4.30 star(s) 124 Votes
Oct 29, 2017
Bro, will he tell everyone he has an ai inside him? Some secrets must be kept close to the heart and out of people's ears. like there wasn't a need for ana to know, she isn't part of your inner circle or a person you could trust. like he could have just tried to take charge and tell her to help him out, what would she do? say no? they either help or wait to die by a carnivorous virus

just me ranting. hopefully, the mc will start to take a more forward approach to things.
Considering what she just finished saying about her last interactions with the Islanders? Yes, she 100% would say no.

Reactions: SperryTop

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Do you have any non-standard characters in your file paths? The error is about being unable to find steam_appid.txt, which should definitely be there.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
Might as well slap a 'AI inside' logo on his forehead if MC just gonna reveal it to everybody he meets. Could have simply said we have an AI being vague like the Remnants have been with their info but no idiot has brag about Ai inside, health and even superpowers. It's a miracle if he doesn't get killed in his sleep and carved open to find the Ai inside him by the Remnants.

Logan3000x

Oct 10, 2018
Might as well slap a 'AI inside' logo on his forehead if MC just gonna reveal it to everybody he meets. Could have simply said we have an AI being vague like the Remnants have been with their info but no idiot has brag about Ai inside, health and even superpowers. It's a miracle if he doesn't get killed in his sleep and carved open to find the Ai inside him by the Remnants.
he could have just said that in the ruins inside the island, they have discovered a machine/computer with some records from before the fall or something.

Anto985

Feb 2, 2022
Do you have any non-standard characters in your file paths? The error is about being unable to find steam_appid.txt, which should definitely be there.
No I haven't changed anything except I added the WT mod on my last gameplay, if I delete the saves it could solve the problem?
What is the location of the saves?

Edit : I hadn't seen you had already given a fix, I put it in and the game loads :whistle::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
he could have just said that in the ruins inside the island, they have discovered a machine/computer with some records from before the fall or something.
> Reveals secret to 3 people after they explain a huge portion of history/knowledge to him
> "MC stupid af"

He's not going around bragging, but it was already clear that something was up given what happened with the raiders earlier. I think it's quite reasonable for him to offer that information in exchange for all the information he received. That's how you build (or rebuild, in this case) trust between people. Also, the Remnants aren't stupid - they're not going to carve him up to get at the AIs. That's more likely to be the case on the island if anything.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
To remind, the Remants they know exactly how genetical manipulation works, iIrc when they meet Zaya first time the girls they were wondering about the age, and the girls told them that they are alterd. (open that someone corrects me)
I see that aswell as an intend to build up trust, and find new allies, at least that was the conversation with Maria, they are looking for the cure, and need "scouts" to find places of interest, they don't are looking for Metal or only as a 2nd priority,
this awekening was necesary, and also Marias innerconflict, the stage is open for the next act,
The MC did well, he raised their atractivity as Allies.
Oh one thing what i wanted to remark is that the MC told Maria to give him the liquid after his contact with "Legacy" because he was told so.
Try to see it from Annas perspective : They were betrayed and left to die, No more trade,why should she help them ? as she said "if you find metal by yourself for what do you need us ?" she know exactly if the Island people wanted to invade them she wouldn't stand a chance they are outnumberd.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
I can sort of understand why she would behave a little strange, though I still think it's off the wall since I expected her to be even MORE free of the church bullshiit by now and a far greater distance in the near future, especially with the help of the 2 inner-monologues, and see THATS what I am getting at, its a direct result of continuous exposure to the vast range of knowledge they have already enjoyed that's going to make it much easier to realize that religion is a crock of shiit.
I guess it really upset me since I figured she should never feel the need to behave like that BUT yes she still isnt free of the indoctrination...which I hope changes in the VERY near future.
Why hasn't Legion given all the ignorant backwater people a crash course in "HEY-your-religion-is-a-crock-of-shiit-so-you-shouldn't-be-doing-everything-they-say-since-they-are-just-using-it-to-control-unediucated-minds-like-you-ffs", by now.
Good to see i'm not the only one being honest with one self, seeing ALL of this.
Especially but not exclusively in regards to this title.

Thank You, VERY Much Appreciated.
Society's BS needs addressed directly by everyone AND transparently for what it really is.
Conforming to narrative is never in anyone's best interests.

Again, Thank You VERY Kindly!(y)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
MrD812 , of course not ! I find this chapter quite satiric, to what the Religion has bekome today, and it was (I'm talking about the western) ever since a mere tool to control and manipulate the people.
but ok you know that I am an "heretic"

• Haha
Reactions: MrD812

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
MrD812 , of course not ! I find this chapter quite satiric, to what the Religion has bekome today, and it was (I'm talking about the western) ever since a mere tool to control and manipulate the people.
but ok you know that I am an "heretic"
Glad You enjoyed the chapter.
For me personally, no Thank You
As for religion, society conformity tool of slavery ever since the very start.

Do not view You as a Heretic brother but, comprehend what You're saying. (y)

Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Do not view You as a Heretic brother
I know, but you would be burnt right beside me :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: by the inquisition ;)
you didn't enjoy the chapter ? why ? what was the point that triggerd your critical analytical mind ?

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
I know, but you would be burnt right beside me :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: by the inquisition ;)
you didn't enjoy the chapter ? why ? what was the point that triggerd your critical analytical mind ?
Don't entertain conforming to anyone's designation so sorry brother, not gonna let it happen to either one of us.:LOL:
Since when do i need anything triggered to be directly blunt on how things are?
Re'read it calmly and You will fully see. (y)

Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
MrD812 ah ok now, i got it ! I didn't express myself acurate it was "that chapter" and no, I don't see myself as heretic

• Red Heart
Reactions: MrD812

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
NGL, I have no idea what this discussion is about, but I think it's quite clear that a major character development arc for both MC and Maria is about learning how the world truly is and growing as they learn more. Revelations provides a very big push, Chapter 16 will as well. :)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Pandaman Games sorry we drifted a bit apart, initally was it how each of us percive said character evolution, and since it involved Religion I refferd to an exchange we had per PM again sorry for sliding off topic !

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
> Reveals secret to 3 people after they explain a huge portion of history/knowledge to him
> "MC stupid af"

He's not going around bragging, but it was already clear that something was up given what happened with the raiders earlier. I think it's quite reasonable for him to offer that information in exchange for all the information he received. That's how you build (or rebuild, in this case) trust between people. Also, the Remnants aren't stupid - they're not going to carve him up to get at the AIs. That's more likely to be the case on the island if anything.
You don't reveal such vital information the 1st time you meet somebody, you give some information to keep them interested. Especially the Remnants who are smart enough to understand the danger MC can be to them if he decided to go against them. Zaya said it best they wouldn't hesitate to use what they know against MC. They should have stopped right after ' Maria gave me the content of one container' and Ana assumed that why he was so good. Just say Yes, no need to talk about AI, nanotech and superpowers. Maybe just AI in a box to pique their interest. Revealing Maria has one too was even worse completely unnecessary. Remnants gave no info about why they are taller, stronger and live longer, just a nugget of info.

I think the problem here is that you are the dev you know the story how remnant are, their story, thought process, the girls will be Lis etc but the MC doesn't and yes revealing everything at once makes him look stupid af. I just rolled my eyes and thought stupid idiot village bumpkin at that moment.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes