masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Just a follow up, it seems that "Patch1630378545.rvdata2" seemed to be the culprit. While I'm still having the black screen issue on my main save, doing a NG+ or a new game entirely seems to work now.

I think I'll stay away from BirdP for a while now lol.
Thanks for letting me know! I'll see about looking into it but until then I'll just flag it as glitchy so I don't include it in future versions.

trilosis

May 23, 2017
Thanks for letting me know! I'll see about looking into it but until then I'll just flag it as glitchy so I don't include it in future versions.
While I'm glad that one troublesome patch has been found, I've just been getting the black screens again after about half a month ingame, as well as freezing on the map. I'll try to play around with the patches and see if another one is responsible for causing these issues later on.

Reactions: masterdragonson

KinkyFoxXX

Jan 30, 2021
1. So what are the abilities of all the princesses. The wiki doesn't tell you.
2. How come the wendigo form is next to the to the wendigo princess in the menu?

Last edited:

trilosis

May 23, 2017
While I'm glad that one troublesome patch has been found, I've just been getting the black screens again after about half a month ingame, as well as freezing on the map. I'll try to play around with the patches and see if another one is responsible for causing these issues later on.
Another follow up, I tried disabling the remaining patches one-by-one with no change. Completely removing the patches entirely does not seem to fix anything either (at least on my end). The only thing thats seems to work now is simply doing NG+ again or an entirely new save, and who knows if that'll work for the foreseeable future.

I'm starting to think that the recent changes made to the overworld seemed to cause the core problems, with the problematic patch file being a one-time issue.
I think I'm going to stop playing this game until such issues with the game are confirmed to be fixed, which is a shame as I really enjoy this game and have been a patreon for quite a good while now.

If anyone else is having similar issues, lemme know. I'm not sure I'll be stumped or relieved to know if I'm the only one having this issue.

• Thinking Face

trilosis

May 23, 2017
1. So what are the abilities of all the princesses. The wiki doesn't tell you.
2. How come the wendigo form is next to the to the wendigo princess in the menu?
1. Off the top of my head, anyone is free to respond with the rest if they like.

- HumanP = Shield with arousal added after a few campfire events.
- SlimeP = Turns into a puddle of slime, can be used for stealth I think. Works to sneak into castles at night too.
- KoboldP = Able to dodge/large jumps.
- GolemP = Can turn into a giant Golem with better stats temporarily.
- GhostP = Scares everyone away temporaily.
- MothP = Puts enemies to sleep temporarily. Works to sneak into castles at night too.
- WyvernP = Able to fly.
- WendigoP = Able to shapeshift.
- MossP = Turns into a puddle like SlimeP I think.
- ScarecrowP = Anyone who BF's her takes huge damage or dies.
- MimicP = Shields herself in her chest to take less damage.
- All Princess turned Succubus = Flight at night and can put people to sleep.

2. Not sure what you're talking about, sorry.

trilosis

May 23, 2017
Has anyone tried to mod this thing? There's the 2 patches, how did those function?
The "CHEATS PATCH" on the front page isn't a patch at all, it's simply the cheat codes for the current version of the game. "Patch1" is the first patch of the current version of the game (I think there are two patches). These patches will become obsolete when the a new version of the game comes out without patches. If you play with the beta builds of the game, they are not needed to my knowledge.

Our lord and saviour masterdragonson has made unofficial patches that include small features and QOL updates. Please read the description of the patches for a little bit more info on what they do as well as warnings on any of the patches.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Another follow up, I tried disabling the remaining patches one-by-one with no change. Completely removing the patches entirely does not seem to fix anything either (at least on my end). The only thing thats seems to work now is simply doing NG+ again or an entirely new save, and who knows if that'll work for the foreseeable future.

I'm starting to think that the recent changes made to the overworld seemed to cause the core problems, with the problematic patch file being a one-time issue.
I think I'm going to stop playing this game until such issues with the game are confirmed to be fixed, which is a shame as I really enjoy this game and have been a patreon for quite a good while now.

If anyone else is having similar issues, lemme know. I'm not sure I'll be stumped or relieved to know if I'm the only one having this issue.
Well the NG+ does fix a lot of issues since Towerfag actively updates that section. A fresh new game has a lot of old issues since certain parts of the game have fallen under neglect over the years, such as the Kobolds arrays not being defined correctly. Various things could be improved by making sure arrays are properly initialized, it sometimes happens with all the randomly generated NPCs...

There was an save bloat thing that I don't think was every really fixed. This happens when a save file gets significantly larger than 20 MB, I speculated it might have something to do with the Path Finding however every save I looked at with this glitch would shrink and that was probably do to the debugger I attached... Since Auto Save happens at end of day if I remember right (It's been awhile since I've dived deep into things) that that could compound the saving/loading problems.

Then again I discovered some problems with how the scripts were placed in Common Events. An example off the top of my head is the Cardinal Bell and how it changes genders, somewhere around when you select a character and it waits to execute the command the NPC ID gets changed by something else which results in the wrong character getting altered. Probably not an isolated occurrence but some of these Common Events have a firing order that's like a train engine...

The Achievement System is also capable of slowing things down substantially so if you haven't tried cheating it might be worth it for the performance boost ;)

The patch you noticed only forces the populations not to drop so something could be unique with the Bird Realm.

If you wanted to could try decrypting the game and using the Script and see if this problem persist.

Has anyone tried to mod this thing? There's the 2 patches, how did those function?
Depends on the patches you're talking about but most of mine override the Common Event they are associated with. While it takes more time I tend to keep them separated by the functions they do and most of what they do are explained in the notes.

The official patches tend to handle various bugs though the bug in the that handles Maps was never officially addressed.

As for modding this game having RPG Maker VX Ace Editor, RGSS-Decryptor, and some knowledge of Ruby would be helpful. Just make the changes you want in the Editor, use the Patch System to save those changes, and distribute the Patch that is generated. Should be noted that the Patches take a naming precedence and if you haven't used the unofficial fix provided by Happily_Hitsuji only the last patch with Map Updates will be the one that is used, this doesn't effect Common Events though the last one loaded will still be the one to alter that specific Common Event.

Edit: Almost forgot a very important thing, for the love of cheesecake back up "System\RGSS301.dll"! This game uses a custom dll and if you don't use that specific one the resolution will get jacked when RPG Maker VX Ace Editor overwrites that with a generic one.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: MinXe and trilosis

trilosis

May 23, 2017
Well the NG+ does fix a lot of issues since Towerfag actively updates that section. A fresh new game has a lot of old issues since certain parts of the game have fallen under neglect over the years, such as the Kobolds arrays not being defined correctly. Various things could be improved by making sure arrays are properly initialized, it sometimes happens with all the randomly generated NPCs...

There was an save bloat thing that I don't think was every really fixed. This happens when a save file gets significantly larger than 20 MB, I speculated it might have something to do with the Path Finding however every save I looked at with this glitch would shrink and that was probably do to the debugger I attached... Since Auto Save happens at end of day if I remember right (It's been awhile since I've dived deep into things) that that could compound the saving/loading problems.

Then again I discovered some problems with how the scripts were placed in Common Events. An example off the top of my head is the Cardinal Bell and how it changes genders, somewhere around when you select a character and it waits to execute the command the NPC ID gets changed by something else which results in the wrong character getting altered. Probably not an isolated occurrence but some of these Common Events have a firing order that's like a train engine...

The Achievement System is also capable of slowing things down substantially so if you haven't tried cheating it might be worth it for the performance boost ;)

The patch you noticed only forces the populations not to drop so something could be unique with the Bird Realm.

If you wanted to could try decrypting the game and using the Script and see if this problem persist.

Depends on the patches you're talking about but most of mine override the Common Event they are associated with. While it takes more time I tend to keep them separated by the functions they do and most of what they do are explained in the notes.

The official patches tend to handle various bugs though the bug in the that handles Maps was never officially addressed.

As for modding this game having RPG Maker VX Ace Editor, RGSS-Decryptor, and some knowledge of Ruby would be helpful. Just make the changes you want in the Editor, use the Patch System to save those changes, and distribute the Patch that is generated. Should be noted that the Patches take a naming precedence and if you haven't used the unofficial fix provided by Happily_Hitsuji only the last patch with Map Updates will be the one that is used, this doesn't effect Common Events though the last one loaded will still be the one to alter that specific Common Event.
I appreciate the insight you've given as well as the resources you've provided. However, I'm not proficient in decrypting to such an extent or using the Exit-EX. I'm not sure what I'd do with the debug script either, sorry. Thank you anyway.

• Thinking Face

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I appreciate the insight you've given as well as the resources you've provided. However, I'm not proficient in decrypting to such an extent or using the Exit-EX. I'm not sure what I'd do with the debug script either, sorry. Thank you anyway.
I get your concern young polliwog but it's really not as complex as you think :WeSmart:
  1. The RGSS Decryptor was included in the attached file. You simply drag-an-drop "Game.rgss3a" onto "RgssDecrypter.exe" and let it do it's thing. There are close to 33 thousand graphic files so decryption will take awhile. Alternatively you can read up on the command lines. Once it's done you can delete or rename "Game.rgss3a"
  2. To use Exit-EX just copy the "Data" and "System" folders in the attached file and overwrite the ones generated by the Decryter. The main thing with this debugger is it changes how RPG Maker VX Ace handles errors and tries to gracefully exit which in itself is a vast improvement in how RPG Maker VX Ace originally handles errors.
  3. As for what you would do with it? It simply being installed improves error handling and you can use it to read some reports it generates as it tries to save those to the game directory in "errors.txt". In all honesty though I'm mostly curious if just attaching a debugger would have any effect :coffee:

• Red Heart
Reactions: MinXe and trilosis

trilosis

May 23, 2017
I get your concern young polliwog but it's really not as complex as you think :WeSmart:
  1. The RGSS Decryptor was included in the attached file. You simply drag-an-drop "Game.rgss3a" onto "RgssDecrypter.exe" and let it do it's thing. There are close to 33 thousand graphic files so decryption will take awhile. Alternatively you can read up on the command lines. Once it's done you can delete or rename "Game.rgss3a"
  2. To use Exit-EX just copy the "Data" and "System" folders in the attached file and overwrite the ones generated by the Decryter. The main thing with this debugger is it changes how RPG Maker VX Ace handles errors and tries to gracefully exit which in itself is a vast improvement in how RPG Maker VX Ace originally handles errors.
  3. As for what you would do with it? It simply being installed improves error handling and you can use it to read some reports it generates as it tries to save those to the game directory in "errors.txt". In all honesty though I'm mostly curious if just attaching a debugger would have any effect :coffee:
Thanks for the instructions, I managed to get it installed per your instructions. Unfortunately, it seemed that the decryption/script didn't seem to have any effect. Curiously, no "error.txt" file was ever created after blackscreens and crashes.

cbmcbmcbmcbm

May 13, 2021

Edit: Almost forgot a very important thing, for the love of cheesecake back up "System\RGSS301.dll"! This game uses a custom dll and if you don't use that specific one the resolution will get jacked when RPG Maker VX Ace Editor overwrites that with a generic one.
Welp, there's probably worse ways to spend an afternoon. Time to learn a new language. Thanks.

ps: Not entirely sure what the patch system is, something in the editor or whatnot? Or how patches work exactly, but w/e there's time for that. But is the Hitsuji fix you mentioned ?

• Thinking Face

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Welp, there's probably worse ways to spend an afternoon. Time to learn a new language. Thanks.

ps: Not entirely sure what the patch system is, something in the editor or whatnot? Or how patches work exactly, but w/e there's time for that. But is the Hitsuji fix you mentioned ?
No that's the original source but it's good for telling you how it works.
There are two bugs with it that are relevant to this game.
  • Happily_Hitsuji adjusted that code so it wouldn't scrap any other Map Updates.
  • I also made an adjustment so it correctly displays the Map Names
The modified script is in the link from that other post

3.50 star(s) 55 Votes