4.60 star(s) 20 Votes

diegao

Nov 27, 2018
please when the next update comes out? I need to see what happens with hollie, with the young family and if I can finally visit my family I'm really hooked. Great game btw

Reactions: Boom's Attic Games

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
can anyone tell me how to adjust the save path back to the game dir ?!?
i fucking hate when applications write to my profile directory.
imho no application should ever do that. if i install a program everything it needs and acceses should be in its own folder.
Technically, there is no save folder, just save files, which was my complaint.
I personally hate having files all over the place and wasting space. I love portable software all in one place.
Thanks for the explanation, although I do reckon pleasing some makes for a terrible solution and worse situation, but maybe it's just me.
Otherwise I do like the game btw, keep up the good work!
Hi Boulimanus, bstr2k2

There is no folder at all?
May I ask which operating system you're using?

This is very weird, a couple of people have stated that the new save system isn't creating a file for the saves in said directory.
But then the majority of people are saying that it is, I'm just trying to work out why it's not doing it for all...

I do apologize for this inconvenience and the mess it's creating in your directory.
The 2 main reasons I wanted to change to this new save system is to stop people from having to transfer saves to every new build along with fixing all of the crashes many users were experiencing when trying to save/load the game.

This change did fix these 2 main issues as I Haven't had anyone report a crash when trying to save with this latest build.

I'll keep looking into why the saves arn't being stored in the correct file and hopefully get it fixed for the next release.

Same here. I think the only thing I had not seen was the last Hollie pool scene. Guess I started my exploration 1 ingame day early, lol.
stuck on belle's room... any button works :/ View attachment 184374
Hi Sakuyas, Schirmernator

This has been reported a couple of times now and I wasn't able to replicate the bug myself.

I looked over Belle's room and couldn't find the cause as to why this was happening, from what I can tell the game doesn't "crash" but actually "pauses" as it believes an event is trying to run...

Due to this, I re-made everything to do with Belle's room so hopefully, this bug will be fixed in the next release.

Possible bug (I hadn't seen it reported). Level 2 with Sammie and Emily ... SMS messages. I can send messages to Emily fine but no matter what I do, every time of day, I always get the "you have already sent a message to her" message when I try to send a SMS to Sammie. I have tried all permiations, no messages to Emily, massages to Emily first, messages to Emily second, new day, no messages to anyone, etc. Get the same error.

Great update BTW.

Edit: Spelling
Hi Mordred,

I'm glad to hear enjoyed the game so far!

Regarding the bug you reported, I'm really surprised no one else reported this!
Looking back, this bug must have been in the game for the past 3 releases and if not pointed out would have probably been in the next one as well.

It would appear I forgot to add the switches for Sammie's text's to reset at the start of a new day.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So thank you for reporting it, I've just fixed it.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
There is no folder at all?
May I ask which operating system you're using?

This is very weird, a couple of people have stated that the new save system isn't creating a file for the saves in said directory.
But then the majority of people are saying that it is, I'm just trying to work out why it's not doing it for all...
In my PC (Win 10) was created here:
Boom.JPG

Last edited:

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
In my PC (Win 10) was created here:
View attachment 187925
Win 10 Pro (64 bits), same place as UncleVT
Finally! I think I've found the reason and fix.

For some reason, the windows version of the game doesn't export with the save-path dir included.
After manually entering it I tested the build and it worked.
The save location is:

Would both of you mind testing it for me?
The attached file only has 1 file inside it called "package.json" it just needs extracting it into your game folder.

This "should" create the correct file dir when you save at least once.

-Boom

Edit :
This file is only for the Windows version of the game.
The Mac and Linux version should be saving in the correct location.

Last edited:

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
Would both of you mind testing it for me?
The attached file only has 1 file inside it called "package.json" it just needs extracting it into your game folder.
Yes works for me too. Wish I should customize that 'name' ;) but at least it's better now.
Wondering if it could not be used as a fallback only, so only if there is no /save folder in the game..?

Last edited:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Hi Mordred,

I'm glad to hear enjoyed the game so far!

Regarding the bug you reported, I'm really surprised no one else reported this!
Looking back, this bug must have been in the game for the past 3 releases and if not pointed out would have probably been in the next one as well.

It would appear I forgot to add the switches for Sammie's text's to reset at the start of a new day.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So thank you for reporting it, I've just fixed it.[/QUOTE]

No worries, glad I could be of help finding things. I don't do anything weird, just text each girl once a time per day per corruption level to see the texts . That way I remember to see all the content :)

U

User_619990

guys i think i'm stuck at level 2 with hollie and level 1 with emily and sammie i started a new game and still can't progress any further

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Yes works for me too. Wish I should customize that 'name' ;) but at least it's better now.
Wondering if it could not be used as a fallback only, so only if there is no /save folder in the game..?
Hi Boulimanus, sorry for the late reply.

I'm sure it is possible to make it so the user can customize the folder name and only use it as a backup but to be 100% honest with you I'd have no idea where to even start...

I'll look and ask around for a solution.
If I find one I'll implement it.

guys i think i'm stuck at level 2 with hollie and level 1 with emily and sammie i started a new game and still can't progress any further
Hi JJaha, sorry for the late reply.

You should be able to get :
Hollie to level 3
Sammie & Emily to level 2
"make sure they're at 100% affection"
Once it is there Portrait "level up event" will appear at the side of the screen in your bedroom in the morning.
There are no "switches" or special tasks needed to level up the girls.
Just a simple "If >100 then level up" Affection variables.

U

User_619990

Hi Boulimanus, sorry for the late reply.

I'm sure it is possible to make it so the user can customize the folder name and only use it as a backup but to be 100% honest with you I'd have no idea where to even start...

I'll look and ask around for a solution.
If I find one I'll implement it.

Hi JJaha, sorry for the late reply.

You should be able to get :
Hollie to level 3
Sammie & Emily to level 2
"make sure they're at 100% affection"
Once it is there Portrait "level up event" will appear at the side of the screen in your bedroom in the morning.
There are no "switches" or special tasks needed to level up the girls.
Just a simple "If >100 then level up" Affection variables.
thank you for your response
but it's not working the affection for both is 100 but when i press on the girls photo in my room it says under construction

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Hi @JJaha
Very late reply, sorry.

If you're getting the message that the event is under construction then I'm pretty sure you've reached the end of the
"level up events".

I'm going to be expanding on the cheat menu in the next update which will allow players to have more control over levels and events. just in case they got missed somehow or "bugged" out.

U

User_619990

Hi @JJaha
Very late reply, sorry.

If you're getting the message that the event is under construction then I'm pretty sure you've reached the end of the
"level up events".

I'm going to be expanding on the cheat menu in the next update which will allow players to have more control over levels and events. just in case they got missed somehow or "bugged" out.

Hi thanks for your reply
i think i have a bug or something cause that message appears after level 2 while there should be a next level for this update

thanks..:giggle:

zizu34

Dec 19, 2018
Hi,
I played the html version (0.86). game is very nice and the graphics are great.
My main issue was the time it take to load when you move around from different location (when it say now loading). my PC is new and quite strong but it still took around 20-30 seconds each time, which is very slow and make it difficault to play.

Also I found a bug of the 2nd stage (after you got 100% for all 3 girls). each time I tried to text message to Sammie I got a message I already done that (but I didnt).

overall, looks great.
cant wait for the next update.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Hi,
I played the html version (0.86). game is very nice and the graphics are great.
My main issue was the time it take to load when you move around from different location (when it say now loading). my PC is new and quite strong but it still took around 20-30 seconds each time, which is very slow and make it difficault to play.

Also I found a bug of the 2nd stage (after you got 100% for all 3 girls). each time I tried to text message to Sammie I got a message I already done that (but I didnt).

overall, looks great.
cant wait for the next update.
Zizu34 - I reported that bug a while back and he said he has it fixed in the next version to be released.

Valmora

Dec 4, 2018
Amazing game/visual novel so far, i enjoyed it very much, love the creativity as well as the "hidden community" aspect, very nice, looking forward to the updates cant wait ! well ill have to and do it with anticipation...

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
when can i get the next update.Thank
Hi Cucainho!

The next release will be out late tomorrow early Tuesday morning depending on where you live.
But just a heads up, this next update is a small one compared to the last one as a lot of time was spent behind the scenes creating/implementing M&S's home + their dialog trees.

The only real "new content" will be :
1. Visiting the Sister at the lake in the afternoon
2. Visiting the Mother at home in the afternoon
3. Visiting the Mother at the beach in the evening.

The rest of the content for their love level 1 will be implemented in the next update along with Emily & Sammie's level up 2-3 event as in 5 days time I'll be ordering my new rendering card which will speed up development considerably.

Amazing game/visual novel so far, i enjoyed it very much, love the creativity as well as the "hidden community" aspect, very nice, looking forward to the updates cant wait ! well ill have to and do it with anticipation...
Hi Valmora!

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you're enjoying it thus far.
I hope you enjoy the next update which should be out tomorrow.
Read the reply I sent above to Cucainho for details ^^

4.60 star(s) 20 Votes