deck

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Hello, I picked the sword, have it equipped but I still can't break (click on) the barricade in the intro, any help?
It sounds like a bug. I can look into it if you zip and send me this folder: C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\LocalLow\TeamDeadDeer\PriceForFreedom

Edymaster15

Oct 2, 2017
It sounds like a bug. I can look into it if you zip and send me this folder: C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\LocalLow\TeamDeadDeer\PriceForFreedom
I did progress the story, eventually made it out of the catacombs all the way to the city going through the doors and having the scene with the demoness and all, just not sure if it was supposed to be like this, since I never made it though the barricade.
If it’s not like this I can send you the folder

Reactions: S - Boy

fucksmith

Aug 23, 2020
I noticed a setting for "Auto scroll speed" in the options. Is there a way to activate auto scrolling, or is that an orphaned setting?

Winiii

Nov 29, 2019
is a lot of content looked behind the patreon build??
this one says public. so will i be missing a bunch of stuff?
changelog also says "[Patreon]" a lot of times

Sep 24, 2020
is a lot of content looked behind the patreon build??
this one says public. so will i be missing a bunch of stuff?
changelog also says "[Patreon]" a lot of times
If you access the scene gallery, you'll find the scenes and parts of the game that are for Patrons only (about 1/4 I believe) and all of them belongs to characters that already have scenes for public version, so you don't have to worry about "missing out" :sneaky:

newgrounds

Dec 2, 2017
Trying out this game for the first time and I am SO confused, im not sure if i skipped a tutorial because it put me straight into the game, it doesnt specify what maiming each limb does, what are AP and strength points are, what active skills and gear slots are, can someone explain these to me?

fucksmith

Aug 23, 2020
Trying out this game for the first time and I am SO confused, im not sure if i skipped a tutorial because it put me straight into the game, it doesnt specify what maiming each limb does, what are AP and strength points are, what active skills and gear slots are, can someone explain these to me?
It's not that you skipped a tutorial, it's that the game is missing a tutorial. For a system that's as complex as this one, it's quite maddening. I'll try to summarize the answers to these questions.

Out of combat: you can use the skills menu (X) to put points into various skills to unlock and improve them, and equip them on the bar at the top of the window. You can use the ones you equip in combat; they show up at the bottom of the screen then.

Gear are the series of slots at the top of the inventory menu (I). If you put items (like bandages etc.) in those slots you can use them in combat.

Once in combat, there are two resources you spend to execute your actions:

Action points (AP) - Shown by the white number at the bottom right corner of a character on the map, these are spent to move around and make basic attacks.

Stamina - Some stronger attacks cost Stamina points as well, which regenerate slowly and are shown on the yellow bar at the bottom of the screen.

Targeting limbs: You can right click on a character to see a little schematic doll of them, and hovering over one of the hit locations will show the details of what maiming that limb does, as well as its current HP and defense. This is particularly useful because the effects are different per enemy, and some enemies have hit locations that may not be obvious from just looking at them. Also has a percentage for bleed damage which seems to be the ratio at which damage taken by the limb is applied to that foe's main health bar.

1619403358853.png

Strength tokens: Increase the damage dealt by the character that has them. The description's vague, so I'm not sure by how much.
Weak tokens: Decrease the damage dealt by the character that has them.

In general there are a variety of status effects that can affect characters, and you can hover the mouse over them on the map to see a brief description, which is not always helpful.

1619404047986.png

Enemies, rather than having to spend resources for their attacks, have a "deck" of attack cards that determines what moves they execute and when. Interacting with it is unfortunately pretty fiddly and often unrewarding, and the game doesn't explain anything about what "exhaust" does vs. "discard". As far as I can tell, discarding removes the card from the stack temporarily, as if it had been used, meaning that they'll get it back when run out of cards, but it can stall a high priority attack.

My quick tips for combat are:
  • The basic "Slash" attack the MC has is actually quite good, particularly once you get Swiftness to be able to hit with it twice in one round.
  • Use Samara. At least in the current version, she seems noticeably less incomplete than the other companions, and her reach is often useful.
  • Focus fire when you can, to take down a single limb or single character at a time.
  • Skip if you have to, especially during Whispering Bandits dungeon because despite being quite beatable it's just so damn long.

Aug 11, 2020
I really like this game but i really cant get into the fighting system which wasnt a problem during the 'tutorial' as you could just skip the fights but after that i couldnt anymore. Any way to just skip the combat side of this game entirely and go about it like a VN?

feppy CIG

Sep 30, 2020
It's not that you skipped a tutorial, it's that the game is missing a tutorial. For a system that's as complex as this one, it's quite maddening. I'll try to summarize the answers to these questions.

Out of combat: you can use the skills menu (X) to put points into various skills to unlock and improve them, and equip them on the bar at the top of the window. You can use the ones you equip in combat; they show up at the bottom of the screen then.

Gear are the series of slots at the top of the inventory menu (I). If you put items (like bandages etc.) in those slots you can use them in combat.

Once in combat, there are two resources you spend to execute your actions:

Action points (AP) - Shown by the white number at the bottom right corner of a character on the map, these are spent to move around and make basic attacks.

Stamina - Some stronger attacks cost Stamina points as well, which regenerate slowly and are shown on the yellow bar at the bottom of the screen.

Targeting limbs: You can right click on a character to see a little schematic doll of them, and hovering over one of the hit locations will show the details of what maiming that limb does, as well as its current HP and defense. This is particularly useful because the effects are different per enemy, and some enemies have hit locations that may not be obvious from just looking at them. Also has a percentage for bleed damage which seems to be the ratio at which damage taken by the limb is applied to that foe's main health bar.

View attachment 1163383

Strength tokens: Increase the damage dealt by the character that has them. The description's vague, so I'm not sure by how much.
Weak tokens: Decrease the damage dealt by the character that has them.

In general there are a variety of status effects that can affect characters, and you can hover the mouse over them on the map to see a brief description, which is not always helpful.

View attachment 1163389

Enemies, rather than having to spend resources for their attacks, have a "deck" of attack cards that determines what moves they execute and when. Interacting with it is unfortunately pretty fiddly and often unrewarding, and the game doesn't explain anything about what "exhaust" does vs. "discard". As far as I can tell, discarding removes the card from the stack temporarily, as if it had been used, meaning that they'll get it back when run out of cards, but it can stall a high priority attack.

My quick tips for combat are:
  • The basic "Slash" attack the MC has is actually quite good, particularly once you get Swiftness to be able to hit with it twice in one round.
  • Use Samara. At least in the current version, she seems noticeably less incomplete than the other companions, and her reach is often useful.
  • Focus fire when you can, to take down a single limb or single character at a time.
  • Skip if you have to, especially during Whispering Bandits dungeon because despite being quite beatable it's just so damn long.
Thank you, I had a pretty hard time trying to figure all this out myself.

Reactions: NEWtimmer

fregonard

Mar 11, 2018
I see a lot of girls in the banner,but I don't see the harem tag,so this game doesn't have romance or anything like that? is it just silly sex as a reward for doing a mission? :unsure:

Winiii

Nov 29, 2019
If you access the scene gallery, you'll find the scenes and parts of the game that are for Patrons only (about 1/4 I believe) and all of them belongs to characters that already have scenes for public version, so you don't have to worry about "missing out" :sneaky:
have played it now abit and kinda sad, patreon looked content for characters i enjoy + their quests / several quests.. quite the bummer. dont really have money either so thats a no.. o wel

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes