Unreal Engine Onhold Project Elimination: The Forbidden Planet [Test version v0.55] [MATEYDEV]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

FeSs101

Jul 26, 2021
Dear comrades, I went through a little, that's how much I was able to open in a short time of the game. Here are my saves. If someone went through completely, send me your save, I will be very grateful, like other people.

74dqHOqEGA0.jpg

Reactions: f9account

MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
Start the game up and, you will see the changelog
Courtesy of onlineocr

New contents: 1. Added 3 new monsters 2. Added 11 new sex animations 3. Added 2 new areas 4. Added several new items 5. Added Zoom in/out feature. 6. Added Purchasing and Leveling mechanic. 7. Added Gallery Mode.
Updated contents and features 1. Graphics and rendering. 2. Character's shaders. 3. Elevator system. 4. Falling damage system. 5. 'New chracter' Intro animations 6. Updated gameplay mechanics. 7. New 'World' system. 8. Updated protagonist's outfit.
Note: Most of the issues from the previous version are fixed. Previous playable area was removed.
Some contents didn't make to this version.
Credits is outdated.
Warning: The game is still in development phase. No data will be saved during this play test.
The game will something force player to 'retry' this will automatically reload latest checkpoint but due to no save data, the game will automatically reset the level and player will have to redo everything all over again.

thesappho

Jun 24, 2017
just after finding emergency card and oil, i jumped and stuck :(
trying to jump and duck right but no avail...
is there a command to move actor right?

edit: just smashed keyboard couple of minutes then voila, but randomly lost my weapon?!!??!
i quit

Last edited:

AVeryTale

May 24, 2021
great game I wish the developer good luck in his project I hope there will be more levels and enemies I look forward to the next update
Dev's hdd was 'broken', so he started to rebuild project
It's not sidescroller anymore. It's completely fucking different game. Looks more like section 7 than PE now. Such disappointment. 1641986809197.png 1641986834066.png

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
It's not sidescroller anymore. It's completely fucking different game. Looks more like section 7 than PE now. Such disappointment. View attachment 1592690 View attachment 1592691
Having just found the game I have to say I like what I see. Keep up the good work dev. Also we have a ton of side scrollers so this is refreshing.

StevieJobs

Oct 6, 2018
It's not sidescroller anymore. It's completely fucking different game. Looks more like section 7 than PE now. Such disappointment. View attachment 1592690 View attachment 1592691
Where's this from? I am very confused now. He started yet another different project other than Section 7 and PE? That would be hilarious, to say the least, and another reason why I will never support game developers on Patreon. This is not how things work, simply put. You cannot keep milking your supporters and change gears every few months and never finish anything, which is what almost all devs do in there lmao

• Angry
Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Levy88

Jul 25, 2017
Where's this from? I am very confused now. He started yet another different project other than Section 7 and PE? That would be hilarious, to say the least, and another reason why I will never support game developers on Patreon. This is not how things work, simply put. You cannot keep milking your supporters and change gears every few months and never finish anything, which is what almost all devs do in there lmao
The majority of supporters gave him the alright to do it. The side scroller slapped in all, but there are plenty of us that wanted his first games style. So with the loss of data we were asked in the discord for opinions and it looks like this is the route being taken.

Personally, I don't mind the change as each time he shifts or a few months pass they get better and better and the games improve quality wise insanely fast. We're pretty much back to his first game with much better models and and a dev with much more experience from what they learned over the last 6 months.

While I'd suggest that everyone decide what is and isn't worth supporting on their own, this is EXACTLY how supporting developers work. It's support, not a buy in to get something in return. You make the decision to support them with no binding contract that obliges the developers to produce results.

If you feel their results aren't up to your standards you simply unsub, but this is how optional support systems work. You aren't paying them to create whatever they're working on, you are supporting them while they work on whatever they're making and whether or not they finish it is up to chance.

This dev has a 15 dollar lifetime goal so if you paid max support for 2 months you would get access to anything they produce at the finish line. Less than a pizza in cost. I could think of worse gambles to take.

PaNiq

Dec 3, 2017
Reminds me of Enlit3D which I loved dearly. There's like 5 uncompleted "games" out there

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
What the actual fuck. I was starting to root for them damn. Enough negative thoughts just best of luck to them god knows they are gonna need it. Still though what the f man I was starting to lean into the side scrolling bit

and my dog ate my homework ;)
But for some reason its something that happens a lot with patreon founded devs. TBH iff i make money with it.. i have a backup-system of any kind.
I had one hard drive, a couple flash drive backups, and a cloud drive of a lot of my stuff from college. If something is really important, and if possible, you will make a way to have a backup maybe plenty of whatever it is.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
What happened with the project is a little more complex than a disaster recovery from the HDD failure or a change of direction:
There was an hard failure with the HDD that stored the majority of the game files, a big part of the project was lost and he had to rebuild a considerable portion of that. Now what's interesting is that the assets and animation, being fully 3D, could be brought easily to the fully 3D realm: he's effectively considering "merging" his 2 projects, this one and Section 7, into one the next build will be this hybrid thing, but the situation is evolving pretty much daily.

Than again, what happened was a lack of proper versioning on the dev's side, he owned that and he paused billing cycle until he had a new playable demo on hands...then the whole Discord channel told him to resume it and that those who'd want to wait for the next version could simply unsub until then...

If you wanna know, he's now saving everything to cloud storage to avoid any future issues in that regard.

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
What happened with the project is a little more complex than a disaster recovery from the HDD failure or a change of direction:
There was an hard failure with the HDD that stored the majority of the game files, a big part of the project was lost and he had to rebuild a considerable portion of that. Now what's interesting is that the assets and animation, being fully 3D, could be brought easily to the fully 3D realm: he's effectively considering "merging" his 2 projects, this one and Section 7, into one the next build will be this hybrid thing, but the situation is evolving pretty much daily.

Than again, what happened was a lack of proper versioning on the dev's side, he owned that and he paused billing cycle until he had a new playable demo on hands...then the whole Discord channel told him to resume it and that those who'd want to wait for the next version could simply unsub until then...

If you wanna know, he's now saving everything to cloud storage to avoid any future issues in that regard.
Unfortunate it had to come this before they started using a reliable backup system. Here's hoping they could merge the assets from both games properly otherwise all that time spent working on this game would've gone to waste.

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes