5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Playfulpetfox

Feb 3, 2018
I know I'm not the first to say it, but definitely worried about IP protection features. Even Darksouls was exceptionally vulnerable, so this seems...risky.
Awesome.
But risky.

RARE2000

Dec 21, 2017
The single-player demo looks good as a taste tester. When you go into first person some of the important sexy details are lost, but that will come with time and experience. I would recommend actual animation transitions rather than just having them flash or fade in, as it is especially jarring in first person.

Reactions: Silverfan936

MEMEACCOUNT

Jul 27, 2020
I too want to know more about the network security of this game, imagine just trying to jerk off and next thing you know your router is frying itself because of a DDoS.

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
I think a big difference between this and other multiplayer 18+ stuff like Second Life is that the latter has a much bigger playerbase supporting a higher variety of fetishes, character types, scenarios, etc. If you really wanted to, one could delve deep enough and find stuff in-game for like... a demonic twink getting dominated by an insectoid female with an anime aesthetic, or more realistic or The Sims-esque avatars for regular human lesbian sex, or a hermaphrodite furry with her dick in a milking machine. The game is literally designed around being open-ended and having a lot of options for what you can do.
This game however (currently?) sits in a very specific niche - two WoW characters with very specific roles. The very-specific-to-WoW draenei will always be a dickgirl who's the on top/dom/giving side, and the elf (who could otherwise be generic/from "anything" but is indeed a "WoW elf") will always be a female who's on the bottom/sub/receiving side. Given that LizardSFM's previous game was PoV-only stuff about being on the receiving end of girl dick in your mouth, I doubt this game will ever grow out of that niche that could warrant actually having a multiplayer focus in the first place, much less a multiplayer game made in [*adjusts glasses*] Ren'Py???

dignity

May 28, 2017
wait, what?
ren'py (the engine being used) is made for visual novels
how the hell are you supposed to make a multiplayer game in ren'py?

unless this is a proof of concept, this is full-on bullshit

edit: looked around a bit and discovered that the most significant time the ren'py developer (PyTom) has talked about multiplayer was in 2008, where he stated it was not worth adding purely because other players would be unable to contribute anything

multiplayer is currently not supported considering the above, but apparently, much of the infrastructure required for such a project exists
but i think it's fair to say a solo dev with no known experience aside from an RPG Maker game ("Futa Dream") and who is currently learning python ( ) probably can't program an entire multiplayer framework in a visual novel engine

source:

Last edited:

JayDoubleDee

Dec 16, 2017
It works, and I love it. Character customization may prove difficult... I dunno how that'll work with all the animations essentially being prebaked unless I severely misunderstand renpy.

Nikki<3

May 12, 2018
Oh wow, so this is actually multiplayer? but not the version downloadable from f95?

That's a hot idea though, i want to try it...i just wish it wasn't about WoW characters but had more freedom/variety (male/female/femboy/whatever fantasy char. Objectively a char creation would be the best but i imagine it would make things more difficoult/longer).

I want to try the online version please <3

Reactions: JayDoubleDee

JayDoubleDee

Dec 16, 2017
Oh wow, so this is actually multiplayer? but not the version downloadable from f95?

That's a hot idea though, i want to try it...i just wish it wasn't about WoW characters but had more freedom/variety (male/female/femboy/whatever fantasy char. Objectively a char creation would be the best but i imagine it would make things more difficoult/longer).

I want to try the online version please <3
Here you go. From The dev's itch.io
It uses a match-making system for the multiplayer. But you can also form private rooms with a code. Every partner I've been paired with has been really nice and into it so far.

I made a cursed meme for the matchmaking.

Krolarnin

Sep 25, 2017
wait, what?
ren'py (the engine being used) is made for visual novels
how the hell are you supposed to make a multiplayer game in ren'py?

unless this is a proof of concept, this is full-on bullshit

edit: looked around a bit and discovered that the most significant time the ren'py developer (PyTom) has talked about multiplayer was in 2008, where he stated it was not worth adding purely because other players would be unable to contribute anything

multiplayer is currently not supported considering the above, but apparently, much of the infrastructure required for such a project exists
but i think it's fair to say a solo dev with no known experience aside from an RPG Maker game ("Futa Dream") and who is currently learning python ( ) probably can't program an entire multiplayer framework in a visual novel engine

source:
That was 14 years ago... Renpy (and python) have changed a LOT in that time. Renpy now natively allows importing third party python modules like the very popular package. Its even the example on their . I've seen renpy games with all sorts of online features before like version checking and I think even a global chat before. Some games even make you log into patreon/subscribestar to verify you are a supporter. Yes its primarily for visual novels but it was built in a way so people can script whatever they want with it. Inventory systems aren't native to renpy yet so many games have added it. Just check out all the people have made (and shared) for it. I've seen a lot of different types of games made in renpy including types of games. For example Baradise Escape is a Ren'py game but it has RPGMaker style movement and survival mechanics.

Did you look at what's there and the point of the game? You aren't going to be "controlling" your character like you would in an action game where you run around. There's no character position or hitboxes here. You click a button and a different hard coded animation starts, that's it. The only online features this game needs is chat and animation "syncing", i put that in quotes cause you don't need the animation to actually sync up between each person cause they are most likely going to be fairly short and just loop and its not like you can time when you type out a chat message or how fast the person is going to read it. A slight lag between animations between people is not an issue. For someone who has dabbled in both unity and unreal, for something this small in scope it's not worth it. If they can script RPGMaker then they can script Renpy... in terms of programming languages, python is really easy and with the right third party modules they won't need to do any of the heavy lifting.

R3NIZ

Nov 19, 2019
Go to the author's Twitter and download the current version of the game to play in multiplayer mode

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm going to remain a skeptic for now, personally. Regardless of what can be done with Ren'Py, at the end of the day it's just not an engine I'd ever consider a good option for anything multiplayer, much less some kind of "multiplayer erotic roleplay simulation" experience. How long until the third-party plugins/modules/whatever just fall apart from having to make Ren'Py even function that way?
The lack of customization is (still) another big problem and Ren'Py won't make that any better, considering all it can do is pre-made animations. If you really wanted to look at a futa-draenei-on-female-elf blowjob animation, it's just a few tags on a Rule34 search away, especially considering how much of a fucking stereotype "futa draenei" might as well be. Unless LizardSFM animates a lot of animations for a lot of different potential combinations, all you're gonna end up with is whatever he chose to animate. The chances that even something else WoW-related, but less on the "obvious" side, will be implemented are slim to none. No possibility to see... I dunno, [rolls dice] an orc woman dominantly riding a futa pandaren, or [spins wheel] blood elf dudes gangbanging a tauren lady, something more out-of-the-ordinary.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote