4.30 star(s) 124 Votes

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
Development Update #39 + Act V Roadmap

Lastly, for the entire rest of the year (and especially after Chapter 25 is done), I'll be taking suggestions for content for the epilogue chapters (26-30). I have a general idea of where I want to go with those chapters, but these epilogues are designed to be fan service, so... Tell me what you want to see! Stuff that doesn't make sense in the game obviously won't be included, but if you have a great scene idea or some sort of mini story arc I can work in, I'd love to hear it. :)
Our four ladies and MC travel down the coast and arrive at a ruined mall in New Jersey. Shenanigans on the escalator ensue.

Also, there they find a largely intact adult shop and accidentally get exposed to Sex Companion AI programmed to enhance sexual pleasure and performance characteristics (stamina, refractory period, ejaculate volume, genitalia size/shape, etc.) The player is given the choice to use the AI or not. If yes, then an epic lewd scene plays out, but the resources needed to sustain lead to a bad end for the resource-starved MC as his body is damaged beyond repair. The MC's consciousness is preserved in a simulation, which is in turn revealed to be what the player is experiencing even further into the future.

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
is there a map or some context that says where they are. Legacy says the island is where civilization is still now - that being Cape Breton Nova Scotia if I'm correct. Later mentions Nova Halifax in the southlands, that being mainland Nova Scotia if I'm correct??

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
is there a map or some context that says where they are. Legacy says the island is where civilization is still now - that being Cape Breton Nova Scotia if I'm correct. Later mentions Nova Halifax in the southlands, that being mainland Nova Scotia if I'm correct??
Yes, that's the general area where they are. So eastern Canada, initially isolated on an island off the coast.

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Updated my compressed Android port of The Price of Power to Chapter 20.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Link: -

Recouper

Jan 6, 2019
I went ahead and updated the WT mod to Chapter 20. You probably don't need it, but here it is anyway, enjoy!

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.
Mega
Who's the chick in your account picture?

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Allthough I'm shure he is refering to the British East India Company, there were a few more, the Spanish Colonialist also had a "Minstry of Indian afairs" which was the Institution which ruled the Colonization of South , Middle America and Mexico as well as the Philipines and other spanish overseas territory.
These companys were private enterprises, although suported by the respective Countrys.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The most important by far were the VOC, Vereenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie, in the XVII century and the British EIC in the XVIII century.

The Real Consejo de las Indias has nothing to do with them: it was the Spanish body cabinet which ruled the Indias from Madrid.
The East India companies were a bunch of privateers and buccaneers who did "whatever it takes" (namely: raiding and making wars) in the name of their own profit only.

Reactions: xapican

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
I've wanted to suggest this the author before but I keep forgetting to do it.

This is one of the best stories I've ever read in F95! With deep plots and great subject matter. I highly recommend that you consider writing this as a novel and submitting it in a manuscript to a publisher. Of course you'd probably need to replace the lewd pictures with written lewdness(or not depending on the publisher). Obviously you would need to expand some of the side stories such as the rebuilding of the Island folks and/or expanding on the controlling factions back on the mainland. But I have a strong suspicion that you'd be able to do that with flying colors based on what I've already read.

If you do decide to seek a publisher, please don't use a clearing house type of publisher. They'd just use you.

Great work and continued success!
I'm glad you've enjoyed the game so much! A novel would be cool some day, I agree. :)

I already can't wait for December!
I'm hyped to see Slideshows mentioned in the roadmap, I absolutely love those segments.
It may be cliché to say this, but this is one of the few games of this "type" I really adore for its story and worldbuilding. It's even inspired me to adapt some ideas into my D&D games!
Slideshows are a wildly underused medium. TBH, a couple people called PoP a slideshow, so I was inspired to show them what a real slideshow was... And it worked really well. :LOL:

Another good one Pandaman Games! East Island Trading Company is your best joke yet. Legacy is right, the thing writes itself :)
Glad you enjoyed that joke! I figured it wouldn't land for most people, but for the people that get it, it's pretty damn funny. :cool: Especially with Legacy wearing a pith hat, which I actually paid good money for. :LOL:

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
The AI's should know that Cape Breton has coal deposits that could be used for smelting the old steel, that would save the trees, as coal burns longer and hotter than wood - just saying

Reactions: DarhkBlu

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
The AI's should know that Cape Breton has coal deposits that could be used for smelting the old steel, that would save the trees, as coal burns longer and hotter than wood - just saying
Yes, there are currently coal reserves on that island that are barely profitable to mine and those reserves are underground. I'd imagine that several hundred years from now, there would be minimal coal left, and certainly none within reach of the island at their current level of technology. I did do my research, don't worry. :cool:

Viking63

Sep 25, 2020
Downloaded the game some days ago. At times too much text and long conversations, but as a whole, I like it! But one thing makes be a bit confused. The version I downloaded should be chapter 20, but I can't play more then to the end of chapter 19?

Iceviking

Jan 11, 2019
As others have said, it refers to the , one of countless instruments of English (and later, European) imperialism.
did first and foremost trade in Opium and in turn made England filthy rich and made it possible for England to become a powerhouse and the most evil empire mankind ever saw.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
did first and foremost trade in Opium and in turn made England filthy rich and made it possible for England to become a powerhouse and the most evil empire mankind ever saw.
OK, but let's not get into historical politics here anymore. There was a brief joke in the game, and that's that. Let's not get into all the ins and outs of things empires in the past have done, which ones are the worst, and so on. We're starting to get off topic now.

I am very interested to see what the future will hold for the characters. While I wouldn't have foreseen the explorers potentially settling the eastern part of their island and establishing almost an opposing new nation there, I do think that or any of the in-between or alternate options are extremely intriguing. And given the personalities of the current group traveling with the MC, the push and pull against their decisions provides a good amount of uncertainty about what for sure will happen, even if it may make a lot of sense when they do actually come to pass.

Slickjack

May 29, 2020
The East India Company (aka John Company) was established in 1600. It dealt, primarily, in spices acquired from the environs of the Indian Ocean, as far east as the Moluccas. It later expanded its trading operations to include textiles and other general goods. No one is going to say that the Company was uniformly peaceful, kind, and generous in its dealings in Asia. However, the opium trade did not begin until 1770, generations after the founding of the Company. This hardly represents being "first and foremost" trading in opium. I don't object to painting the East India Company as being a less than congenial actor (it did cause a series of wars in the Indian sub-continent, as well as the Opium Wars in the 19th Century) but let's try to get the facts straight. Did they trade opium for tea and porcelain? Yes. Was opium trading their first and foremost trading activity? No.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
4.30 star(s) 124 Votes