Mar 26, 2020
does anyone have the link to the 16.1 version of the game?

The older patreon content from previous versions gets unlocked when a new version is launched? or is always locked?
Always locked, until they make it public atleast. Though, there is a crack for build 16.1, if you might wait the crack for build 17 might be uploaded

Reactions: capalvz

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
i head the dev plans to sell this game on steam, is there any ETA?
Eyy, not any hard ETA's or anything yet. We won't make a release date until we are certain that IS the release date come hell or high water. We learned a year ago that we are shit at predicting the date and how fucking horrible it is for your project if you miss one.

We'll have a steam page set up soon-ish but it won't have a buy option, it'll be for wishlists mostly.

Morasaky

Mar 29, 2020
Eyy, not any hard ETA's or anything yet. We won't make a release date until we are certain that IS the release date come hell or high water. We learned a year ago that we are shit at predicting the date and how fucking horrible it is for your project if you miss one.

We'll have a steam page set up soon-ish but it won't have a buy option, it'll be for wishlists mostly.
im kinda waiting for a steam release. i prefer it more than patreon .

Reactions: Valaska

SirPinha

Mar 31, 2018
crack for patreon 0.17 not out yet, i take it...

first time checking this game, and so far its awesome!

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
View attachment 971251

Memes aside, the story likely won't take a full 9 months of time and as per the companions being pregnant would make them very much worthless in combat... so while it's theoretically possible he's put a few buns in the oven through the course of the game (and probably likely) it's not going to be a thing you'll see pay off. We actually had a discussion about this way back.

View attachment 971255
I must say im in love with that meme LOL.
Memes aside

It's really up to you guys how realistic you want the pregnancy system to be.
In Roundscape Adorevia there is a system pretty flat out in my opinion but at least it's something & it goes like this:
Sex
Some Time Skip later
Pregnancy dialogue
Some Time Skip later
Pregnancy CG/Scene
Baby Sprite taken care by maids
End.

Seriously not much but still I'm pretty happy with it even tho i wish for more i seriously can't complain about it.
If you guys do not like pregnancy content to be in the midgame because it may ruin the flow of the story (That i can agree on) just make the End game content.

Choose this girl? Yes. Press X to Breed.

stormcalled

May 4, 2017
This'll be the first time I try this game. Is the public build missing anything story wise, or are the sex scenes the only things that are patreon exclusive?

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
im kinda waiting for a steam release. i prefer it more than patreon .
I get that, but without Patreon we wouldn't be able to make this game at all. So we're really fortunate there's a bunch of people helping us push this project to the end goal.

I must say im in love with that meme LOL.
Memes aside

It's really up to you guys how realistic you want the pregnancy system to be.
In Roundscape Adorevia there is a system pretty flat out in my opinion but at least it's something & it goes like this:
Sex
Some Time Skip later
Pregnancy dialogue
Some Time Skip later
Pregnancy CG/Scene
Baby Sprite taken care by maids
End.

Seriously not much but still I'm pretty happy with it even tho i wish for more i seriously can't complain about it.
If you guys do not like pregnancy content to be in the midgame because it may ruin the flow of the story (That i can agree on) just make the End game content.

Choose this girl? Yes. Press X to Breed.
Haha yeah it would be pretty hard to implement storywise and such, there'd need to be a lot of dedication and redux scenes etc. So it'd be a huge bit of work. That was what the "Baby is inventory item" thing came from, we were jokingly spitballing how we'd handle it. There's a lot of things I would prefer to bring in before it which would contribute more to the story and game itself.

In terms of narrative though, Redic had probably permanently altered the gene pool of the Atlathkan coast from how many sperm donations he's made to the local woman.

This'll be the first time I try this game. Is the public build missing anything story wise, or are the sex scenes the only things that are patreon exclusive?
At the moment there's about 18 hours of story content in the public build from what one of our players timed out, he was going through absolutely everything. You are missing about 3 hours or so in the patreon build. These are the lastest few quests.

Reactions: caspian90

nikolasimic

Aug 31, 2017
I've a mostly positive impression, I just easily take notice of mistakes and get triggered. One I remember is using "phased" instead of "fazed". But sure, it's to be expected when the game is so text-heavy there's even a warning in the OP.

If it's any small reassurance, I planned on replaying this at a point and writing down any spotted problems the text might have.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
Ouch... haha but seriously, yeah typos do slip by despite all three of our writers having spell checks we're putting out about a third of a novel worth of text each update. This pace is excruciatingly shit and while we do our best, unfortunately, things slip by.

I want to do a thorough read-through later on in the game's development. Time to time I am able to sit down and do a thorough read but quite often... not the case. Dialogue is fine except for miss-types that slip through Grammarly, ProWritingAid, and Hemmingway. The narration needs to be more accurate.

We only wish to impregnate your heart <3
Anymore planned for the red-head? thats all i care for in this game.

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
I've a mostly positive impression, I just easily take notice of mistakes and get triggered. One I remember is using "phased" instead of "fazed". But sure, it's to be expected when the game is so text-heavy there's even a warning in the OP.

If it's any small reassurance, I planned on replaying this at a point and writing down any spotted problems the text might have.
Haha I'm just teasing! Critique is more than welcome and I know that it misses the mark in a bunch of ways currently. I really want to sit down and do a two-pass run through, I really do. I have on a couple of sections and quests of the game and thankfully those sections have come off well without anyone noticing much beyond a few accidental replaced words.

If it was "phased" instead of "fazed" that likely was me and it's... weird. I know the two words clearly haha, but when you get to typing fast to hit a deadline sometimes you just randomly completely write the other word. It's harder to catch than actual typos and for some reason Grammarly/ProWritingAid/Hemmingway completely miss it! You'll see me do it in normal typing on discord etc as well. Weird habit of mine.

For sure! We had a proofreader for a bit for typos and wonky wordage for a bit. The old Samara stuff and a few of the old quests are the roughest, the ones where we all were crunching 20 hours a day to get builds out ASAP.

Anymore planned for the red-head? thats all i care for in this game.
Verona or Scylla? Yes, and yes in either case. If it's Scylla then A LOT of content like just a deluge of it is coming. She happens to be one of my personal 3 favourite characters by the by! I'd love to see where Scylla's story evolves past this game if she survives the events at the end of the game.

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
I get that, but without Patreon we wouldn't be able to make this game at all. So we're really fortunate there's a bunch of people helping us push this project to the end goal.

Haha yeah it would be pretty hard to implement storywise and such, there'd need to be a lot of dedication and redux scenes etc. So it'd be a huge bit of work. That was what the "Baby is inventory item" thing came from, we were jokingly spitballing how we'd handle it. There's a lot of things I would prefer to bring in before it which would contribute more to the story and game itself.

In terms of narrative though, Redic had probably permanently altered the gene pool of the Atlathkan coast from how many sperm donations he's made to the local woman.

At the moment there's about 18 hours of story content in the public build from what one of our players timed out, he was going through absolutely everything. You are missing about 3 hours or so in the patreon build. These are the lastest few quests.
Well. I don't see anything wrong with that....??? LOL
But wouldn't it possible to have/implement contraceptive without immersion breaking?

Reactions: Valaska

Valaska

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Well. I don't see anything wrong with that....??? LOL
But wouldn't it possible to have/implement contraceptive without immersion breaking?
There are a myriad of contraceptives used locally in Kaldea to varying degrees of success. Pessaries are some of the best and typically made from either silver or plate gold other polished materials (polished lacquered ivory, kiln blasted ceramics) but these fancy devices are usually limited to very well off women/wives. The Velvet Oasis for instance uses gold plated (as it's considered a "clean' metal by Esther) or polished and treated ivory for some of the girls who dislike the feel of metal. But they also use an oral contraceptive too, or a vaginal wash or Queen Anne's lace, Nailah makes a tea of Queen Anne's lace with the seeds left in it for the girls, something she learned in her homeland.

Rutin is something that is purchased from traders and taken before/after unprotected sex, ginger root is taken (or extracts of) to begin menstruation forcefully, Thistle is thought to actually create sterility. And a few EXTREMELY wealthy women will use silphium tea... but this is so expensive that even the velvet oasis only use it if they feel the man is particularly "productive." For instance, Zahra are known for extreme virility but the vast majority of races don't need to worry about that... just some sub-breeds of Aeyl do. Terri and Katie for instance lol.

Poor people will use natural pessaries like the caps from orange/lemon/pomegranate but these are very much not that effective. Condoms made from ileum lining of animals are pretty cheap and reasonably effective... they can even be washed and re-used. Artemisia or rue, and vinegar vaginal washes/douches are used after sex by poorer women but these as you can imagine cause irritation. Some of the cheap whore houses in Kaldea will use this method... especially if they don't particularly care for the comfort of their women. NOT, the Velvet Oasis.

There are also extremely ineffective (Ie, stupid) birth control measures like praying to gods or other wacky ineffective rituals. Smoking of certain herbs and such, cure-all tinctures and tonics sold by snake-oil salesmen. Women do a lot to duck the ever-persistent villain of motherhood.

VictorianPostcard.jpg

As for Redic and uhhh some of the girls around the city... after the events of the game you can pretty much guaran-freakin-tee Redic has sired a kid or two canonically. He's too active not to have. But I don't imagine any of them would be with the companions through the events of the game itself. I can't confirm or deny about after events. Each of the girls can and should be assumed to be actively taking, utilizing, or will use some form of contraceptive on their own account.

With women serving in the Ohmish military (and Einadian) alongside men, our setting has more prevalent use of birth control. These methods were actually used across ancient Greece etc, but fell out of favour in the middle ages because... well. Jesus didn't like the sex.

But several methods of extreme effectiveness were born from the Ohmish military. MOST advanced medical understanding of the world comes from the Ohmish military and their constant wars of conquest, including a rudimentary understanding of epidemiology. To deal with menstruation female soldiers take anti-spasmodic and peppermint oil is actually a SUPER fucking major deal with them.

Peppermint oil is actually like downright goddamned sacred to the Ohmish people. The oils they use to clean and treat their blades has peppermint extract in them as well. This is actually meant to be a numbing agent shown as a sign of respect for their foes in combat... conversely if they don't like their enemy they are known to piss on their swords as a sign of disrespect but that's pretty rare lol.

So yeah. We have an anal scene in the latest update, the best contraceptive. Also a facial. A HUGE, facial. On a dark elf.

Fite me.

ArmSpaghetti

Aug 1, 2018
i see a few people talking about 17.0 crack and a 16.0 crack that doesnt exist,
there likely wont be a 17.0 crack unless someone shows up to do it, there wasnt one for 16.0 or any later versions
the last crack was for 15.0 (and no the 15.0 crack doesnt work for the new versions)

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes