4.30 star(s) 124 Votes

TongueFork

Jan 27, 2021
Great update to a great story. The raw, brazen wholesomeness is a refreshing change of pace from most games. Not to mention Maria is something else, especially having seen her jealous side.

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
From what I've seen so far this is an unfortunate choice of title. In a medieval game named "Price of power" you expect characters and world setting full of schemes, difficult decisions, betrayal and power plays. And yet this has more in common to "my little pony" than GoT. And mostly linear with flavor choices.

Something like "Village of love and feels" would be more on brand.
Hehehe, just you wait. :sneaky: I told my fiancee the full plot of the game and she was like "Wow, so they're really barely at the beginning, huh?" Trust me, the name makes a lot of sense, as you'll see starting in Chapter 5 and really escalating through Act II. :)

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Hehehe, just you wait. :sneaky: I told my fiancee the full plot of the game and she was like "Wow, so they're really barely at the beginning, huh?" Trust me, the name makes a lot of sense, as you'll see starting in Chapter 5 and really escalating through Act II. :)
So there's so much more to the game that we barely scraped the surface and we're with Maria, MC and co for the long ride ?

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
I've just finished it. I can't believe I've never played this game before. The game is amazing. Characters design are top notch. Dialogue is really good. Story and characters are awesome. Especially Maria. God damn she is so cute and loveable. One of the best female characters designs on western style aduşt games. Also please Pandaman Games more and more Maria's jealousy events. It is really something else :love:

Reactions: Real Kreten

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
So the game will turn into a 'dark game' and the wholesomeness of it will be gone at somepoint? Well it kinda saddens me if it's the situation. I really liked the wholesome aspect of the game. Don't get me wrong I like twists, mind games...etc on games and I know everything is not sunshines and rainbows but I hope it won't turn into a dark-hopeless game and the wholesome aspects of it gone

Last edited:

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
So the game will turn into a 'dark game' and the wholesomeness of it will be gone at somepoint? Well it kinda saddens me if it's the situation. I really liked the wholesome aspect of the game. Don't get me wrong I like twists, mind games...etc on games and I know everything is not sunshines and rainbows but I hope it won't turn into a dark-hopeless game and the wholesome aspects of it gone
Nah, the game will always be wholesome. I couldn't imagine it any other way, TBH. But the wholesomeness comes from the characters (mainly MC and Maria) and how they work together to overcome obstacles, not necessarily from the world itself. Even if the world gets tough, they'll always be there for one another, get through it all together, and come out of those situations closer than ever. :)

gr33nappleboy

Jul 18, 2019
There's a pretty large gap between wholesomeness and darkness, my guy. LOL. You acknowledge twists and turns, yet at the slightest mention of change, you become paranoid? Relax, man.

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Nah, the game will always be wholesome. I couldn't imagine it any other way, TBH. But the wholesomeness comes from the characters (mainly MC and Maria) and how they work together to overcome obstacles, not necessarily from the world itself. Even if the world gets tough, they'll always be there for one another, get through it all together, and come out of those situations closer than ever. :)
hearing this made me really happy! thank you

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
Good chapter.

Jelly Maria is fun as everyone else has said. The uncle seemed wayyyyyyy too cool with it though. Hard to tell yet whether or not that is suspicious and there is more to MC's backstory/bloodline that explains it other than the uncle and MC's dad being good friends but at the end of the day MC is still a peasant and Maria is still a rich and important noble. I get Maria needs a supportive and loving spouse more than a rich one but this is still a pseudo (alternative timeline Europe?) medieval Europe right?

I don't see the harem tag anymore but I distinctly remember previously talking with the author and him mentioning harem potential so I wonder how that happens now. My previous theory of "Uncle suspicious so MC courts Emilia in public and Maria in private to throw off uncle and then falls in love with them both" seems to have been crushed so If he's still planning a harem ending It'll be interesting to see how we get there.

On a developmental note I gotta say this author is doing a good job with his updates. They are a decent size and very consistent. When I saw this game on 0.1 I thought "hmmm I'll come back in a year" but it's gotten good content on a regular basis. And shout out to devs that give women bush! (especially when it is with a virgin in the medieval era who would 100% have a bush at least at first).

I know the dev is super anti-NTR but I hope he doesn't fall into the trap of making every person to join their party or they come across a female potential LI. You see that with a lot of visual novels and it gets a little repetitive and cheapens the story (and it seems here like the dev is focused on melding a good story with adult VN elements). Being a DIK is so great because beyond all the women the friendships with Derek/Tommy/Rusty et al elevate the game further so hopefully MC gets a bro beyond the uncle.

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Good chapter.

Jelly Maria is fun as everyone else has said. The uncle seemed wayyyyyyy too cool with it though. Hard to tell yet whether or not that is suspicious and there is more to MC's backstory/bloodline that explains it other than the uncle and MC's dad being good friends but at the end of the day MC is still a peasant and Maria is still a rich and important noble. I get Maria needs a supportive and loving spouse more than a rich one but this is still a pseudo (alternative timeline Europe?) medieval Europe right?

I don't see the harem tag anymore but I distinctly remember previously talking with the author and him mentioning harem potential so I wonder how that happens now. My previous theory of "Uncle suspicious so MC courts Emilia in public and Maria in private to throw off uncle and then falls in love with them both" seems to have been crushed so If he's still planning a harem ending It'll be interesting to see how we get there.

On a developmental note I gotta say this author is doing a good job with his updates. They are a decent size and very consistent. When I saw this game on 0.1 I thought "hmmm I'll come back in a year" but it's gotten good content on a regular basis. And shout out to devs that give women bush! (especially when it is with a virgin in the medieval era who would 100% have a bush at least at first).

I know the dev is super anti-NTR but I hope he doesn't fall into the trap of making every person to join their party or they come across a female potential LI. You see that with a lot of visual novels and it gets a little repetitive and cheapens the story (and it seems here like the dev is focused on melding a good story with adult VN elements). Being a DIK is so great because beyond all the women the friendships with Derek/Tommy/Rusty et al elevate the game further so hopefully MC gets a bro beyond the uncle.
  1. Uncle Jacob has a lot of secrets, that's as much as I can say. :)
  2. Harem is definitely going to be a potential route, but not the only route. There's no harem content yet technically, so I guess that's why the tag got removed? IDK, I'm not a mod here
  3. I try to be very consistent with updates, so I'm glad you appreciate it!
  4. We'll just have to see what happens in terms of the group, but harem route or not, developing friendships between one another is going to be very important to me. :)

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Pandaman Games I played the new chapter and it was really great update, thanks for it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I dont know how many character you planned but I would like to ask something. Will MC be the only male with love interest in the game or there will be more male characters pursuing female characters or even pursuing Maria? I am not meaning about just rivals, I mean more like friendly characters or allies. And I am not meaning NTR. Some friends trying to find their own way to love while locking some girls for MC without any cheating would be good.

Will the whole game happen in southlands or will they return to mainland at some point? If they would return to civilization some contenders for some girls would be much more realistic in my opinion.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Damn! Another good chapter, and Maria, oh my! What amazing girl! Emilia seems a good character too, but for now, I can only see Maria path! She is too gorgeous! Great work, Pandaman Games !

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Pandaman Games I played the new chapter and it was really great update, thanks for it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I dont know how many character you planned but I would like to ask something. Will MC be the only male with love interest in the game or there will be more male characters pursuing female characters or even pursuing Maria? I am not meaning about just rivals, I mean more like friendly characters or allies. And I am not meaning NTR. Some friends trying to find their own way to love while locking some girls for MC without any cheating would be good.

Will the whole game happen in southlands or will they return to mainland at some point? If they would return to civilization some contenders for some girls would be much more realistic in my opinion.
I don't think having any serious competition for the MC for any of the girls would actually add much to the story, TBH. The focus of the story isn't to be a full slice of life, it's about following this group of people. Adding in any semblance of romantic competition would a) piss off a ton of people (including me, because I wouldn't enjoy writing that at all) and b) require me to deviate a lot from what I've already planned. So...Not happening, sorry.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I don't think having any serious competition for the MC for any of the girls would actually add much to the story, TBH. The focus of the story isn't to be a full slice of life, it's about following this group of people. Adding in any semblance of romantic competition would a) piss off a ton of people (including me, because I wouldn't enjoy writing that at all) and b) require me to deviate a lot from what I've already planned. So...Not happening, sorry.
It's your story tell it your way. To hell with other's opinions. This story has a great feel, go with it.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Text and textbox color are super hard to read. I have a hard time believing the developer even bothered to do a cursory playthrough of his game with how hard it is to read sometimes. Opacity literally changes nothing because of the textbox's color. Use a dark textbox if you want to make your text white, dude.

I've tried changing the text color in preferences but that option doesn't work. You give an option for a black text box but even at highest opacity it doesn't even work properly because the edges aren't covered by the textbox and it's still like 90% seethrough for the rest.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
I don't think having any serious competition for the MC for any of the girls would actually add much to the story, TBH. The focus of the story isn't to be a full slice of life, it's about following this group of people.
So, whole story will happen in southlands? By the way, whats the meaning of TBH?

Adding in any semblance of romantic competition would a) piss off a ton of people (including me, because I wouldn't enjoy writing that at all) and b) require me to deviate a lot from what I've already planned. So...Not happening, sorry.
Well, your story excellent anyway, no one need any changes in it :) Even if someone thinks it isnt, like UncleFredo said just ignore others opinions, its your story

Reactions: Gorse
4.30 star(s) 124 Votes