Unreal Engine Onhold Project Elimination: The Forbidden Planet [Test version v0.55] [MATEYDEV]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
maybe you know when about?
Extracted from the Dev's Discord:

Here, list of the versions
- Proof of Concept Demo - Free (Completed)
- Overall Test Version 1 - Exclusive (Completed)
- Overall Test Version 2 - Exclusive (TB.70)
- Final Test Version - Exclusive (TB.85)
- (Final) Official Demo - Free

The latest version is not a demo intended for a broader audience, but a test version to gather feedback from the pool of patrons, there will be another, more complete demo in the future.
This test version, as the name implies, while expanded content wise, is a bit buggy and lacking some of the quality of life feature (like the aforementioned map) that will be added later, this was made clear by the Dev: he doesn't want this one leaked, to avoid people focusing on the bugs and lacking features and not on the game itself.

MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
Extracted from the Dev's Discord:

Here, list of the versions
- Proof of Concept Demo - Free (Completed)
- Overall Test Version 1 - Exclusive (Completed)
- Overall Test Version 2 - Exclusive (TB.70)
- Final Test Version - Exclusive (TB.85)
- (Final) Official Demo - Free

The latest version is not a demo intended for a broader audience, but a test version to gather feedback from the pool of patrons, there will be another, more complete demo in the future.
This test version, as the name implies, while expanded content wise, is a bit buggy and lacking some of the quality of life feature (like the aforementioned map) that will be added later, this was made clear by the Dev: he doesn't want this one leaked, to avoid people focusing on the bugs and lacking features and not on the game itself.
maybe you know when about?
Exactly.
It's so easy to complain about the bugs, since the game is REALLY fun and has a lot to explore and experience. When bugs get in the way of wanting to find new scenes/enemies etc, more feedback about it not working is shared as opposed to what's working great or actually helpful bugreports/ideas/etc.

That being said, the Dev is updating bug-fix progress DAILY - so maybe he will release a new version for a wider audience to play with much improved QOL gameplay as this is current build can drive a lot of players away...
Someone said that this version was released too soon; its actually the perfect release since it has so much content and the Dev needs bugreports to maximize his time efficiency (he's a solo dev).

Also, the $2 Patreon WILL let you download and play.

Reactions: Enigmanic

Hawkie

Sep 17, 2017
Full gallery unlock (as far as I know) for PE Test 0.55
Paste it into

%LocalAppData%\ProjectElimination\Saved\SaveGames\System

you should get those scenes.
U are a Hero!! god no matter what i did i could not get to the boss room

Apahguinsimo

Feb 6, 2018
This game looks like it's a great start with a ton of potential. The dev's Patreon page shows a lot of progress making good on that potential and I think this game could be a big time classic when finished.

However something about the animations seems off. I can't land on exactly what it is. I think part of it is the H animations start so slowly and passively. It's almost like the girl is just standing there on the dude stuck to him. Feels like there's a lack of motion, or maybe even aggression, that would make these animations better and more, well, involved.

Also if the animations are going to remain defeat and damage-triggered, I think some unique game over scenes would add so much to that formula that they are impossible to leave out. They bring a lot of fun and tension to the game to avoid a game over and the sick stuff that comes with it. I like the idea of the alien-zombo dudes carrying the girl off to some dark part of the ship to do some real dark, special stuff to her, but it's just a standard animation in the current version.

Also, making each animation only trigger under very specific circumstances can make them a huge pain to unlock and remove a lot of the fun, tension, and satisfaction of playing the game. It can quickly become an annoying "catch em all" game as you purposely lose over and over in a certain way to fish out the missing animations. The demo currently has a lot of this.

Overall this looks like it could be seriously memorable. I like the advantages that 3D brings over hand-drawn, but I think that the disadvantage of 3D is that animations with 3D models seem to have a higher chance of looking very wooden and sterile since you are working with meshes and bone nodes that can only be posed in certain ways. Reserving my judgment on this one but it's definitely my most closely watched game atm, great demo release.

Reactions: DeynanDescafeinado

Hawkie

Sep 17, 2017
Are you stuck? You need help finding the keycards?
i found them, but for a demo the map is fairly large, plus when i try to open the boss room itself the game just refuse's to accept the card. so instead of trying to fight it i just moved on with my day.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
i found them, but for a demo the map is fairly large, plus when i try to open the boss room itself the game just refuse's to accept the card. so instead of trying to fight it i just moved on with my day.
There are 3 action you need to do sequentially to open the door: unlock the nearby device with the engineering card, deactivate the lock on the door via that device, open the door.

Then you can get fucked by fight the boss.

Once you've killed the boss, you can activate the Aux Power Supply, provided you activated another device (right now simply called "monitor"), found after an elevator unlocked by the Emergency Security card, to unlock 2 more doors.

Content Wise there are 3 main objectives and 2 cards to collect:
Emergency and Security Cards, to unlock the path to the "Monitor" (needed to activate the "Aux Power System"), the "Aux Power System" (behind the boss) and the "Main Elevator Switch" (don't think it has a function yet).
Beside the animations, once you activate the "Aux Power System" and manage to open the door on the very top left of the map, you are done, there is an invisible wall there (and another one near the security locked elevator that leads to the "Monitor" switch).

Yes the map is quite large and I loved it, since I'm a big Metroid fan it brought me back a lot.

Hawkie

Sep 17, 2017
There are 3 action you need to do sequentially to open the door: unlock the nearby device with the engineering card, deactivate the lock on the door via that device, open the door.

Then you can get fucked by fight the boss.

Once you've killed the boss, you can activate the Aux Power Supply, provided you activated another device (right now simply called "monitor"), found after an elevator unlocked by the Emergency Security card, to unlock 2 more doors.

Content Wise there are 3 main objectives and 2 cards to collect:
Emergency and Security Cards, to unlock the path to the "Monitor" (needed to activate the "Aux Power System"), the "Aux Power System" (behind the boss) and the "Main Elevator Switch" (don't think it has a function yet).
Beside the animations, once you activate the "Aux Power System" and manage to open the door on the very top left of the map, you are done, there is an invisible wall there (and another one near the security locked elevator that leads to the "Monitor" switch).

Yes the map is quite large and I loved it, since I'm a big Metroid fan it brought me back a lot.
oh yea the game has a great feel too it, and when i found out how to Strafe past opponents i was like oh man soo fun.
Btw for those that do not know u can Strafe past Hold Right Click and tap shift to dash/strafe past monsters

Mr.Shark

May 5, 2017
However something about the animations seems off. I can't land on exactly what it is. I think part of it is the H animations start so slowly and passively. It's almost like the girl is just standing there on the dude stuck to him. Feels like there's a lack of motion, or maybe even aggression, that would make these animations better and more, well, involved.
Yeah i agree 100%. I hope dev can work on those animations because all of them have same rythm, it gets boring real quick and as you said it just doesn't feel right. That's my biggest problem with game right now. Also that new blowjob in threesome could use some work as well. Overall game has really huge potencial and i hope dev won't stop working on it.

Reactions: Enigmanic

Ironfoot

Jun 7, 2017
Can you even read? Also, I do NOT like this website turning into a front to promote content that otherwise NOBODY would even know about.
I agree with this. If someone likes the demo and want the game to be done, he/she going to pay for the dev anyway. I praise the God torrent is not illegal in my country cause I miss so much AAA masterpiece games back then. I want to pay for MateyDev's work so bad but I just cannot afford it, not even 2 dollars. I like the one pay thing, at least I can set aside some money for it. 2 dollars doesn't seem much but can screw you over at any month. But he said it's don't wanna get leaked so I just get used to it.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
I agree with this. If someone likes the demo and want the game to be done, he/she going to pay for the dev anyway. I praise the God torrent is not illegal in my country cause I miss so much AAA masterpiece games back then. I want to pay for MateyDev's work so bad but I just cannot afford it, not even 2 dollars. I like the one pay thing, at least I can set aside some money for it. 2 dollars doesn't seem much but can screw you over at any month. But he said it's don't wanna get leaked so I just get used to it.
If you don't want to pay monthly, you can just make it a one time payment: the Dev has been very clear about this, if you have a total "lifetime" payment of ~30$ you can join the Discord server, get the "Supporter" status from the Dev and access the channel with all the content without having to bother with Patreon ever again if you don't want to.

Honestly, I don't know your financial situation, nor am I interested in knowing, but if the recurring payments are the issue, this could be the way to circumvent that.

I'm not 100% sure of how this works long term, I would advise to join his Discord channel (see this ) and ask him yourself more info about this solution.

Reactions: jeremiahbones
3.70 star(s) 11 Votes