Unreal Engine Onhold Project Elimination: The Forbidden Planet [Test version v0.55] [MATEYDEV]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

Apahguinsimo

Feb 6, 2018
It's not like i am trying to be mean or anything about it, just wanted to see if anyone could clarify it for me. Though you've thrown me for loop, what do you mean by not by choice? Has the dev been forced to give up on it?
dev's hard drive died, no backup for the files that were on it.

Feb 11, 2020
It's not like i am trying to be mean or anything about it, just wanted to see if anyone could clarify it for me. Though you've thrown me for loop, what do you mean by not by choice? Has the dev been forced to give up on it?
Yeah, I know you weren't trying to be mean, sorry if I came off wrong.
And yeah, all I meant was that he would've kept working on it were it not for the hard drive crash (as Apahguinsimo said) but had no choice in the matter

Rape Lord

where is GRIMHELM
Donor
Oct 16, 2018
Very nice, hope this side project works out for you.
Also, the game keeps starting my SteamVR, so maybe remove the plugin from the UE Project as it's a bit annoying :)
1. right click "ProjectElimination.exe"
2. create shortcut
3. right click the new shortcut
4. click properties
5. in the "Target" field, add a space at the end of the line then type -nohmd
(mine looks like this but yours will be slightly different, so dont just copy paste this)

"A:\Tax Return 1995\games\Project Elimination The Forbidden Planet\WindowsNoEditor\ProjectElimination.exe" -nohmd

6. rename the shortcut to "ProjectElimination No VR" and use it to launch the game from now on

this works for every game ive encountered that has this issue

Reactions: HansVader

CHocolows

Jul 12, 2018
So after an hour or two to try the game here is what i found great and bad:

BAD:
- Controls, basically it's like controlling a truck it's heavy and ultra slow
- death jumps. There's some places where if you fall u'll go one layer down, there's some where u fall to death cuz the plateform is on the right and not on the left, and u miss it so direct death with no retry.
- Saves? No saves so far from what i saw, either it's not implemented yet, or i never found it.
- Eye-frames. Most of the enemies have Eye-frames invulerability, it's not a problem where they don't push you down directly whey they are in this stance.
- Enemies, They can and WILL combo you if there's more than one enemie. Wich means u'll die no matter what you do. They will push you down, and you will be stuck between them. Not enough time to jump or strike.
- Stamina. Great idea but not when hitting and jumping use it.
- No map. What can i say more?

GREAT:
- Graphics, no doubts if you have the computer for it it's a beautiful game, greats assets, lighting and shadow. That's perfect.
- Animations, Great too even if some lock you in place.
- Dash. Idea is great, too bad it's not explained on how to use it.
- Camera. Being free to zoom in or out with the camera is a great idea

Be warned, There's some hard glitch where you have to die or restard the game to get out of it.
From what i saw it was, being hit by two enemies, one who will grab you the other one who will kill you. It's result in the sex scene like it should be let u glitch on the ground spazing like hell at one HP. Yes u are stuck. No You can't escape that thing
Openning a door and being pushed down by en enemy where the door open. It's a bad idea, the screen will be spazing hard before letting you see a croped sexe scene cuz there's decorations in front of the character but it will spaze out again when u'll be set "free". Why "Free"? U'll be stuck on the door.

So far it's a good game with good things in it i'd like to see what they could do after some months of works on it.

Levy88

Jul 25, 2017
This should probably be marked as abandoned due to the hardware failure that lost all the files containing the game. As of now I don't believe he has any interest into trying to rebuild the game. But we won't know more until his current project wraps up. But I believe the plan was for him to return to section 7 project unknown after the current game he is working on.

NemesisOfLife

Jan 4, 2022
i believed such games are meant to give pleasure.. but this one gave only stress and frustration, yeah its a test version but atleast make the most basic thing better i.e combat ,, grrr

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes