4.10 star(s) 45 Votes

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Even if his next game is "better" (appeal to more people) I won't play it, maybe just follow by curiosity. It has to be extremely better because then he can stop at any moment, while at low support there will be 1 update per year or something like that

Reactions: HueyFreeman32

manman232

Feb 19, 2018
i actually really liked this game. but the only reason i didnt patron was, well, i didnt want to just abandon the asian chick(been a while since i played and bad with names.) once i knew enough about her story. its either stay loyal to the wife and abandon the asian chick(granted if you went this route you wouldnt know her history.) or cheat on the wife and get to know her and possibly help her but you ruin the relationship with wife. the writing is great dont get me wrong but im not good at non Harem games (cause then someone ends up sad) but that's just me :LOL:
At least you got a pretty good route with the one you wanted. I just wanted to get more of the magic brown lady. sadly that will never happen now. Was good while it lasted I guess

OniChichii

Dec 2, 2019
such a beautiful game with very nice story good caracters... this is just sad, hope the dev will reconcider what is asking is just stupid

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
This guy really has a bit of nasty arrogant attitude but if he makes a more simple and straightforward game with this level of visual quality I can totally see it blow up and get him all the cash he wants to make. :unsure:

Reactions: An Original Name

Nospamwss

Sep 6, 2017

Pledges will be turned back on starting 01/12/2020.
There will be changes made to the tiers.

Will Primal Instinct continue?

• No.
Why are you turning pledges back on then?
  • New Project.
Why not just continue with Primal Instinct?
  • Not enough interest. After taxes, Primal Instinct is at a net loss.
If development on Primal Instinct came to a halt, is there a possibility of the same outcome with your new project?
  • Support for Primal Instinct was absolutely abysmal. The project lasted as long as it did because there was a small, but passionate following that realized how unique this story was. That being said, I will not have the same patience with the new project if there isn't sufficient support.
What made you decide to come back?
  • After a break I had a look at some of the shovelware currently being offered. With the exception of a few projects that I can count on one hand, it's pretty much all nightmare fuel. I'm the best and everybody else is playing catchup.
When can we expect the first release?
  • Renders burn electricity, and electricity costs money. I will calibrate my work load with the level of support.
What's the new project about?
  • Busting a nut to hot ladies! (Busting a nut in hot ladies if you make it worth my while.)
Will there be NTR?
  • Haven't decided. If there's enough interest, maybe.
Will there be animations?
  • When the project is supported at a level that warrants animations, yes. Until then, no.

Roadmap:
v.01 $600 = 1 month production.
v.02 $1200 = 1 month production.
v.03 $1600 = 1 month production.
v.04 - until completion $2000 = 1 month production.
To clarify, if support is only $300 a month, I'll will wait 2 months and then work 1 month on the project.

Is there anything I can do to help the project?

• The number one thing you can do is pledge. If you enjoy my work and think someone else is going to pledge, or the project is going to get the support it deserves without you, that's not how things work. If you're not able to pledge, the second best thing you can do is "word of mouth." Let people know about it.
I'll be releasing some previews of the main Love Interests... probably next week.

Silk...
did not support the game because he was afraid that they would introduce "NTR" ... I see with the new game he also has no definition

sorry for google translation

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
This guy really has a bit of nasty arrogant attitude but if he makes a more simple and straightforward game with this level of visual quality I can totally see it blow up and get him all the cash he wants to make. :unsure:
A good start would be keeping the MC and the possible love interests in the same continent this time...

Last edited:

Deleted member 1906916

Jan 1, 2020
Roadmap:
To clarify, if support is only $300 a month, I'll will wait 2 months and then work 1 month on the project.
This dev is out of his fucking mind to think people will pay for this shit after he stop this one. Wouldn't be surprise if he use to work for EA

manman232

Feb 19, 2018
Roadmap:
This dev is out of his fucking mind to think people will pay for this shit after he stop this one. Wouldn't be surprise if he use to work for EA
I know! 2 months for maybe every 1/3 or 1/4 of the game. As I understand the dev also has a dayjob. so I don't think that 1 month production is one version. So at best $900 for each version maybe more..

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
A good start would be keeping the MC and the possible love interests in the same continent this time...
honestly this was a major reason that stopped me from getting really into the game. like sure we get to see their story as well but the choices were depressing on a few.

i could handle mom's coworker dying no problem if you didnt let him hook up with her. but the one with sister bugged the hell out of me. either let her flirt with dude at party and see content i dont care for. oooor make the half sister step in and make her the asshole in that situation which leads to depressing scene just cause i didnt want to see sister flirt with some dude lol

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
honestly this was a major reason that stopped me from getting really into the game. like sure we get to see their story as well but the choices were depressing on a few.

i could handle mom's coworker dying no problem if you didnt let him hook up with her. but the one with sister bugged the hell out of me. either let her flirt with dude at party and see content i dont care for. oooor make the half sister step in and make her the asshole in that situation which leads to depressing scene just cause i didnt want to see sister flirt with some dude lol
Yeah, I was more interested in those two from the beginning and later the other sister who didn't get the promotion (I won't even try to remember her name after all that time since we last saw her). I don't care for incest, I just like their models and personalities more and since you can see the younger sister is obviously in love with the MC from day 1, I was expecting to see some content with them after a while, but nope... You can only get something with the mother and the random dude who ends up dead and the younger sister getting it on with the half sister or flirting with a douche, which is not my thing either. At least those were both optional, but still the only actual content with them.

I mean the wife is likeable and her content was fun to play, but after 7 updates and most of the possible love interests still in the other side of the world, it didn't surprise me the game never took off, even if the renders are really good and the story above average. In the end of the day this is an adult game and you can't keep the MC focused players' (like me) or incest fans' attention forever, with dreams and optional content with other guys and girls.

Anyway, I'll probably check the new project out, because I know that it will at least look good, but when the description is something like "it will have hot chicks and if I get enough money, you'll get to bang them" and the tags are "I don't know..." that's not exactly encouraging...

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Wowow, Primal Instinct is a net loss? :D How is he paying taxes for this? Unless he registered himself as a business owner and files his Patreon income based on an unrealistic annually projected revenue :KEK: Did he say he's gonna make $15,000 a year with this? There's no other way he's paying taxes for developing this game. Unless he expects this to be his main source of income and he's filing this as income tax which even then is only a percentage of his total revenue.

This developer has talent for making good content, and potential to create something great. But he's terrible with business, apparently. Regrettably all the talent in the world means nothing if he doesn't finish his projects.

Regardless, he made his decision, still wish him the luck he needs to succeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darken_Ral

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
Wowow, Primal Instinct is a net loss? :D How is he paying taxes for this? Unless he registered himself as a business owner and files his Patreon income based on an unrealistic annually projected revenue :KEK: Did he say he's gonna make $15,000 a year with this? There's no other way he's paying taxes for developing this game. Unless he expects this to be his main source of income and he's filing this as income tax which even then is only a percentage of his total revenue.

This developer has talent for making good content, and potential to create something great. But he's terrible with business, apparently. Regrettably all the talent in the world means nothing if he doesn't finish his projects.

Regardless, he made his decision, still wish him the luck he needs to succeed.
Seem that he wasn't great at marketing, either, given the low number of Patrons he had. The number of Patrons peaked out at 103 in April 2020 according to this courtesy of Graphtreon. It has since then declined over the time up to now, briefly going up to 81 Patrons in August 2020 but went down again thereafter.

However, April 2020 was also in the early stages of the so-called so it stands to reason that many pledges had been cut due to the recession. It is well possible that many of those Patrons may have to prioritize their pledges overall or had to cease pledges completely at Patreon as a result. The creator seem to have made no allowance for this economic development beyond his control, however, in making the decision to cancel further development for "Primal Instinct".

The current recession is likely to continue for some time and, in fact, it have been projected that the recession will likely to continue into 2025 in some regions. It is also worth noting that the recession had been for quite some time coming, as the total industrial output globally had peaked in 2017 and had since then begin its sustained decline up to the beginning of the recession. This was also exacerbated by the corporate debt bubble that had been brought to dangerously high level as well.

I think his planned goal, which is rather ambitious, for the new project he announced is just as likely to be doomed to failure if the recession were to continue for quite some time. Quite frankly, I think he should have put the project on pause for the time being several months earlier instead of cancelling it entirely until the recession has passed sufficiently to justify resuming it.

HueyFreeman32

Jun 3, 2018
Seem that he wasn't great at marketing, either, given the low number of Patrons he had. The number of Patrons peaked out at 103 in April 2020 according to this courtesy of Graphtreon. It has since then declined over the time up to now, briefly going up to 81 Patrons in August 2020 but went down again thereafter.

However, April 2020 was also in the early stages of the so-called so it stands to reason that many pledges had been cut due to the recession. It is well possible that many of those Patrons may have to prioritize their pledges overall or had to cease pledges completely at Patreon as a result. The creator seem to have made no allowance for this economic development beyond his control, however, in making the decision to cancel further development for "Primal Instinct".

The current recession is likely to continue for some time and, in fact, it have been projected that the recession will likely to continue into 2025 in some regions. It is also worth noting that the recession had been for quite some time coming, as the total industrial output globally had peaked in 2017 and had since then begin its sustained decline up to the beginning of the recession. This was also exacerbated by the corporate debt bubble that had been brought to dangerously high level as well.

I think his planned goal, which is rather ambitious, for the new project he announced is just as likely to be doomed to failure if the recession were to continue for quite some time. Quite frankly, I think he should have put the project on pause for the time being several months earlier instead of cancelling it entirely until the recession has passed sufficiently to justify resuming it.
I completely agree with your points there
I think at least to a GD degree the creator sorely misjudged the consistent patreon numbers as this is an ongoing thing for us all. Now to he fair I don't know the dev situation themselves and the complete details of how they came to this decision. So I'm fine with leaving them room to correct us and stuff . Also the decision they made has made me disinterested in anything they do forward simply because how long if or when before that one gets cancelled as well? What if some projects is slow burns ? Among us was a unknown game to us all for years when it came out in 2018 but it finally got it's teeth on the world this year . So in theory and principles as this ain't a great one to one comparison, some things takes time to take off .

4.10 star(s) 45 Votes