neontiger

Aug 6, 2020
When characters like this appear, it usually means the game was extracted in the wrong region locale in the windows configuration, changing the locale to japanese and extracting the game should fix that. Some games, and some specific game engines (specially older ones) require japanese locale to be played as well.

Another thing that happens is games with japanese characters in the folder name (may them be kanji or just hiragana, etc) won't run if the windows locale is not in japanese, one example is wolf engine games, they will always return an error in that case.
So I have made several attempts at extracting and starting this game. Here are my region settings in Windows 11: 1685808770652.png

I am still getting the error. What could I be doing wrong? I would appreciate any help.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
So I have made several attempts at extracting and starting this game. Here are my region settings in Windows 11: View attachment 2672337

I am still getting the error. What could I be doing wrong? I would appreciate any help.
...system locale. Not anything in that settings tab; you can change those back.
Easiest to google it.
Even better: google Locale Emulator. ( )

neontiger

Aug 6, 2020
...system locale. Not anything in that settings tab; you can change those back.
Easiest to google it.
Even better: google Locale Emulator. ( )
Thank you, the locale emulator worked for me, but every google result I found within 10-15 minutes of combing were all only related to changing the settings related to the screencap I shared. I would still like to know how to actually do that for future reference, but regardless I appreciate your help.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Thank you, the locale emulator worked for me, but every google result I found within 10-15 minutes of combing were all only related to changing the settings related to the screencap I shared. I would still like to know how to actually do that for future reference, but regardless I appreciate your help.
Well... if you were to scroll a little bit down from where you took that screencap, you would see 'Related Settings' -> 'Administrative language settings'. And there you go. 'Change system locale...' will be in there...
That said, use Locale Emulator for these rare instances when something needs this. Much less intrusive than actually changing your system locale just for... Well, pr0n.

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Well... if you were to scroll a little bit down from where you took that screencap, you would see 'Related Settings' -> 'Administrative language settings'. And there you go. 'Change system locale...' will be in there...
That said, use Locale Emulator for these rare instances when something needs this. Much less intrusive than actually changing your system locale just for... Well, pr0n.
I actually changed my Locale settings like 3 years ago to "japanese" and kept it that way since then. You wont notice any difference.

Doesn't seem to work.
Clearly the japanese language is not working properly.

Did you unpack files from the (RAR) archive? Some Windows might allow you to open the archive and view the files inside (they will appear as normal files), but files wont work, because they are compressed.

Sometimes Locale Emulators dont work. Did you try to change system locale to japanese?? If you dont know how to change system locale, then google "how to change system locale for Windows 10" (or windows 11, whatever you have)

sniffyyy

Dec 17, 2020
I actually changed my Locale settings like 3 years ago to "japanese" and kept it that way since then. You wont notice any difference.

Clearly the japanese language is not working properly.

Did you unpack files from the (RAR) archive? Some Windows might allow you to open the archive and view the files inside (they will appear as normal files), but files wont work, because they are compressed.

Sometimes Locale Emulators dont work. Did you try to change system locale to japanese?? If you dont know how to change system locale, then google "how to change system locale for Windows 10" (or windows 11, whatever you have)
It's unpacked. Changed the system locale to Japanese and restarted the computer. Still doesn't work, any other suggestions? I also tried to run it with compatibility for win 8,7,xp. I have win 11

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
It's unpacked. Changed the system locale to Japanese and restarted the computer. Still doesn't work, any other suggestions? I also tried to run it with compatibility for win 8,7,xp. I have win 11
Try moving the game files into shorter directory path and remove all the spaces between words. Some games have problems with really long file paths or blank spaces between words.

Example of wrong long path: C:\Download\T Down\New Folder\Princess Sacrifice ENG game\Princess Sacrifice ENG game

Example of short path: C:\Download\PrincessSacrifice

------------------------
If it doesnt work, then it could also be a problem of wrongly extracted game files. Some extract tools have problems with japanese letters if you didnt extract the files with system locale changed to japanese.

Now that you have changed the system locale, delete old files and try extracting the game files from the archive again.

For best result extract files using WinRar like this: Open the archive in WinRAR, then go to Options > Name Encoding > 932 (ANSI/OEM - Japanese Shift-JIS) and then extract.

Last edited:

sniffyyy

Dec 17, 2020
Try moving the game files into shorter directory path and remove all the spaces between words. Some games have problems with really long file paths or blank spaces between words.

Example of wrong long path: C:\Download\T Down\New Folder\Princess Sacrifice ENG game\Princess Sacrifice ENG game

Example of short path: C:\Download\PrincessSacrifice

------------------------
If it doesnt work, then it could also be a problem of wrongly extracted game files. Some extract tools have problems with japanese letters if you didnt extract the files with system locale changed to japanese.

Now that you have changed the system locale, delete old files and try extracting the game files from the archive again.

For best result extract files using WinRar like this: Open the archive in WinRAR, then go to Options > Name Encoding > 932 (ANSI/OEM - Japanese Shift-JIS) and then extract.
Unchecking this fixed it.

4.70 star(s) 19 Votes