want to cause as much blood loss to an enemy as possible to bleed them out efficiently and quickly. Breaking certain body parts give a debuff to enemies.

Certain enemies are less prone to bleed though; and need more brute force or blunt damage. A few people are able to give hints on the meta in our server.

halluva

May 18, 2017
I feel like I'm doing way less damage in combat than I should. Like when I faced the tentacle creatures below the temple, almost all of my attacks just did 1 or 2 damage. Is there some "trick" to combat that I'm not aware of? At this rate each encounter will take 10 minutes and I'll just end up skipping.

Psyside

Jun 30, 2017
OK so the inventory Perk is BUGGED as hell Like i got Deep pockets MAXED 1584103834290.png 1584103848569.png
And I cant get the INV expansion and its Annoying

Experimantal

Feb 2, 2018
Goldra being my favorite character from Clouds Meadow, I hope she gets more than just a gallery appearance, as in actual scenes and maybe as a companion! But maybe that's too much hoping for two of my favorite games collaboration to get bigger

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes