4.10 star(s) 45 Votes

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
I do agree that visually the renders are pretty good. The writing is at least deeper than most games. Pacing was nice, the game is not just "pick a pervy answer and get rewards" or pervsim as some people call it. The setting I think is a very big problem. I think 3 or 4 people that you can have sexual relations are on different countries. which really limits it. I still think communication is a huge part. I have been following a game called Monster Girl Dreams since the patreon was only $100 I think. The best thing about that game is that the Dev had a discord where players shared their thought on how to balance the game. New ideas, now storylines or character development. even an amazing mod community that the Dev helps with. Even for just a simple text-based game. With the communication and updates and seeing what fans want he is now at $1700 a month and uses it to commission art and music for the game. I just hope that kind of work structure was with this kind of game.
Well, the writing isn’t as bland and shallow as a lot of these games; he can write great character beats that can be pretty effective. But we got to 0.7 when it stopped and really, very little happened in terms of moving the story forward. It alternated between filling us in on the backgrounds of the various cast members and sequences of vague and at times incoherent supernatural shenanigans. The MC doesn’t really have too much to do, and like you said, the setting only hurts this as most of the game actually takes place on the other side of the world away from him.

Communication would definitely help things, but I get the sense that the Dev wouldn’t be willing to hear it. Which is a shame, because he’s not untalented but he’s got some flaws in his storytelling.

Reactions: babocan

manman232

Feb 19, 2018
Well, the writing isn’t as bland and shallow as a lot of these games; he can write great character beats that can be pretty effective. But we got to 0.7 when it stopped and really, very little happened in terms of moving the story forward. It alternated between filling us in on the backgrounds of the various cast members and sequences of vague and at times incoherent supernatural shenanigans. The MC doesn’t really have too much to do, and like you said, the setting only hurts this as most of the game actually takes place on the other side of the world away from him.

Communication would definitely help things, but I get the sense that the Dev wouldn’t be willing to hear it. Which is a shame, because he’s not untalented but he’s got some flaws in his storytelling.
Since it's abandoned the supernatural is nonsense. But I did like it because there was a mystery that was being set up. As in my main playthrough I was being faithful, up until Samara interacted with the MC. Too bad there wasn't enough of her.

Reactions: HueyFreeman32

drcynic22

Dec 5, 2018
This guy acts like he's the second coming of DrPinkCake... Of course, he's got a talent for rendering, but his storytelling isn't good enough to act like an asshole and expect people to overlook it. Fact of the matter is, the only way to make money is to expect to take some losses, power through, build your reputation by putting out quality work, and treating your existing and your potential patrons with respect. Instead, this Silky guy just whined at people and acted like he was entitled to everyone else's money. I wouldn't ever support him until he actually delivered a finished product after his behavior here.

Jack-O

Oct 20, 2016
"SilkandMilk" <-- Read dev's name again? He'll offer silk and afterwards he wants to milk. The cow ran dry, so... Next silk offering and a new cow! At a certain point, the new silk becomes cotton again. And he'll end up bringing the cow to the butcher, like the other, the moment he sees it's starting to run dry. :whistle:

tgrogan21

Jun 5, 2017
This guy acts like he's the second coming of DrPinkCake... Of course, he's got a talent for rendering, but his storytelling isn't good enough to act like an asshole and expect people to overlook it. Fact of the matter is, the only way to make money is to expect to take some losses, power through, build your reputation by putting out quality work, and treating your existing and your potential patrons with respect. Instead, this Silky guy just whined at people and acted like he was entitled to everyone else's money. I wouldn't ever support him until he actually delivered a finished product after his behavior here.
Yup! Reading this:
What made you decide to come back?
  • After a break I had a look at some of the shovelware currently being offered. With the exception of a few projects that I can count on one hand, it's pretty much all nightmare fuel. I'm the best and everybody else is playing catchup.
The guy has some serious issues if he thinks he's better than most people doing it. There's a reason why he hasn't made the money needed to be successful at this and it's because he's an asshole. He refuses to engage his fanbase that he already has and then cries when he doesn't make money. Hope his new game does even worse and this is from someone who used to support him.

NerfMyPP

Apr 15, 2019
Yup! Reading this:
  • After a break I had a look at some of the shovelware currently being offered. With the exception of a few projects that I can count on one hand, it's pretty much all nightmare fuel. I'm the best and everybody else is playing catchup.
The guy has some serious issues if he thinks he's better than most people doing it. There's a reason why he hasn't made the money needed to be successful at this and it's because he's an asshole. He refuses to engage his fanbase that he already has and then cries when he doesn't make money. Hope his new game does even worse and this is from someone who used to support him.
this guy doesn't care about his fanbase..all he thinks about is money

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
Yup! Reading this:
Jesus, after reading the part you quoted from the creator (and which I somehow missed), it has become apparent to me that the creator isn't very modest about himself and that's saying as someone who values modesty as a virtue very strongly. I'm so turned off by this blatant vanity and what appear to be narcissism, the level which is possibly topped by our GLORIOUS American Overlord-President Donald "Suck My Truck" Trump.

tgrogan21

Jun 5, 2017
I'm not defending him but I think it was a sarcastic joke, nobody sane would say that seriously :unsure:
If you go by everything else he has said and done in the past year, that was 100% not a sarcastic joke. He truly believes he is the best game dev to ever walk this earth.

Just some more stuff from that same post on Patreon:
If development on Primal Instinct came to a halt, is there a possibility of the same outcome with your new project?
  • Support for Primal Instinct was absolutely abysmal. The project lasted as long as it did because there was a small, but passionate following that realized how unique this story was. That being said, I will not have the same patience with the new project if there isn't sufficient support.
When can we expect the first release?
  • Renders burn electricity, and electricity costs money. I will calibrate my work load with the level of support.
What's the new project about?
  • Busting a nut to hot ladies! (Busting a nut in hot ladies if you make it worth my while.)
Will there be animations?
  • When the project is supported at a level that warrants animations, yes. Until then, no.
Roadmap:
v.01 $600 = 1 month production.
v.02 $1200 = 1 month production.
v.03 $1600 = 1 month production.
v.04 - until completion $2000 = 1 month production.
To clarify, if support is only $300 a month for v.01, I will spend 15 days of that month on the project.
INSUFFICIENT INTEREST IN THE PROJECT WILL RESULT IN IT'S CANCELLATION.

Every time he posts it's about money and if we make it worth it to him. That's the only thing the guy cares about and is a reason he'll never be successful. He's only getting $174 currently, no way he'll ever reach $600 a month when he's only going to be working 5-10 days a month. It would take him YEARS to get out 3 updates.

Vitez

Dec 9, 2017
Maybe a new project which could attract some new audience is actually his best choice. Short new game. But it's plain as a day that he's bitter and maybe envious. Maybe for a reason. In any case, if he continue the same attitude with a new game he'll never get to his goal...which is being in profit. Does he even love/like what he does? Ofc praise doesn't "put food on the table" but it's delusional to think that anyone makes a profit from this kind of work. You could probably put creators on one hand that indeed make money from this.

manman232

Feb 19, 2018
If development on Primal Instinct came to a halt, is there a possibility of the same outcome with your new project?
  • Support for Primal Instinct was absolutely abysmal. The project lasted as long as it did because there was a small, but passionate following that realized how unique this story was. That being said, I will not have the same patience with the new project if there isn't sufficient support.
With this mindset, nothing will ever get done. Case in point, throw Primal away and more that half of the support is already gone. I think the new game will only be reach to only .1 in progress. considering how low the support is, it's gonna take forever to make which will slowly lose the interest of the supporters. Not to mention the current supporters not getting their money's worth by paying monthly and maybe getting an update every 4 months at least since the workload is based on the support. which supporters will think that this project is just a sinkhole for money and cancel their support. and thus, cancelling the project

Malkovichi

Aug 23, 2018
Don't blame developer plz. His game was totally unpopular and I understand his frustration. It's hard to invest a lot and get nothing in return. Games with an emphasis on plot usually have a difficult fate . That's why most supported games here is this horrible "honey select" trash. Eat shit, millions of flies can't be wrong.

manman232

Feb 19, 2018
Don't blame developer plz. His game was totally unpopular and I understand his frustration. It's hard to invest a lot and get nothing in return. Games with an emphasis on plot usually have a difficult fate . That's why most supported games here is this horrible "honey select" trash. Eat shit, millions of flies can't be wrong.
When it comes to Primal, with only 7 updates. it's not that much. There were complaints of basically half of the girls are away. The story was unique. The renders were very respected and I used to see them on recommendations of great renders. I think what people are blaming the dev is the outrageous milestones for the new game. Also most devs that have great backings and support are doing it as a hobby. Where patreon supports only get early access on the game and exclusive renders. Or at least that's how they start. As a starting Dev your first or two games is to build a fanbase. So no matter what games after that you make that fanbase will follow. I've seen a few text-based games that get more support that 3d, decently rendered and some animated games.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
When it comes to Primal, with only 7 updates. it's not that much. There were complaints of basically half of the girls are away. The story was unique. The renders were very respected and I used to see them on recommendations of great renders. I think what people are blaming the dev is the outrageous milestones for the new game. Also most devs that have great backings and support are doing it as a hobby. Where patreon supports only get early access on the game and exclusive renders. Or at least that's how they start. As a starting Dev your first or two games is to build a fanbase. So no matter what games after that you make that fanbase will follow. I've seen a few text-based games that get more support that 3d, decently rendered and some animated games.
He, the dev, most probably is just joking (out of frustration) with all those "milestones" and such.
He gave up this game a long time ago, pissed due to low support (which is true if one compare it to few similar projects. yet that is just how things sometimes go - annoyingly slow) he had no patience, tried to push things up as best as he knew, and left it all switching his attention to other things in his life.

manman232

Feb 19, 2018
He, the dev, most probably is just joking (out of frustration) with all those "milestones" and such.
He gave up this game a long time ago, pissed due to low support (which is true if one compare it to few similar projects. yet that is just how things sometimes go - annoyingly slow) he had no patience, tried to push things up as best as he knew, and left it all switching his attention to other things in his life.
I can see that to an extent. Though I'd have to disagree on the milestones being a joke. Since the milestones post was made when the patreon was on 350-ish, it was going down from the 397 at peak of Primal I think. That was why at 300, a 1 month wait as originally stated. I think if he just put those conditions on Primal. I think it would be somewhat more reasonable. since there was already a foundation. There were already a fanbase on the game. Though small, very dedicated. I surely was, this is still the only abandoned game I keep up with hoping that it will get revived. The fanbase was small, for his first game, it's one hell of a start.

Reactions: lTTMl
4.10 star(s) 45 Votes