4.10 star(s) 45 Votes

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I only played the first 2 releases because the game seemed to go in a direction that I wouldn't like.

With the quality of the renders and a different setting the game probably could have made the money the Dev wanted but from what I remember the setting doesn't attrackt the biggest audience and games like that rarely make much money.

Hadgar

Jun 2, 2017

Pledges will be turned back on starting 01/12/2020.
There will be changes made to the tiers.

Will Primal Instinct continue?

• No.
Why are you turning pledges back on then?
  • New Project.
Why not just continue with Primal Instinct?
  • Not enough interest. After taxes, Primal Instinct is at a net loss.
If development on Primal Instinct came to a halt, is there a possibility of the same outcome with your new project?
  • Support for Primal Instinct was absolutely abysmal. The project lasted as long as it did because there was a small, but passionate following that realized how unique this story was. That being said, I will not have the same patience with the new project if there isn't sufficient support.
What made you decide to come back?
  • After a break I had a look at some of the shovelware currently being offered. With the exception of a few projects that I can count on one hand, it's pretty much all nightmare fuel. I'm the best and everybody else is playing catchup.
When can we expect the first release?
  • Renders burn electricity, and electricity costs money. I will calibrate my work load with the level of support.
What's the new project about?
  • Busting a nut to hot ladies! (Busting a nut in hot ladies if you make it worth my while.)
Will there be NTR?
  • Haven't decided. If there's enough interest, maybe.
Will there be animations?
  • When the project is supported at a level that warrants animations, yes. Until then, no.

Roadmap:
v.01 $600 = 1 month production.
v.02 $1200 = 1 month production.
v.03 $1600 = 1 month production.
v.04 - until completion $2000 = 1 month production.
To clarify, if support is only $300 a month, I'll will wait 2 months and then work 1 month on the project.

Is there anything I can do to help the project?

• The number one thing you can do is pledge. If you enjoy my work and think someone else is going to pledge, or the project is going to get the support it deserves without you, that's not how things work. If you're not able to pledge, the second best thing you can do is "word of mouth." Let people know about it.
I'll be releasing some previews of the main Love Interests... probably next week.

Silk...

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
This dev is such a moron.
If he just used whatever spare time he has towards the game and consistently released updates his Patreon would grow and he'd eventually be able to make some money. Saying: "I will not do any work until I make x money" is dumb as hell.
Who is going to pledge to him with these insane goals of $600 to start development of the game, another $1200 for the next update, $1600 for the next and then a consistent $2000 a month to continue development. :FacePalm:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

Pledges will be turned back on starting 01/12/2020.
There will be changes made to the tiers.

Will Primal Instinct continue?

• No.
Why are you turning pledges back on then?
  • New Project.
Why not just continue with Primal Instinct?
  • Not enough interest. After taxes, Primal Instinct is at a net loss.
If development on Primal Instinct came to a halt, is there a possibility of the same outcome with your new project?
  • Support for Primal Instinct was absolutely abysmal. The project lasted as long as it did because there was a small, but passionate following that realized how unique this story was. That being said, I will not have the same patience with the new project if there isn't sufficient support.
What made you decide to come back?
  • After a break I had a look at some of the shovelware currently being offered. With the exception of a few projects that I can count on one hand, it's pretty much all nightmare fuel. I'm the best and everybody else is playing catchup.
When can we expect the first release?
  • Renders burn electricity, and electricity costs money. I will calibrate my work load with the level of support.
What's the new project about?
  • Busting a nut to hot ladies! (Busting a nut in hot ladies if you make it worth my while.)
Will there be NTR?
  • Haven't decided. If there's enough interest, maybe.
Will there be animations?
  • When the project is supported at a level that warrants animations, yes. Until then, no.

Roadmap:
v.01 $600 = 1 month production.
v.02 $1200 = 1 month production.
v.03 $1600 = 1 month production.
v.04 - until completion $2000 = 1 month production.
To clarify, if support is only $300 a month, I'll will wait 2 months and then work 1 month on the project.

Is there anything I can do to help the project?

• The number one thing you can do is pledge. If you enjoy my work and think someone else is going to pledge, or the project is going to get the support it deserves without you, that's not how things work. If you're not able to pledge, the second best thing you can do is "word of mouth." Let people know about it.
I'll be releasing some previews of the main Love Interests... probably next week.

Silk...
It is kind of tragic and comic and the same time. He is being straight forward. He is being honest. He is explaining what he will do and why he is doing all that. These are all great things everybody asks in a developer. And in doing so, he is sounding like a douchebag.

First, you can't claim you are the best after the market told you to fuck off. At the very least if you believe that don't say it. People dislike that attitude. If you are not humble to account for your failures, at least fake it. I always spoke how his novel deserved way more support, that it made no sense to see total random fuck fest get a few thousand dollars and a good story so little. In the end, though, there are other non fuck fest that are still successful, so that should prove that it was his fault. There was something that did not appeal massively, even if myself like it.

Second, while I think it is extremely honest that he is saying exactly how much he is planning to earn with the project, again, not the way to go. If anything, he sounds like EA, looking only into the profits instead of building a nice relationship with his fan base, which ends up paying way more in the long run. This approach only makes people wonder why they should support someone that will bail on them as soon as numbers don't add up.

This guy seriously need to get someone to communicate for him. Getting half the money to pay an advertiser or a publics relationships guy would pay off so well in his case. He is a talented artist. But he really needs to get the business, communication part of the game better. Some companies are all about that.

Last edited:

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
Unfortunate that this game project is effectively abandoned. HOWEVER, given that we are now in the so-called , I think this goal is going to be mighty tricky, perhaps even impossible, to achieve in near future. Perhaps he should consider suspending works on his game projects until the recession passed if he continue to expect this kind of ambitious financial goal.

manman232

Feb 19, 2018
600 for the first version. Considering that the Dev don't have that much of a fanbase to begin with with Primal, as he states himself. The next one is pretty much doomed to fail. I hope he would just stick to primal. Put out updates and build up an audience. Every dev does build up their fanbase mostly this way. Then when Primal makes you a good amount of "Passionate fans" as he calls it. You can make anything since those fans already knows you stick to your games and you show reliability and trust that your projects will bear fruit. I mean this game is pretty much always in a recommendation fro great renders. And the roadmaps are set to each release. I can guarantee that not much people will support it right off the bat. With this kind of reputation and with most new games are skipped on the first few releases. Since people usually think the 1st release is too short. I can assure you that I won't be checking out the new game since I'm pretty sure I'll be blueballed like Primal did.

Shame.

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
Oh well another game with good potential bites the dust... kinda liked this one, shame! :(

Guess now that it's dead i will finish my remaining save paths and review/rate this when i have time.

HueyFreeman32

Jun 3, 2018
damn the comments before me is a tough crowd although i share in the sentiment that this was a great ip that should have reached its end . sad , hopefully the creator gets what they are looking forward to in the next one. i gotta say to cancel something i was lookin forward to in order to then hope people like myself come back with that in mind.... its rough. imma check out for his content if i see it but as far as patronage its tough. hopefully i like the next project even if imma always be upset at the first one being dropped. not sure the reasons but best to em regardless

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
i actually really liked this game. but the only reason i didnt patron was, well, i didnt want to just abandon the asian chick(been a while since i played and bad with names.) once i knew enough about her story. its either stay loyal to the wife and abandon the asian chick(granted if you went this route you wouldnt know her history.) or cheat on the wife and get to know her and possibly help her but you ruin the relationship with wife. the writing is great dont get me wrong but im not good at non Harem games (cause then someone ends up sad) but that's just me :LOL:

4.10 star(s) 45 Votes