4.30 star(s) 124 Votes

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Thanks! (y) So, for the first, the journeymen (as they became) came together and decided who was best among them.
Makes sense.

So, if there are not many hunters, then it's presumably relatively easy to be considered a master (as long as you're better than the others).
As per "land of the blind men".
Also, if the title is bestowed by unskilled people, then they're probably bestowing them on numbers, not necessarily skill.
Or, as you say, as political favours.
Well, the notion of prestige usually brought in some kind of politics in the matter, but if there was not something to back it up, it could backfire to the one who publicly gave the title etc...

Ryuji

Jul 18, 2017
Yeah, the nipples are fixed. I have spent more time on those fucking nipples than the rest of her model combined. If you're in my Discord, you know just how much time and effort I've spent on those damn things...
I just finished the update, and the nipple problem still happens in the first scene at the lake (at least for me), just wanted to inform you.

• Sad
Reactions: Pandaman Games

Calvin Kloin

Jul 24, 2019
I was just chatting with ChatGPT about how horrible pox outbreak in time before the vaccine had been founded and immediately got a reply about this game. Where did it get the info I wonder?!

Putting that outbreak in a story where a girl of 15 years old lost her parents without a chance of saying good bye when she was in her uncle's house while the infected parents slowly dying

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Slickjack

May 29, 2020
https://f95zone.to/threads/price-of...:text=#2,352-,whichone said:,-If only Masters

Mastery just means that someone has expert level skills, knowledge & ability in a particular subject.
Also that they can creatively apply their knowledge, ability & skills.
They've mastered their craft.
Is there a Hunter's Guild on the island? lol
Is there actually an official title which gets bestowed, if there is no Hunter's Guild?
In terms of the story presented, yes there seems to be a Hunters' Guild - or at least some form of regulated Hunter system. If I recall correctly, when the MC described his desultory courting of Eve in the past, he mentioned that his time was monopolized by training for his Journeyman "ticket" (my term, not the author's). I seem to recall that there are about a dozen Master Hunters on the Island. Cape Breton Island is about 4,000 sq. miles and only the western portion of the island was populated. If some sort of requirement must be met to become a Journeyman Hunter that requires training to some specification, then someone had to create the specifications and ensure the specifications were met before anyone was conferred the level of Journeyman Hunter. It follows that if there is a ranking of Master Hunter, then someone had to create and ensure the qualifications of subsequent Master Hunters.

With a Guild-type system, at least the people determining who is a Master Hunter are people who have demonstrated a high level of skill in the craft. It could also be that the rank of Master Hunter is conferred by a political entity. In the latter case, the rank of Master Hunter is not granted by someone with as much knowledge of what makes a Master Hunter. I might point out that Doctoral candidates in our society are conferred their PhD's by other PhD holders. So, this concept of "a Master level is conferred by other Masters" is still with us long after the demise of the Medieval Guilds. It is not much of a stretch to consider it surviving the collapse four or five centuries before the time of the story. Certainly, I'd want the people engaged in needed and dangerous work to have been vetted by recognized experts in their field as opposed to some Council member who has never worried about filling his and his village's pot.

The MC's "childhood friend" (default name: Maria) mentions that the MC is the youngest to ever have been made/named/conferred the rank of Master Hunter in the Island. The MC also later refers to himself as a Master Hunter. So, yes, there is an official title of Master Hunter. There is also an official title of Journeyman Hunter, although we don't know how many exist on the Island. Presumably, there may be as many Journeyman Hunters as there are villages in the Island, perhaps more. We simply don't know. The use of craft guild terminology is not limited to Hunters, of course. Maria refers to herself as an Apprentice Explorer, apprenticed to her Uncle Jacob who was called Lord Explorer. It's also worth mentioning that the title of Lord Explorer is granted (or negotiated out of) the political entity on the Island, the Council. Maria, as of the last update, is the Lady Explorer and the MC will become Lord Explorer upon his marriage to Maria.

- sj

Calvin Kloin

Jul 24, 2019
I've been waiting for Emilia's side of stories. The dev seem to totally disregard her feelings and emotions. Both Maria and Michael refer her as friend on all occasions but there no physical contact whatsoever, zero. Even after she poured her hearth about some of those horrible experience that made her exiled, there's no hug, there's not even holding her hands to to make her feel cared for and loved, whether from Maria or Michael. A bit disappointed for me.

But maybe I am too hasty. I haven't finished all chapter but, it still feel weird. Their reaction to her feel so distant and whatever, she's-our friend-but-not-really, kind of thing.

Last edited:

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
I've been waiting for Emilia's side of stories.
They never really talk to her and I suspect that this is just because talking to her would reveal the plot too quickly.
Like how did she know that the AI juice would save Michael? She got bannished as a witch, then she seemingly gets Michael possessed, but nobody ever questioned her about it. Then there's the virus she kept to herself until it was too late.
Most of the things we learned from Ana this update, we could have learned from Emilia already. Maybe not the uncle's backstory, but things like the lake being a dangerous place that everybody avoids and the existence of AI and enhanced people seem like common knowledge.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

Calvin Kloin

Jul 24, 2019
As I continue reading, the dev trully lack any emphaty for Emilia. She deserve so much love.

Michael, not understanding and acted as if he was clueless as to why she feel sad, unwanted, and alone, even after she told him the past horrible tragic event happening in her life

How detached they are both michael and maria from feeling any kind of emphaty. They sent her there, alone, unaware or didn't really care about the danger, a falsely condemned witch, alone, in order to have a me-time?! How careless can they get.

And also aggreing to defile her house by burning a corpse even though she suggested it it still feels wrong. Her name is impossible to be restored at this point and Michael looks like a loser and a coward. It should be his responsibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomphap19

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
As I continue reading, the dev trully lack any emphaty for Emilia. She deserve so much love.

Michael, not understanding and acted as if he was clueless as to why she feel sad, unwanted, and alone, even after she told him the past horrible tragic event happening in her life

How detached they are both michael and maria from feeling any kind of emphaty. They sent her there, alone, unaware or didn't really care about the danger, a falsely condemned witch, alone, in order to have a me-time?! How careless can they get.

And also aggreing to defile her house by burning a corpse even though she suggested it it still feels wrong. Her name is impossible to be restored at this point and Michael looks like a loser and a coward. It should be his responsibility.
Yeah, SMH dev, what a jerk. :mad:

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Game_Roadmap_Template_Act4.png

Happy Monday everyone! This is a slightly longer update than usual, but don't worry, I won't drone on too much. Except for this intro, I guess. :p
Anyways, as you can see from the post, I've completed the Act IV roadmap! Chapter 16 will be out on April 21st and will include another slideshow (yay!) as well as some major interactions/decisions as relates to the romance plot. I won't say too much more about the roadmap since I don't want to give everything away, but the titles do have relevant meaning to the plot, so you can figure where we're going from here.
As a reminder, the game is planned for 30 chapters (six acts total, five chapters per act). The main plot will finish at Chapter 25 and Chapters 26-30 will be epilogue content. As I've said before, I don't like it when stories end once everyone is finally happy, so I'm making sure that we all get plenty of wholesome content once everything is done. :)
That's all for this dev update - thank you as always for all your support!
PS for subscribers - I haven't forgotten about Steam keys this month, I'm just waiting on a new batch of Steam keys from Valve. Once I get those, I'll be sending out the keys to qualifying subscribers ($15+ lifetime subscription). :)

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
To be fair what else could they have done?

The woman was already unwilling to offer any material help finding metal or looking for medicine. What else was she going to do? Deny them denial? Sure, it was a gamble but an understandable one. After all it's not like they have much time to sit around and gain her trust the old fashioned way.
He could have offered to help with the raiders more? He could have taken time to go away and discuss the problem with his group at which point EVERYONE could have agreed that it was a big risk but a risk worth taking? And those are just two ideas I came up without doing any actual thinking..

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
He could have offered to help with the raiders more? He could have taken time to go away and discuss the problem with his group at which point EVERYONE could have agreed that it was a big risk but a risk worth taking? And those are just two ideas I came up without doing any actual thinking..
I think you missed the part of that scene where everything had gone badly and they were forced to improvise on the spot or risk the old woman just walking away without a deal.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes