Unreal Engine Onhold Project Elimination: The Forbidden Planet [Test version v0.55] [MATEYDEV]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

quantequila

Aug 11, 2018
Full gallery unlock save (as far as I know) for PE Test 0.55
Paste it into

%LocalAppData%\ProjectElimination\Saved\SaveGames\System

you should get those scenes.

Really unfortunate, but it doesn't seem to work when I replace the other progress file in the folder. Any tips?

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Really unfortunate, but it doesn't seem to work when I replace the other progress file in the folder. Any tips?
Be sure to have the latest version?

this is the path written down:

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\ProjectElimination\Saved\SaveGames\System

Also, be sure that the username is the correct one...

quantequila

Aug 11, 2018
Be sure to have the latest version?

this is the path written down:

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\ProjectElimination\Saved\SaveGames\System

Also, be sure that the username is the correct one...
Yes, and I've made sure to rename the file as well

KaraokeLoki

Apr 9, 2018
So after defeating the final boss and progressing through the level I end up stuck on this ramp. The character is too tall to walk down it because she clips into the upper part of the wall. Any ideas guys and gals?

KH2000

Jul 3, 2019
So after defeating the final boss and progressing through the level I end up stuck on this ramp. The character is too tall to walk down it because she clips into the upper part of the wall. Any ideas guys and gals?
Did the same thing after 1 mins of starting the game and the answer to your question no idea

guy_incognito79

Jan 15, 2022
Interesting little game here... hope this one gets finished. I see so many promising ideas for adult games that go nowhere it gets a bit frustrating, there is a market out there for this kind of game but no-one seems serious about it, it's a shame really.. so much potential wasted.

mistermaster102

Jul 4, 2019
here's my review and experiences with the new demo, with a few opinions because IM MAKING MAC N' CHEESE, AND NOBODY CAN STOP ME!

gameplay issues:
-the platforming is kind of absolutely stupidly precise. there are multiple jumps where it seems you have to be pixel perfect and also hold shift the whole time. i get that the double jump is an upgrade, but honestly it feels like an entirely different game with it.
-sometimes my mouse clicks just would not register, so my character just kinda stood there like a dumbass while dying. this may however be due to me using my shitty laptops mousepad instead of a proper mouse
-jumping takes stamina. this is a pretty big issue since a majority of the game requires you to jump multiple times to get anywhere and you just end up jumping like 3 times before having to sit there and wait.
-difficulty is inconsistent. I dont know exactly whats going on under the hood, but i swear the enemy generator was against me 90% of the time. there were times where i walked around half the map and nothing spawned, but then i go up a little and suddenly im getting swarmed with enemies with no time to heal or anything.
-the map is too samey. i often felt like i was lost because the entirety of the map looks the same and there are barely any landmarks or clear sections beside the infected area.
-teleporter never works. i picked up multiple teleporters throughout the playthrough and not a single one actually worked. i tried using it from the inventory, nothing happens. i try using it from the quick select whatever, nothing happens. well, what i mean by nothing happens is that it just gives you a status that goes away over time and it doesn't do anything.
-the clothing mechanic is too punishing. I understand why you cant access your inventory when unclothed cause the items would probably be on them, however what doesn't make sense is when you pick up items while unclothed, you cannot use them. this basically made the unclothed state a nightmare for me since around 30% of the time my clothes once removed would phase out of existence. what doesn't help is if your health reaches zero and an enemy catches you, your only option is essentially to redo the whole game cause sometimes its borderline impossible to get back to your equipment before losing all your health and dying. that is if you can even tell where you are in relation to your clothes in the first place.
-items all share the same sprite. i understand that this is more of an alpha to test systems or whatever, but at least have even a tiny difference in some of the item sprites. i often found myself not knowing i was using one item when trying to use another and depleting my entire stock not understanding why it wasn't working, only to figure out it wasn't a medkit but was a cleaner or something.
-some of the puzzles make no sense. the current state of the game is essentially a brutally challenging key hunt, and sometimes it wont even tell you what you are looking for. i remember distinctly finding the boss, defeating him, and then trying to interact with the panel he was guarding only to be met with "this is blocked by monitor". i spent around 45 minutes lost and confused until i found the monitor, and it was literally a lit up thing on the wall down an alley id gone down a billion times.

highlights:
the game is one of the most fluid and well polished games, from an ANIMATION standpoint, i've ever seen. im not sure how he managed to make it look this good without sacrificing a few animations to do so. there's a solid foundation to build something really good here that could be one of the best of all time, however it still has a long way to go in the gameplay field. i would keep an eye on this one if you are even slightly interested for sure.

opinions corner:
this is probably just my preferences getting in the way, but the sex scenes just don't feel... real? its hard to describe. every one of them starts with the attacker thrusting hard a few times and then just going slowly until very slowly ramping up to climax. this just kinda feels stiff, even though the animation is some of the best i've seen. also the girl doesn't moan nearly enough. the most you get is the start before the slow transition phase and then more towards the end. the rest is just kinda slapping noises and nothing else. it just kinda feels like she's putting on an act during the whole time and remembering after about halfway, "oh right! i was supposed to be reacting!" right before the finish.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
that's the end of the test version

Reactions: KaraokeLoki

Raistln

Oct 24, 2021
just after finding emergency card and oil, i jumped and stuck :(
trying to jump and duck right but no avail...
is there a command to move actor right?

edit: just smashed keyboard couple of minutes then voila, but randomly lost my weapon?!!??!
i quit
I can't help but laugh. I did the same exact thing in 3 different spots, but I didn't get free. I had to restart all over.

PulseOver

Oct 15, 2018
Dev doing a really good job with this game imo. Difficulty and atmosphere I'm really liking it. It has no soundtracks so it makes you feel dreadful and isolated. Eventhough the engine is completely different, I get Parasite in City vibes from this game. Exploration is also there, kinda like Metroid.
Got a few complaints;
MC kinda lacking on voice department. For example at your other game(aka section7), the MC's voice was top notch imo :D
Also you can get stuck between boxes after you do a lot of exploration, that kinda sucks since you have to reset the game but it's a demo. I'm sure he'll fix those issues.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

PinkyFoa

Sep 29, 2018
Odd that you have to pay for it, given both e says that he doesn't want to charge Patrons at the moment and the fact they said they're remaking Project Elimination into an entirely different type of game.
Yeah I think that logic is exactly why it got public released. It is getting remade into some kind of MGS4/TFP engine. Pretty ambitious I kinda just wished it stayed as a side scroller.

Mr.Hyde

Sep 1, 2017
He himself discussed on discord how the sidescroller project development was similar to a game in a full 3D perspective. The game's assets were 3D anyway, the transition to a different genre was a simple rework of the camera system...
Well, he is a talented artist i give him that but telling third person games are nearly as time consuming as side scroller games is complete bs. With side scroller games you spend far less time creating levels compared to fps or tps games. There are only 2 dimensions. Not 3.

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes