Others Completed Princess of the Ring 2 [v1.02] [Toffi-sama]

3.90 star(s) 8 Votes

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Some of Toffi's other games had futanari content (Melly's Adventure, Fairy War), which is probably what you're thinking of. The first POTR was yuri only, which was kinda the focus of POTR. He said early on when he started making POTR 2 it would be yuri only.
beside Raped and POTR in Toffy's games there is futa content

Sep 10, 2019
Some of Toffi's other games had futanari content (Melly's Adventure, Fairy War), which is probably what you're thinking of. The first POTR was yuri only, which was kinda the focus of POTR. He said early on when he started making POTR 2 it would be yuri only.
Girl-on-girl is going to be the main focus for POTR2 for the forseeable future, but getting futa content down the line once everything else is finished isn't out of the question.

1650636356355.png

It'd make sense to do, why bother making a whole new futa game from scratch as your next project when you have the perfectly good framework for a game sitting right there just waiting for more stuff?

Reactions: 56826296

crazydan

Jul 26, 2017
Is it me or are the controls super wonky? After a grab, you press a directional? but it seems to just kinda do whatever it wants instead of responding to your choice. You press down, it goes left. you press right it goes up... like... what?

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
Is it me or are the controls super wonky? After a grab, you press a directional? but it seems to just kinda do whatever it wants instead of responding to your choice. You press down, it goes left. you press right it goes up... like... what?
works fine to me

omp123

Sep 25, 2017
sounds like your keyboard is turned 90 degrees

Zetstrike

Dec 29, 2018
Toffi Posted

Time for a new update! Very long text incoming.

Hope you guys enjoyed the last demo.

Now that the first Sex attack is in the game and it’s possible to have a basic fight from start to finish as intended, it also means we can have a clearer picture of the gameplay-loop. Imagining how a system works, writing it down and turning it into code is one thing, but actually playing it is a very different thing. You can see a lot of stuff you couldn’t before, get a feel for the “flow” and you can also test how intuitive the whole system is.

When I first envisioned the fighting system, I took parts of the first Princess of the Ring, and parts of Amazon Brawl (each working well in my opinion), in addition to some new ideas, to get the best of both worlds. But actually playing it I realized that process also introduced new aspects, that weren’t part of my initial plan, because of their interaction. And some of them worked, others not so much. That’s why I decided to give the fighting system a few tweaks, taking your feedback from the last post into account. There’re no major revisions, but a few changes that should steer the gameplay into a direction that’s more in line with what I (and probably you) envisioned for the game. And that’s what these demos and the whole development process is really about, isn’t it?

Let’s talk about the changes.

The first idea for the damage system and how the whole fight works is something I thought up over a year ago ( ) (really, already over a year? Fuck).

Basically each character had two stats: Defense and damage. Defense was your short-term “free-bar” that determines how long your character is in a submission or in a Sex-Move and would regenerate after each such move, while the damage piled up throughout the fight and determined how difficult your attempts to free yourself became. And the different attack types dealt different types of damage to either Defense or the longterm damage. Defense was portrayed by a shield in the UI, the damage by a body silhouette.

This system – while I think is great idea in theory – had a few problems I only realized after finishing the last demo. Mainly 3.

• It’s unintuitive. My idea was to add a “how-to” readme-file into the next demo to explain how the system works, but upon further consideration I think making a system that immediately clicks without extra explanation is a much more elegant solution, if possible. And including such a readme also doesn’t prevent some weird interactions. For example, if the defense of a character is fully regenerated she is immune to submissions and sex attacks, meaning the damage of the character is irrelevant. If you grab your opponent into submission and her body is blinking red from all the damage, you don’t expect the move to completely whiff. That’s a weird interaction I’m not a fan off.
  • Submission and Sex moves are competing with each other. As both the Submissions and the Sex moves use the Defense to determine how effective they are, you are always at a choice what kind of move to use. I initially planned that choice to be an interesting gameplay-decision (do I go for the quick Sex move, or “waste” the defense on a submission move to do more damage later on?), but in practice choosing between these two is something I don’t like. I want both of them to be used regularly and in tandem. That’s what the game is about. Submissions should – like the strikes and throws – support you for the Sex attacks, not take ressources away from them.
  • There will be dead ends in gameplay ahead. This isn’t a problem at the moment, but the fact that Submissions and Sex moves both use the Defense will lead to dead ends in gameplay later on. What do I mean by that? Now, after you’re done with a Submission or Sex-attack on your opponent and she freed herself, she has full Defense and is immune to further Submissions and Sex-attacks until you land some normal strikes/throws. After a Submission or Sex attack is over, the victim drops to the ground and can be grabbed again. Some of you might remember, a few updates ago I said in a comment my plan for the ground moves were 2 submissions and 1 throw for each girl. Now, what will happen if you get your opponent into a submission, she frees herself and you grab her while she’s on the ground? She’ll be immune to both submissions options, and has the option to counter 1 move with a directional button input. Meaning she is completely immune to any attack in that state. That’s bad.

The Defense-bar is gone. Well, not completely gone, but rather it’s now a stat I’m using in the background, and it works differently. The only thing that’ll be on screen now is the body-silhouette for the damage. That means if you manage to get your opponent into a submission, there’ll never be an instant-free from it. It’ll always get the animation, and it’ll always do (some) damage. If the submission lands, there’ll now be a “free-bar” that’ll be displayed underneath the character that shows you how much you gotta mash (or wait) for the character to free herself. The difficulty of this bar is determined by a number of variables, but first-and-foremost, the damage the girl has taken. The submission move will then constantly deal further damage (though it doesn’t change the difficulty of the current move). The girl freeing herself from the submission won’t regenerate damage or defence, so no instant-free after that. That means you can use submission after submission, dealing more damage with each submission, and it’ll be increasingly more difficult to get away from. There is a cap for the damage, at which point the submission doesn’t do any further damage; maybe in the future I’ll do something with that, but for now that’s just it. If the damage of your opponent isn’t very high, it’s more effective to use normal throws and strikes, but if she has more damage, the submission is more effective. So these attacks work all together for the same purpose of dealing damage, it’s just that certain moves are more effective at certain times. But you can totally just do one kind of move if you want to.

What about the Sex attacks? They still function very similar to the Submissions, even in this update. You also get a “free-bar” once you are in a Sex-move, and you gotta mash (or wait) to free yourself. The difficulty of this “free-bar” is determined the same way as for the submissions. But obviously, just like before, the Sex attacks don’t deal damage, but rather increase the lust of the character, with the goal of bringing her to orgasm. The big difference is: when a girl frees herself from a Sex-attack, she will now regenerate damage. How much depends on the lust she has already gotten in this fight. Now, the other girl has to use Strikes, throws and submissions again to get the damage back up. Depending on how much damage was regenerated, the other girl has to again decide which move would be the most effective, but all are viable and instantly available. The damage-stat is a bit more flexible now and not the long-term background-stat it was in the previous version.

Playing it like that makes the gameplay a lot smoother and intuitive in my opinion. There’s only one damage track on screen, and you can instantly see what it does, and what your moves do to it. And you can all use them all the time, and they behave like you expect them to (I hope). Definitely try out the next Demo and give it a spin and see if you like it as well.

Speaking of next Demo: at the moment I’m working on additional Sex attacks for more characters. Natasha and Pari now got one, and once I do 1 or 2 more, I’ll release the next Demo at the end of the month.

Until then!

Toffi

Zetstrike

Dec 29, 2018
In short Toffi is doing sex moves for two or more char. planing to finish sooner.
feel free to read what he thinking for future games he gonna make.

3.90 star(s) 8 Votes