Unreal Engine Onhold Project Elimination: The Forbidden Planet [Test version v0.55] [MATEYDEV]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

BreedingTool

Nov 14, 2017
I love a good side-scroller so this will be watched over with my fingers crossed to being a completed project since many games never see the final release. With that being said, after playing it and trying it out, everything is great. the animations, the graphics, it's all fairly well off for it's second update HOWEVER DEV I HAVE AN ODD QUESTION FOR YOU. Why is it that sprinting is unlimited but jumping takes up about 15% of your stamina? i'd much rather have sprinting take up stamina and jumping take up none. It's the first time i seen that mechanic in a...PLATFORMER/SIDE-SCROLLERS. Majority of the demo gameplay had me waiting on ledges and platforms for a solid minute just to wait for stamina to regain THEN waste half of it trying to jump platform to platform. Drove me honestly insane with frustration lol. But other than that i dont really got any complaints thus far. Keep up the amazing work and hope to see more of your stuff in the future!

BreedingTool

Nov 14, 2017
What are the requirements a pc needs to be able to run this game please
Not sure however i can tell you this, i'm using a 2018 asus laptop with a basic nivida graphics card and i still run it smoothly on 1080p. It's not really that demanding on the hardware. Only time i notice a lag or drop in frames is when the game decides to spawn like 20 guys near you (yes this game does that. it'll constantly spawn things out of thin air around you. personally okay with that as it keeps you busy throughout the game). Other than that it's pretty good on the tech. not demanding at all. Sorry i couldn't give you a statistic based answer with hardware. Just personal experience being passed on. Dont forget, i'm using a potato and it's running this smoothly.

Reactions: predatorphamtom

Dafv

Sep 18, 2018
is Unknown Mutated Bug is not have animation? i tried a few save files and there is no scene for Unknown Mutated Bug

MrFrosty

Oct 6, 2018
I kind of hate how much death cripples you, being unable to heal yourself in a game that's ADDICTED to spamming you with mobs means it's impossible to go from what random location the game puts you back to where you died, especially considering the lack of a proper map makes it impossible to know where you need to actually go. You might as well just have it be marked as a game over after your first death.

Also the fact you have to go up one of the painfully slow elevators in order to do a new run just makes things unnecessarily more tedious.

Nov 23, 2018
Not sure however i can tell you this, i'm using a 2018 asus laptop with a basic nivida graphics card and i still run it smoothly on 1080p. It's not really that demanding on the hardware. Only time i notice a lag or drop in frames is when the game decides to spawn like 20 guys near you (yes this game does that. it'll constantly spawn things out of thin air around you. personally okay with that as it keeps you busy throughout the game). Other than that it's pretty good on the tech. not demanding at all. Sorry i couldn't give you a statistic based answer with hardware. Just personal experience being passed on. Dont forget, i'm using a potato and it's running this smoothly.
ok thanks since I am also using a potato since it is a DELL laptop with an intel processor and an intel graphics card hehehehe

howdypardner

Mar 26, 2019
yoo can someone share whatever file is being looked at for the gallery mode, I've found three enemies so far, but not the fourth

NitrogeniuM

Jan 31, 2018
oh boy judging by the screen shots it looks like "Alien Quest Eve" and i loved that side scroller souls-like game now this is something new on the horizon, I'm looking forward to a full Demo version and mods like "eve" had damn this should be interesting

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes