Unity Completed Princess Defender~The Story of the Spirit Princess Eltrise~ [v1.01] [NineBirdHouse]

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes
Aug 23, 2018
I gave my stuff a good read again, and boy it is shitty. Typos and weird sentences everywhere. I almost regret sharing it as is lol. Maybe I'll give it a do over and actually complete it this time

Reactions: Zippix
Aug 23, 2018
On the topic of translation, I was wondering on how I should translate the name of the Orc King, Vold. His Japanese name is ヴォルド (Vu~orudo). Would Vold be good? Maybe Volde? Or something else?

Aug 23, 2018
Made some progress. Corrected a bunch of typos and misspellings. Finished the three defeat scenes of stage 6. So only stage 7 remains in MTL. Also did the skills and units descriptions. There's still a bunch of "low priority" texts left untranslated. They are mostly the "are you sure" and "yes or no" texts that are intuitive enough for the MTL to handle.

Ah, and if the translator took a second to give you the English text, don't panic. It's because of how those particular texts are being fetched from the translation, so not much I can do about it. But it usually only happens with unit/skills stats and descriptions. All story and defeat scenes texts will still load instantly.

Anyway, here you go. You can just dump it over the old one and let it overwrite everything. Or use this one as is if you don't have the old one.

(ps. I went with Volde as the name of the orc king)

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
They need to be purchased? It's like for example vold scene is her with pieircing nipples right? Where she calls him danma sama and all that and the scenes auto scroll the text forcibly right?

Aug 23, 2018
For the 4th "omake" (bonus) scenes, you can either buy them using the crystal currency, or unlock them for free by beating the 4 post-game levels. Each level unlocks 1 or 2 scenes, to a total of 7

Aug 23, 2018
And with this, all of the defeat scenes have been translated. I tried to translate the various titles effects and unlock conditions in the status screen, but for the love of god I can't seem to make the translation use the one I made instead of the jumbled MTL. It's still understandable, if barely. But someone else would have to figure out what can be done about that.

For now, I consider this to be "finished". All the texts I deem important to understanding the gameplay and story (that can be translated anyway) has been translated. Shouldn't be any more updates, unless I decide to fix a bunch of missed typos (again) in the future

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
So, first of all, thank you very much to PassingDrifter for the work you put into this. Edited MTL or no, you did a lot more work than the ^^$%^$ that originally "translated" this game. That deserves praise. The game still has issues, but even with the occasional gibberish in the title and upgrade menus, it's still very much playable, and at least we now know what's going on.

The funny thing is, I played this game a loooooooooooooooooong time ago in JP. So long ago in fact that ver 1.01 didn't exist at the time, along with the additions it brought to the game. I kept it around since then because the animations and scenes were damn good even when I had no idea what was going on beyond elf-knight-princess fighting orcs, monsters and other elves for some reason. I didn't even know that the dark-elf chick was her sister.

It's really nice that I was now able to enjoy the full thing, get to know the story behind it all and got some extra stuff besides that. I always did think that it was a waste that the ultimate elf unit didn't have her own animation. Didn't expect one for the spirits though. Wish they did more with the final boss tho.

In any case, the gameplay was fun, the story was simple and didn't overstay its welcome and you had a consistent sense of progression throughout it all.

That said, getting that last title was a pain. Like seriously. EX-4 on Very Hard was pain. Maybe I just suck at the game, but I had to do with max upgrades for the princess, the troops, and combined with the Order Troops skills as well as the Ultimate skill, the beam saber one that can be upgraded at most to lvl 8... and even then I nearly lost a couple of times. And for all that pain, you, for some reason, get a title that makes even the Very hard difficulty into a joke. 4 second beam-spam+ more, that's all that needs to be said.

Not that you NEED to get that title. I'm just a completionist. You can get all the H-content on Very Easy without too much hassle. I don't think you'll even need to grind because the EX stages drop a lot of crap, and you need to beat those on any difficulty level once for the Omakes.

Aug 23, 2018
Thank you for the kind words. I only attempted this as an exercise in reading Japanese, but boy this took a lot more effort than I was expecting at first lol. Because it's not just translation, but also typesetting, and working around limited text space. Not to mention all the headaches I've got from trying to make the upgrades and status texts work, brr. I don't think I'll ever be up to translate a game again after this. And even then, it only resulted in a "barely working" translation. Can't imagine how much work would need to be done to make it into a proper one. It sure has made me respect translators a whole lot more though. Well done to those guys, 'cause I sure don't envy having to do this for a living.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Neither did I, when I first played the game years ago. One of the reason I tried to translate this is because the scenes are so much better when you know who's who, and what is going on. Nothing is more arousing than context, after all (¬‿¬ )

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
PassingDrifter
lmao hahaha i can tell you had a lot of fun portraying the orcs, huh!
i like what you did btw, that harr yarr tone of speaking etc haha XD
oh but i've come to give a heads up, some things are off,
like that part where eltr- um, eriza XD says 早く抜け出さないと, she's actually thinking: Oh, no, i need to break free quickly!, or get out of here, or escape, as soon as possible, etc.
And another one, the first line that Volde says to Eriza he tells her: Looks like you're in a pinch, huh, Eriza?. As in pinch=dire situation. Heroine in a pinch.
I haven't watched all the scenes yet though.
Anyway, those are just two tidbits, everything is amazing friend! Thank you very much!

Aug 23, 2018
lmao hahaha i can tell you had a lot of fun portraying the orcs, huh!
i like what you did btw, that harr yarr tone of speaking etc haha XD
Yeah I made the translation of the first stage way before I decided to do the whole game. It was originally just for a bout of practice. Then I realized making the orcs do the pirate talk all the time is way more annoying than I thought (to emulate their "rough" way of speaking in the Japanese script), so as you can see I dropped it immediately by the time I wrote the script for stage 2 lol.

早く抜け出さないと, she's actually thinking: Oh, no, i need to break free quickly!, or get out of here, or escape, as soon as possible, etc.
The kanji 抜 has a meaning of "to pluck or extract something". If she wanted to say get away, she would have used 逃 which means to run away or escape.

And another one, the first line that Volde says to Eriza he tells her: Looks like you're in a pinch, huh, Eriza?. As in pinch=dire situation. Heroine in a pinch.
The first line of his defeat scene, I assume? He says this. "クックックッ……良い姿じゃないか。 なあ、エルトリーゼ?"
To translate it as closely as possible;"Kukuku...what a good look. Right, Erutorize?"
I rewrote it as "Kukuku...you're looking good. Don't you think so, Eriza?"

Well, that's only from what little I know of course, so I might still be mistaken. But yeah I did take some creative liberties with the writing. Sometimes translating the Japanese script as closely as possible resulted in some weird ass sentences. So I had to rearrange or even change the meaning of some lines just to fit my arbitrary standard lol. Sorry about that.

In any case, I'm glad you're enjoying it! If even one person had their experience of the game enhanced because of my TL, that'd make all the effort of making this worth it.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
like that part where eltr- um, eriza XD says 早く抜け出さないと, she's actually thinking: Oh, no, i need to break free quickly!, or get out of here, or escape, as soon as possible, etc.
The kanji 抜 has a meaning of "to pluck or extract something". If she wanted to say get away, she would have used 逃 which means to run away or escape.
Out of morbid curiosity, what did that line end up translated to?

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes