Unreal Engine Onhold Project Elimination: The Forbidden Planet [Test version v0.55] [MATEYDEV]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

StevieJobs

Oct 6, 2018
I agree with this. If someone likes the demo and want the game to be done, he/she going to pay for the dev anyway. I praise the God torrent is not illegal in my country cause I miss so much AAA masterpiece games back then. I want to pay for MateyDev's work so bad but I just cannot afford it, not even 2 dollars. I like the one pay thing, at least I can set aside some money for it. 2 dollars doesn't seem much but can screw you over at any month. But he said it's don't wanna get leaked so I just get used to it.
There are MANY reasons why I do not support "donation" schemes websites. One of them is because they are abused by shameless people into SELLING (not donating, actual selling) of illegal copyrighted content. There's no "fair use" in any of most Patreon users SELL. Then you also have other type of shameless assholes, the ones that milk their supporters little by little by not finishing their work ever. They don't do it for free, they make a fucking living with "donations". And that's why I can't support anyone that make use of that platform.

When the game (any game) is finished or is ready enough to be SOLD in a reputable platform like Steam or dlsite, then we can talk about "supporting".

patreon, or any other "donation" scheme website is the cancer of legitimate artists. Original artists and creators should be the only ones allowed in that platform, very much like this videogame should be. But there's a WHOLE lot of garbage people stealing content from others or never finishing their work so that they keep milking people that makes me never use that platform to support anyone.

From idiots SELLING illegal paid mods for games (yes, modding is illegal unless copyright holder says otherwise) to assholes stealing other's people work. Patreon doesn't give a fuck about copyright.

Also, the original purpose of platforms such as Patreon was to allow those that wanted to support someone to donate, not locking content away behind a paywall. From that moment on, Patreon became a STORE, a "donation" scheme.

MATEYDEV deserves the support to create his/her art, but I will never support, as I said, "donation" schemes.

And as I said as well, we aren't here to promote content that otherwise wouldn't be known by anyone. Just as like I knew about Alien Quest EVE in this website, I got to know this developer as well. As I said earlier, you get some, you lose some. Don't be a greedy motherfucker. I pretty much garantee that without piracy, most indie devs wouldn't earn jack shit because they lack the resources to invest in huge marketing campaings. Piracy helps people get to try and enjoy art they otherwise wouldn't. And those that like the content, MOST of the times, they decide to support the creator.

You have to be happy people want to pirate your content, that means is GOOD.

FaerDear

Feb 9, 2019
Yeah unless that content is very early prototype and you want to get feedback from small playerbase rather than getting a huge playerbase at the begining and get overflowed with suggestions like yanderedev did and got mad at his fans for typing too much messages on his e-mail. If you don't support donating then wait for a full release of the game when it's gonna happen. If you are going for a full free-to-play then wait for a complete free demo, actually I think full released game will be pirated anyway, no matter how many patrons care about Matt and his project.

Last edited:

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Sorry I don't want to quote everything, but this is an interesting discussion about the game's funding...

[...]

that's why I can't support anyone that make use of that platform.

[...]

the original purpose of platforms such as Patreon was to allow those that wanted to support someone to donate, not locking content away behind a paywall.

[...]

MATEYDEV deserves the support to create his/her art, but I will never support, as I said, "donation" schemes.

[...]
So...what platform would you use as an independent developer to finance your work? Even Kickstarter is full of broken promises, if you have to presume that everyone is scamming, there's no way to stay afloat for indies without a cushion of cash to...you know...eat...

The reason for the paywall on this release is, as FaerDear and myself already stated, that this is a TEST version, not a Demo, it's different: the Demos are free and will be free, there is one on this very site; the TEST versions are for a group of early adopters that are part of the subscribers. If you don't want to support the "Donation scheme", as you called it, you can wait for the free and more complete Demos.

[...]

Don't be a greedy motherfucker. I pretty much garantee that without piracy, most indie devs wouldn't earn jack shit because they lack the resources to invest in huge marketing campaings. Piracy helps people get to try and enjoy art they otherwise wouldn't. And those that like the content, MOST of the times, they decide to support the creator.

I don't know you, but after reading this, I'm inclined to think that you're trying to justify the fact that you want the stuff for free right now...otherwise you'd be waiting for the Demos.

Jun 30, 2017
Well, if you guys don't want to pay, you guys can wait for the free demo, it is not for too long, i myself also can't pay but i wait nonetheless. And according to people who already have the new demo, they already said that the current demo doesn't have much content anyway and it is very buggy as Matt want to have atleast a stable version and a sizable content in free demo. so i think it is not hurt to wait longer, and i understand some of you frustrated, yeah many patreon developers have not been what we expected in the past, so the hesitation on paying for patreon developer like Matt, but i as a discord member can atleast guarantee that he did real work, not mouth talk

MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
This game looks like it's a great start with a ton of potential. The dev's Patreon page shows a lot of progress making good on that potential and I think this game could be a big time classic when finished.

However something about the animations seems off. I can't land on exactly what it is. I think part of it is the H animations start so slowly and passively. It's almost like the girl is just standing there on the dude stuck to him. Feels like there's a lack of motion, or maybe even aggression, that would make these animations better and more, well, involved.

Also if the animations are going to remain defeat and damage-triggered, I think some unique game over scenes would add so much to that formula that they are impossible to leave out. They bring a lot of fun and tension to the game to avoid a game over and the sick stuff that comes with it. I like the idea of the alien-zombo dudes carrying the girl off to some dark part of the ship to do some real dark, special stuff to her, but it's just a standard animation in the current version.

Also, making each animation only trigger under very specific circumstances can make them a huge pain to unlock and remove a lot of the fun, tension, and satisfaction of playing the game. It can quickly become an annoying "catch em all" game as you purposely lose over and over in a certain way to fish out the missing animations. The demo currently has a lot of this.

Overall this looks like it could be seriously memorable. I like the advantages that 3D brings over hand-drawn, but I think that the disadvantage of 3D is that animations with 3D models seem to have a higher chance of looking very wooden and sterile since you are working with meshes and bone nodes that can only be posed in certain ways. Reserving my judgment on this one but it's definitely my most closely watched game atm, great demo release.
If you're worried about animation quality or art quality, definitely check out SECTION 7
https://f95zone.to/threads/section-7-project-unknown-101-test-version-update-mr-matthew.58610/

Matt, the Dev, also made that by himself. The animation positions and quality is the best I've played of any game on patreon or F95zone. Matt has the capability and the skill, but he's creating by himself.

The animations in this game, Project Elimination, definitely need work (improved character quality & animations quality). I trust that quality will be addressed when the time is right. And, Matt has stated he will return to SECTION 7 after Project Elimination is completed.

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020
Man, I love these types of games, I just wish the character was male. This genre always seems to have only female protagonists. Great game though.
Out of curiosity,what do you mean you wish that the MC was Make? If you don't mind me asking can you elaborate a little?

Hfreak

Apr 5, 2021
Out of curiosity,what do you mean you wish that the MC was Make? If you don't mind me asking can you elaborate a little?
Maybe he wants to see some homosexual action. Personally even I was thinking something of the same sort that how these types of platformers and the 'action' would appeal if the character had been a male.

Reactions: Leeduva

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
You can get it for $2 from the Patreon just sub download unsub. It has a lot more content and is a super good looking game.
Odd that you have to pay for it, given both e says that he doesn't want to charge Patrons at the moment and the fact they said they're remaking Project Elimination into an entirely different type of game.

Reactions: anon241
3.70 star(s) 11 Votes