BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Oh come on how can you compare the reading quantity between this and The Hobbit, that example just doesn't fit, it's not even approaching the same scale.
Idk bro, I stand by my view that anyone who considers this game anything approaching a heavy read is just not used to reading story driven games.

Edit: I just searched the word count for the Hobbit : 95,356 words
And for this game according to their website : 450 000+ .
Was shocked, didn't even realize, oh well still think the story, characters and lore in Price For Freedom is captivating enough to stave off boredom and keep the reader interested
No, I haven't played the game, I'm only backing his view that *the beginning* is a dump (info-dump, I don't mean it in any other way), bad game design+practice to start a game that way. Only criticizing that part in agreement with aezur. I have no opinion any further than that, I only played to that point to test the stability of the crack, nothing more. I don't play adult games, I just crack+remove DRM. Hate DRM, love challenges and/or random stuff to crack. :) By the way, word count is no indication of a good read. Hot air can take up more room than a solid work and still be less dense with good story. Bad analogy, but eh.
I don't quite understand how to use the crack. Do I save it as a .dll and drag to the exe? It's still not unlocking everything even with the code and that.
You're given a modified file. Replace the original one.

Last edited:

Kyureen

Jun 18, 2018
the build 19.1 just went out but the crack doesn't work with it sad :'(. It correct the freezing in combat.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
the build 19.1 just went out but the crack doesn't work with it sad :'(. It correct the freezing in combat.
v19.1 cracked and attached. I guess v19.1 fixes some battle crashing or something. *Edit* I can't believe I need to say this: Replace original file with this one. As policy, I always wait a bit before releasing a crack for something when asked. Gives people some time to consider becoming Patreons.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Thx, yes the game was a bit unplayable with the freezing/soft lock. Is it hard to reverse engineering it ? I do know unity and C# but after that nothing.
Not at all for me but for beginners to reverse-engineering, it can be. Unity offers an "attempt" at making reverse-engineering a little more difficult by converting MSIL into x86 instructions directly via CPP intermediate compilation, all in an attempt to get away from IL which is easily decompiled back to source, even with obfuscation and protection mechanisms. As x86 routines, it's just like reverse-engineering almost all other software out there. I specialize in reverse-engineering, it makes no difference to me what it is in. Unity's IL (compiled C#) is converted to x86 via il2cpp, which quite frankly leaves a lot to be desired (in my opinion). The process requires every bit of IL metadata to be stored separately, which merely adds a step in determining the locations of any routines. If you recall C# Properties, they actually have a get+set routines to return a value. You see (example) public bool IsPatron; but behind the scenes it is actually private bool IsPatron; public bool get_IsPatron() { return this.IsPatron; } and everything uses that function instead, they don't actually read the property itself directly, despite what the syntax makes you think. Sounds backwards, but that is how it is. Write a small test tool and use, say, DnSpy to look at the properties and such. Make sure you turn on compiler-generated code-visibility. You'll notice the properties actually have functions (compiler-generated). It can make things muddy. Anyway... Unity abstracts the actual routines of functions+gets+sets etc. away in x86, but the metadata is still there (external file) for the names of things. Just map the metadata in any tool designed to work with your debugger (or just manually do it yourself, parse it and output to a text file with offset->routinename, etc.) and walk through the logic yourself. I might modify my method of cracking to use a xor rax, rax:inc rax:ret rather than mov rax, 1:ret. Smaller by one byte. :p Might go mov rax, rsp:ret even more if a non-0 value will work, even smaller. I really enjoy Assembly+C/CPP rather than horrid IL or any other interpreted crap. Nerd-mode-ing. Quite frankly, Unity and Unreal reverse-engineering is a cake-walk compared to some things I've come across, but let's put this back on topic.

Last edited:

Kyureen

Jun 18, 2018
Not at all for me but for beginners to reverse-engineering, it can be. Unity offers an "attempt" at making reverse-engineering a little more difficult by converting MSIL into x86 instructions directly via CPP intermediate compilation, all in an attempt to get away from IL which is easily decompiled back to source, even with obfuscation and protection mechanisms. As x86 routines, it's just like reverse-engineering almost all other software out there. I specialize in reverse-engineering, it makes no difference to me what it is in. Unity's IL (compiled C#) is converted to x86 via il2cpp, which quite frankly leaves a lot to be desired (in my opinion). The process requires every bit of IL metadata to be stored separately, which merely adds a step in determining the locations of any routines. If you recall C# Properties, they actually have a get+get routines to return a value. You see (example) public bool IsPatron; but behind the scenes it is actually private bool IsPatron; public bool get_IsPatron() { return this.IsPatron; } and everything uses that function instead, they don't actually read the property itself directly, despite what the syntax makes you think. Sounds backwards, but that is how it is. Write a small test tool and use, say, DnSpy to look at the properties and such. Make sure you turn on compiler-generated code-visibility. You'll notice the properties actually have functions (compiler-generated). Anyway... Unity abstracts the actual routines away in x86 but the metadata is still there (external file). Just map the metadata in any tool designed to work with your debugger (or just manually do it yourself, parse it and output to a text file with offset->routinename, etc.) and walk through the logic yourself. I might modify my method of cracking to use a xor rax, rax:inc rax:ret rather than mov rax, 1:ret. Smaller by one byte. :p Might go mov rax, rsp:ret even more if a non-0 value will work, even smaller. I really enjoy Assembly+C/CPP rather than horrid IL or any other interpreted crap. Nerd-mode-ing. Quite frankly, Unity and Unreal reverse-engineering is a cake-walk compared to some things I've come across, but let's put this back on topic.
I followed half you said after that my brain break down. But thanks for the short explanation how the thing are done behind the scene.(y)

Last edited:

Jonathan Y

Dec 1, 2020
No, I haven't played the game, I'm only backing his view that *the beginning* is a dump (info-dump, I don't mean it in any other way), bad game design+practice to start a game that way. Only criticizing that part in agreement with aezur. I have no opinion any further than that, I only played to that point to test the stability of the crack, nothing more. I don't play adult games, I just crack+remove DRM. Hate DRM, love challenges and/or random stuff to crack. :) By the way, word count is no indication of a good read. Hot air can take up more room than a solid work and still be less dense with good story. Bad analogy, but eh.

You're given a modified file. Replace the original one.
I know word count and quantity doesn't translate to quality obviously, I only bothered to write the word count as a correction to myself since I assumed the Hobbit, an actual novel would have much more content, but I was wrong.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I know word count and quantity doesn't translate to quality obviously, I only bothered to write the word count as a correction to myself since I assumed the Hobbit, an actual novel would have much more content, but I was wrong.
Oh, okay. Yeah, I've been surprised myself to find some quality works have been relatively short compared to some other works. :)
I followed half you said after that my brain break down. But thanks for the short explanation how the thing are done behind the scene.(y)
No problem. To anyone reading the Thread, v19.1 cracked above. I kinda put a few bigger posts in and hid it away without intention.

Reactions: 51cent

Jonathan Y

Dec 1, 2020
Oh, okay. Yeah, I've been surprised myself to find some quality works have been relatively short compared to some other works. :)

No problem. To anyone reading the Thread, v19.1 cracked above. I kinda put a few bigger posts in and hid it away without intention.
Yep, and I absolutely consider Price For Freedom one of those quality works.

Last edited:

King_Harlaus

Apr 11, 2019
It has been more than 3 years since I first known this game, I would buy the full version when it come out, but this is taking a bit too long.

As for patreon, I just don't think it's reasonable to pay for something unfinished every month, and it's not helping with speeding the development either

deck

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
It has been more than 3 years since I first known this game, I would buy the full version when it come out, but this is taking a bit too long.

As for patreon, I just don't think it's reasonable to pay for something unfinished every month, and it's not helping with speeding the development either
Well this game and a lot of others would not exist without people donating for it via Patreon and such.

And yes if you asked me 3 years ago I would have said the game would be done by now. But it turns out that writing, drawing, rigging, animating, integrating and coding takes a lot of time and effort, even with 5 people working on it full time and a few others part time. We have been pretty consistent with the content produced so far, the game has become quite big in size and people seem to appreciate the quality.
There is of course areas that are subpar and need improvement such as the combat, but we are getting there.

The plan has always been to put it on Steam, but we don't want to cut corners and release it in an unfinished or rushed state. Patreon and SubscribeStar allow us to do just that, and unless your argument is that we were slacking and didn't put out enough content, that seems pretty fair.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Well this game and a lot of others would not exist without people donating for it via Patreon and such.
And yes if you asked me 3 years ago I would have said the game would be done by now. But it turns out that writing, drawing, rigging, animating, integrating and coding takes a lot of time and effort, even with 5 people working on it full time and a few others part time. We have been pretty consistent with the content produced so far, the game has become quite big in size and people seem to appreciate the quality.
There is of course areas that are subpar and need improvement such as the combat, but we are getting there.
The plan has always been to put it on Steam, but we don't want to cut corners and release it in an unfinished or rushed state. Patreon and SubscribeStar allow us to do just that, and unless your argument is that we were slacking and didn't put out enough content, that seems pretty fair.
I'd like to note that there isn't a guarantee with direct-funded stuff. Some things succeed, others don't. I've seen poor projects succeed with and without funding, and great projects fail with and without funding. In the end, it is up to whoever wants to donate. Plenty of honest projects and plenty otherwise, such as Summertime Saga, definitely far too long, especially with what they're making monetarily. Although, I would add that a team of five working on a project like this...perhaps should have been done a year ago…if compared to a number of projects I've either worked on or monitored myself. :/ But I've almost always developed in more professional environments (definite competency in tools being used, definitely-capable people, etc.). Never had to work on story though. I couldn't write a story about how my day went. X_X;

Last edited:

deck

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Although, I would add that a team of five working on a project like this...perhaps should have been done a year ago…if compared to a number of projects I've either worked on or monitored myself. :/
That's a strange thing to say after this:

No, I haven't played the game, I'm only backing his view that *the beginning* is a dump (info-dump, I don't mean it in any other way), bad game design+practice to start a game that way. Only criticizing that part in agreement with @aezur. I have no opinion any further than that, I only played to that point to test the stability of the crack, nothing more. I don't play adult games, I just crack+remove DRM.
Sorry but it seems a bit unfair when you have no idea of the scope of the game, the amount of content done, the end goal and our team composition. Every game is different.

Reactions: Jonathan Y

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
That's a strange thing to say after this:
Sorry but it seems a bit unfair when you have no idea of the scope of the game, the amount of content done, the end goal and our team composition. Every game is different.
No, and for some scope of the critique, realize it was only about the beginning of the game. Info-dump == deterrent to reading, widely recognized as a horrible practice in writing for a long time now, over a hundred years in academia. Many have attempted to fix it, but it results in poor experience and writing each time. Either way, we'll just have to disagree. Not actually interested in the game or any adult game, I just remove DRM and debug things, something to do. *shrug* Again, not a critique of the game or story or anything else except for the initial way the game is introduced. You could take a day or two to think about how to introduce things without info-dumping and change that, very easy thing to address. This kind of thing almost always happens to any project, regardless of capability. Usually it gets refined and reworked a tiny bit down the road, that's all. Getting off-topic, digressing.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
it seems the game wont run if i replaced this on the folder.
You need v19.1 downloaded and then use the crack I created by v19.1. I only uploaded the Windows version, too lazy to write a tool for Linux right now, and I don't own a Mac (I don't know anyone personally who would, either).

King_Harlaus

Apr 11, 2019

Well I do appreciate the quality content you guys put out during the past three years, perhaps I am just getting a bit impatient, for a fact I'm slowly outgrowing games like this, and fear that I may no longer have the time and interest to see it finished. As for patreon, the biggest issue is that most content creators gain much more with slower production than quickly finishing their projects. I am just expressing my dissatisfaction with patreon, not targeting you and your team specifically.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalrotix

nade00

Dec 24, 2019
You need v19.1 downloaded and then use the crack I created by v19.1. I only uploaded the Windows version, too lazy to write a tool for Linux right now, and I don't own a Mac (I don't know anyone personally who would, either).

Oh my bad, it seems the last time i downloaded the game was still on 19.0, didn't notice till now, thanks for the heads up!

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Well I do appreciate the quality content you guys put out during the past three years, perhaps I am just getting a bit inpatient, for a fact I'm slowly outgrowing games like this, and fear that I may no longer have the time and interest to see it finished. As for patreon, the biggest issue is that most content creators gain much more with slower production than quickly finishing their projects. I am just expressing my dissatisfaction with patreon, not targeting you and your team specifically.
Except then they're socially marked 'to be avoided'. They then try to dev under new names, but eh, that's why I'm no fan of subscription stuff.

nade00

Dec 24, 2019
Odd, i still couldnt play the game, it still gives me the same error last time, and i just downloaded the latest patch too. The error is so fast that i could barely screenshot it. Any tips on fixing this?.

image_2021-06-15_022346.png

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes